Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• So any rumours on incomings
    No !
  • Not even a whisper
  • The alleged bids for Toney are confusing. However I suppose it’s easy to make bids if you know they will be turned down and you have no intention of following them through. Even if a bid was accepted I doubt we’d be able to offer the player acceptable terms. If we did it would mean breaking the self imposed 5k pw and if so why not do that for Taylor in the first place.

It’s going to be interesting to see how the next couple of days pan out but I’m not hopeful and I’m resigned that Lyle will go.
    We’ve had 3 bids for Ivan Toney turned down, confirmed by Peterborough’s chairman. They want 10million for him
  • jdsd42 said:
    And why would you want to go and play at Middlesbrough - it is a shit hole and poorly supported - 
    Because they are bigger than us, have an owner with ambition, would pay him much more and a have a much bigger budget? 

Not that players care about any of those things.
    They have been picking up Freebies and cheapies much like us this summer.  Along with bringing in Woodgate, whom with no managerial experience is likely relatively cheap as a Championship manager.  I don’t think they will be big payers like they once were.  Assuming we offered him £5K p/w to stay - being our top end budget as stated on here - so would be interested to know how much more they are paying (we will of course never know)
    We’ve had 3 bids for Ivan Toney turned down, confirmed by Peterborough’s chairman. They want 10million for him
    What we been offering, a free scarf and a set of socket spanners?
  • Sponsored links:

• Starting to think that the Thursday deadline is a bit rubbish, especially for the Championship, which doesn't have the longer loan window of L1 and L2

It's after our season has started so we have the scenario of players leaving after 1 game or being left out last Saturday, but unlike L1 and L2 we can't make any further loans either - PL teams will only be finalising their squads this week, so any unwanted PL players will have to go to L1 and L2 after Thursday. 
  • Not on Twitter so can someone point me in the direction of these three bids for Toney
  • Whilst the dijksteel sale is not on the official site, neither is he. The team photo list no longer includes no 2
    Is this the way it is going to be announced with our players becoming the disappeared?
    Sad to lose him and dont blame his family celebrating him getting a better paid job but RD's ownership still sucks.
    We need to think of a way of getting at him where it really hurts, his core business not football.
  • edited August 2019
    Not on Twitter so can someone point me in the direction of these three bids for Toney
    Read the last few pages of this thread or sign up for twitter 
  • The Peterborough chairman tweeted we had made 3 bids, he didn’t say when or how much. But said Gallen had spoken to Fry.
  • Not on Twitter so can someone point me in the direction of these three bids for Toney
    Page 259
  • Sabali needed.
  • Sabali needed.
    Cheers Russ!!
  • Sponsored links:

• jdsd42 said:
    And why would you want to go and play at Middlesbrough - it is a shit hole and poorly supported - 
    No inside knowledge here but I’m thinking that Boro players earning £20 - 30 per week don’t hang out in downtown Middlesbrough.
    I have no inside knowledge either - only a fact it’s a shit hole 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Dannoo_86 said:

Hopefully Purrington snaps him in 2 when we play them.

You're losing sight of the real enemy. Dijksteel didn't put a foot wrong in his time with us. 
    Apart from the og v Blackburn.
    He didnt score an OG v Blackburn Phillips did

JamesSeed said:
    Dannoo_86 said:

Hopefully Purrington snaps him in 2 when we play them.

You're losing sight of the real enemy. Dijksteel didn't put a foot wrong in his time with us. 
    Apart from the og v Blackburn.
    He didnt score an OG v Blackburn Phillips did
    Technically, yes, but what a poor header it was.
    I liked Dijksteel, but he was weak in the air for a defender. Quick and athletic though, and he was learning to cross the ball too. We'll miss him for sure.
  • jdsd42 said:
    Because they are bigger than us, have an owner with ambition, would pay him much more and a have a much bigger budget? 

Not that players care about any of those things.
    They are not bigger and what ambition - don’t hide the fact it’s a shit hole - and the family care - London or that hole !!

• I kind of want to like that post JdCam.
  • JdCam said:
    Going to have a bit of rant which probably wont go down well and could be my last post, but sod it.

Bauer - you were an average league 1 defender before Bowyer came in
    Bielik - no one heard of you before you came to us and Bowyer took you under his wing - turned you into a CDM too
    Cullen - enjoy sitting on the West Ham bench then get loaned out to another team where the manager doesn’t get you or make you better. No one really heard of you until Bowyer guided you
    Dijksteel - you’d still be a bench warmer if it wasnt for Bowyer
    Aribo - huge talent but you had no direction until Bowyer 
    Grant - you were a lost soul before Bowyer
    Lyle - love ya. But you’d still be bumming around in league 1 if it weren’t for Bowyer. As for cryptic tweets saying “leave me alone”. Fuck you and don't get above yourself. The fans treat you like a god. You've helped unite the club. Kids adore you. We’ve spent money getting your name on our shirts. We’ve queued up with our kids to meet you. We've waited hours after games with our kids to see you. We’ve stood shoulder to shoulder with you when you were getting your head kicked by Accy. We’ve sung your praises when you’ve spoke out against racism or made old ladies dreams come true. So, we’re really sorry that we just want to hear from you, after all its not often you keep quiet.

I’m aware that careers are short/got no money/loans are in the hands of the parent club/agents yada yada...

What I’m trying to say is isn't it about time Bowyer was shown some fucking respect by some of these players. Yeah, the owners a prick, but they all new that before they signed. What about if they thought “Gaffer, I owe you. You got us into the Championship. I’ll sign a new deal, but lets see how this season goes and we’ll talk next summer”. Maybe a few of these players can learn from the old pro’s such as Williams and Pearcey who've been there and done that and know when they're onto a good thing. Any way, I’ll take my rose tinted glasses off now.

Agree with the Lyle part, comes across as very very arrogant. People just want to know what's going on
  • Addickted said:
    There is only one place where a peaceful mass protest of Charlton fans would have any effect.

Exactly. It's his manor, and he needs his routine, which includes lunch at Stayen pretty much every day. 

That said, he employs a lot of the 30k citizens, and has a good (but not invincible) relationship with local plod. 

Another mass protest is worth doing and do-able, but we should also think about other ways to embarrass him in front of those whose admiration he craves. 

I really admire the Led by Donkeys poster campaign but thus far we didn't get sensible quotes for posters over there. I would love to know how, and for how much the Donkeys guys got that big poster in Brussels for the very moment of Theresa May's visit. 

Seriously though, what are you and your middle aged buds gonna do? Wander round with a few leaflets and placards? Don’t mean to demean you fella but it ain’t gonna work. In the unlikely event a few bods went out there and ”something” happened, you’d be the first one condemning them and distancing yourself from them. Kudos to you for wanting to do something but these protests didn’t work before and won’t work now. For me, I have no idea what the solution is as I’m not by nature a protestor, so feel free to slam me for criticising whilst having no alternative suggestions 👍🏻
    Jeez. Read your "like" list and weep.
    3 wise monkeys
  • jdsd42 said:
    No inside knowledge here but I’m thinking that Boro players earning £20 - 30 per week don’t hang out in downtown Middlesbrough.
    Yeah. This always makes me laugh too

"Why would you want to go to Blackburn, it's a shithole of a place". Like anyone playing there and pulling down 20 bags a week is going to be living in Bank Top or Shadsworth

"Who wants to go to Preston, its a dump". Because anybody playing for Preston is going to live in Ingol...

Anybody think a lot of our players live in Charlton? Or Woolwich? 
    How much a 4 bed in Charlton compared to  a 4 bed in middlesborough -   Not much wrong with Charlton