Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• edited August 2019
    I think that the fact that he persuaded his mate to come from Wimbledon and probably had an influence on Williams coming back to us is a massive plus point . 

I hope he doesn’t have a parasitic agent ( I know , they all are !) who tells him to go to Middlesbrough for the money . 

I just hope a more attractive club than Brentford or Middlesbrough doesn’t come in last minute as that could make him change his mind . 
  • I think that the fact that he persuaded his mate to come from Wimbledon and probably had an influence on Williams coming back to us is a massive plus point . 

I just hope he doesn’t have a parasitic agent ( I know , they all are !) who tells him to go to Middlesbrough for the money . 

I just hope a more attractive club than Brentford or Middlesbrough doesn’t come in last minute as that could make him change his mind . 
    At this stage of his career his agent would be failing him if he didn't tell him to go for the money.

Strategy
    1. Try to get Charlton to double your pay, you want to stay if possible? Result - RD offered to halve my pay.
    2. Take the money at 'boro.
  • Players would be well advised not to get too chummy with fans on social media and to stay relatively low key - things can turn unpleasant, whether justified or not, when players leave.
  • I think that the fact that he persuaded his mate to come from Wimbledon and probably had an influence on Williams coming back to us is a massive plus point . 

I hope he doesn’t have a parasitic agent ( I know , they all are !) who tells him to go to Middlesbrough for the money . 

Dont forget; money shouldnt be an issue - After all Sunderland did offer him a bigger wage than us

What Lyle wanted was a bonus (I presume based on goals) as acknowledgement of his work yet they all but laughed at him up there apparently
  • Fairly sure the peterborough chairman was meaning he had turned down Middlesboroughs bids not ours. No chance we are bidding millions for anyone.
  • Even from Rolands prespective, he will surely know selling AD and LT without reinvesting decently with a % of that income would be beyond stupid.

Surely even Roland isn't that crazy 

Would be almost suicide. 
  • Even from Rolands prespective, he will surely know selling AD and LT without reinvesting decently with a % of that income would be beyond stupid.

Would be almost suicide. 
    Why? He's made it clear he's happy to be in L1 and the budget is set up for that. He has no interest in this season.

Would be almost suicide. 
    I think he is - the bloke is absolutely bonkers.
  • Fairly sure the peterborough chairman was meaning he had turned down Middlesboroughs bids not ours. No chance we are bidding millions for anyone.
    No he definitely said Charlton as he mentioned Gallen made three bids and spoke to Fry.
  • Sponsored links:

Would be almost suicide. 
    I think he is - the bloke is absolutely bonkers.
    His strategy is pretty clear -

Use academy players
    Sign players on a free or a very low fee
    Offer players a contract not exceeding ?k

When contracts run out it doesn't seem RD is bothered about keeping them if wages have to be increased and he will sell them assuming they command a fee.

There is no long term vision and everything is done on the cheap.
  • What is the top earner on at Charlton now? I'm curious what the maximum RD will offer now?
  • I like the fact you get info and insight from the Peterborough chairman, but find that pretty unprofessional to be honest 
    Certainly frustrating for clubs bidding

Everyone knows we're willing to spend money on Ivan Toney, will make their own judgements of how much we've bid and so set their players at that minimum value themselves to get the best price
  • Dazzler21 said:
    All those slagging off Dijksteel... He's steadily improved since he broke into the team and will continue to do so. He's a good signing for any championship club.
    He was at one. Could of continued to improve but went for the money. Don't dress it up as anything else. Understandable on his part but from our perspective unhelpful. Not having the nuts to say tata before you get your picture taken poor. (See Lockyer for how to leave a club). 
  • What is the top earner on at Charlton now? I'm curious what the maximum RD will offer now?
    A couple of years ago, Airman said the top earner was Naby Sarr on £275,000 p.a.: between five and six grand a week.  I wonder if Lyle Taylor was recruited on more than that.
  • Sponsored links:

• The lack of ambition from our club must be a factor. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    All those slagging off Dijksteel... He's steadily improved since he broke into the team and will continue to do so. He's a good signing for any championship club.
    He was at one. Could of continued to improve but went for the money. Don't dress it up as anything else. Understandable on his part but from our perspective unhelpful. Not having the nuts to say tata before you get your picture taken poor. (See Lockyer for how to leave a club). 
    Waste of energy getting yourself wound up about how players leave a club - seems people are just deperate to be outraged. If a player is sold what are they supposed to do?

I don't blame players who are unhappy at Charlton if they're not paid the going rate.
  • Hopefully Spurs tie up Countinho, Dybala and Lo Celso today and we can have Parrott.
    Spurs to sign the players to release Parrott
    Bristol City to sign a Striker to release Matty Taylor

West Ham and Liverpool to get their fingers out and release us Josh Cullen and Herbie Kane (as mentioned find it strange he's not already joined Hull)
  • So any rumours on incomings
    We’ve had 3 bids for Ivan Toney turned down, confirmed by Peterborough’s chairman. They want 10million for him
    I hate football.
  • IF IF , very fanciful 'ifs' Dijk is sold and IF (fanciful, wishful thinking) the profit is used to bring in fresh blood, that will not be too bad a deal. Whatever the IFS and BUTS and HOPES, tomorrow is the deadline
  • So any rumours on incomings
    We’ve had 3 bids for Ivan Toney turned down, confirmed by Peterborough’s chairman. They want 10million for him
    I hate football.
    Surely that £10m has to be transfer rumour bullshit 

The Peterborough chairman said they've rejected bids of £3m / £3.5m for a player - thats not going to be from us so see that being clubs after Marcus Maddison again

Those are the only official figures mentioned
  • Dijk to 'Boro .. Woodgate and Bowyer old mates (say no more) is a swap deal of some kind on the cards ?

Dont forget; money shouldnt be an issue - After all Sunderland did offer him a bigger wage than us

What Lyle wanted was a bonus (I presume based on goals) as acknowledgement of his work yet they all but laughed at him up there apparently
    He rejected 4.5k a week at Sunderland and maybe took what 3.5/4k a week at us?

You're now talking probably about 7-8k a week with us or 15-20k a week at brentford or boro. Completely different scenario.