Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Not sure how to take Taylor's 'leave me alone' post. 

Admittedly i get that he doesn't have to say anything but he's usually very active on social media and he could just come out and say he's not leaving. 
  • edited August 2019
    Not sure how to take Taylor's 'leave me alone' post. 

Admittedly i get that he doesn't have to say anything but he's usually very active on social media and he could just come out and say he's not leaving. 
    Sorry haven’t read the last gazillion posts .

has he said “leave me alone” in the last couple of days or so ? 

Edit:Just read on Taylor thread his cryptic message 
  • Could he leave me alone - as in other clubs because I’m happy 
    or leave me alone as in fans constantly asking him. 

As I said for a man who is usually outspoken ( has a personality ) it’s strange for him not to comment - that added to the contract gif a few weeks ago all makes it very strange. 

We may of turned down a bid but all that means is 48hours to improve bids remeber djiksteel was not for sale, still nothing on the os - laughable at best 

dont mind him going IF the money was given to lee but it’s not so Roland can as per usual get fucked 
  • Just woke up, did I miss anything?
  • Uboat said:
    Just woke up, did I miss anything?
    Did you have a nice sleep? It's 2005 and we are still in the premier league. 
    Lovely thanks, very calm this morning, I can see clearly now the rain has gone, I can see all obstacles in my way. 
  • edited August 2019
     That cheeky scamp who put out a story about seeing Lyle at Waterloo train station? It was all a rous, Lyle was only taking his cat to the dentist.

Stand down, as you were.

A nice calm day, a nice calm day, a nice calm day.
  • Uboat said:
    Lovely thanks, very calm this morning, I can see clearly now the rain has gone, I can see all obstacles in my way. 
    Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind.
    It's gonna be a bright bright bright sunshiny day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why would bowyer leave his 4 bedroom house in charlton for a 4 bedroom in Peckham or Croydon.bleeding hell you’ll be telling me next his interested moving to Leeds.
  • Anyone anyone who has a heart, you know that I’ll love you.....
  • I am shocked some people think this situation is over.
    Brentford just got £20M cash for selling a striker. If they get a £3M bid rejected they can just offer £4-5M Thursday and get him. They have actual cash to buy him several times over. No way they do not get this one over the line with our shit owner, if they want. Lee thinks "Taylor gets 20 goals this season." Twenty goals for Brentford takes an already good team to the Premier League, imho. They could pay £10m and he would be a bargain if the payoff is £150M in TV revenue next year. So shelling out £4-5M is hilariously easy for them. And wise.
    They will also know how to play Roland from last year.

Yeah, offer cash upfront and Roland will bite their hand off.
  • Lyle Taylor - if you leave me now, you'll take away the biggest part of me.
    And I'll be ca-wying over you.
  • We know that Taylor seems to love it here but there must be a battle of heart vs head.

If he was to stay and sign a new contract, surely it wouldn’t be a much as he would get at Brentford (yes, Brentford)
  • Uboat said:
    It was only a nightmeire.
  • I think even Bowyer knows we ain’t getting 4/5 in it’s just him making another sly example of Dickelet.  Reckon we’ll get 2/3, Harriott, a shit forward in the Bonne calibre and a right back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not sure how to take Taylor's 'leave me alone' post. 

Might not be his decision !
  • We know that Taylor seems to love it here but there must be a battle of heart vs head.

If he was to stay and sign a new contract, surely it wouldn’t be a much as he would get at Brentford (yes, Brentford)
    Yep, this is where players can sometimes have clubs over a barrel. Most clubs know the significance of their star player. He gets courted elsewhere for higher wages, the host club gets led into taking his salary above what they want to (and from a financials POV is realistic) because they weigh up the boost from retaining him carries a premium, particularly with the fans. An emotional impact plays a part in the process.

the other side (sorry to get all Napa here) is to look at it coldly, which is more likely what Roland will do. If you increase his contract by 10k a week that’s an additional £1.5m on your costs over the next 3 years. If you can sell that player for £5m and have confidence you can equivalent replace with a potential fee and wages package of £3m over the next 3 years, you are £2m quids in against a situation where your costs would have increased. 
    False economy though. 2 reasons:

RD wont spend even half the transfer fee on a replacement & therefore you will be picking up a lesser player.

Ergo, a lesser player will not be as good & wont score the goals = relegation.

• Just seen Lyle hot-footing it on a Boris Bike in westly direction. Take from that what you will.
  • the people getting annoyed with taylor not saying anything - i get it hes quite clearly adored by all at the club and before us was not really known was 27 playing in league 1 he probably has 3/4 years left of playing football and id be happy if they were with us. 

he is a player that speaks out - a lot, the cryptic messages are annoying for all fans. 
  • edited August 2019
    Genuinely can’t believe people think footballers shouldn’t move to double their wages when I bet there’s not a plumber, builder, accountant, shop worker etc on this thread that wouldn’t do that same in heartbeat even if they like their current boss, Jonny Williams is a freak (in a good way), a diamond in the rough and he should be saluted but that doesn’t mean the others get slated. 
    I agree to a degree. 

Certainly L1 wages being doubled or more (especially at the back end of a footballer’s career) would be life changing and very difficult to turn down. 

I’d argue that a top end player at the end of a year 4 year 250k pw salary would not have same life changing effect if moving to double their pay. 

The same probably applies to accountants ;)
  • So what time does all the fun kick off today then?