Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Get the impression you never stay friends with the other half after a break up @JdCam :-)

i feel your pain fella
    Haha!! Not bitter...
  • Addickted said:
    There is only one place where a peaceful mass protest of Charlton fans would have any effect.

Exactly. It's his manor, and he needs his routine, which includes lunch at Stayen pretty much every day. 

That said, he employs a lot of the 30k citizens, and has a good (but not invincible) relationship with local plod. 

Another mass protest is worth doing and do-able, but we should also think about other ways to embarrass him in front of those whose admiration he craves. 

I really admire the Led by Donkeys poster campaign but thus far we didn't get sensible quotes for posters over there. I would love to know how, and for how much the Donkeys guys got that big poster in Brussels for the very moment of Theresa May's visit. 

Seriously though, what are you and your middle aged buds gonna do? Wander round with a few leaflets and placards? Don’t mean to demean you fella but it ain’t gonna work. In the unlikely event a few bods went out there and ”something” happened, you’d be the first one condemning them and distancing yourself from them. Kudos to you for wanting to do something but these protests didn’t work before and won’t work now. For me, I have no idea what the solution is as I’m not by nature a protestor, so feel free to slam me for criticising whilst having no alternative suggestions 👍🏻
    Middle aged? I'll take that. 
    Yep, sitting here in my pants perusing a stenna stairlifts catalogue when I thought I’d take glance at CL, bought a wry old smile to this face when I read that one me old mucker. Wandering around St Truiden stinking of pi55 certainly got up his nose that weekend, “middle aged” love it.👨‍🦳👨‍🦳👨‍🦳
  • Must go to sleep,...hopefully it will be pretty quiet on here tomorrow.
    You're already asleep. Don't worry you're just having a bad dream. 
    Don’t you believe it, wait until @KiwiValley wakes up and read this lot 😂
  • Tbf, that post is bollocks but with regards to Taylor, his cryptic posts are a bit disrespectful if he is leaving. 
  • Oh, Chris Gunter, sha-la-la-la-la-la

What do you know that we don't? :smile:
  • Tbf, that post is bollocks but with regards to Taylor, his cryptic posts are a bit disrespectful if he is leaving. 
    I think the last paragraph is spot on. Where's the respect to Bowyer?
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Oh, Chris Gunter, sha-la-la-la-la-la

What do you know that we don't? :smile:
    For arguments sake, what would views be on Gunter for Dijksteel.....
    Hopefully not, I want to see us announce those 4/5 signings Bowyer talked about...
  • Suspect Taylor isn’t going anywhere with his cryptic posts. 
    But we need players in!
  • Gunter, Field, Parrott and Harriott is going to be max we'll get in I reckon 
  • Parott, Herbie Kane, Field, Harriott and Gunter would be my ideal (yet realistic) scenario. 
    More likely we’ll get Gunter and Harriott with the ‘just pleased we managed to keep Lyle’
  • Parott, Herbie Kane, Field, Harriott and Gunter would be my ideal (yet realistic) scenario. 
    More likely we’ll get Gunter and Harriott with the ‘just pleased we managed to keep Lyle’
    There is no way we will get that many incomings over the line in 2 days 
  • JdCam said:
    Going to have a bit of rant which probably wont go down well and could be my last post, but sod it.

Bauer - you were an average league 1 defender before Bowyer came in
    Bielik - no one heard of you before you came to us and Bowyer took you under his wing - turned you into a CDM too
    Cullen - enjoy sitting on the West Ham bench then get loaned out to another team where the manager doesn’t get you or make you better. No one really heard of you until Bowyer guided you
    Dijksteel - you’d still be a bench warmer if it wasnt for Bowyer
    Aribo - huge talent but you had no direction until Bowyer 
    Grant - you were a lost soul before Bowyer
    Lyle - love ya. But you’d still be bumming around in league 1 if it weren’t for Bowyer. As for cryptic tweets saying “leave me alone”. Fuck you and don't get above yourself. The fans treat you like a god. You've helped unite the club. Kids adore you. We’ve spent money getting your name on our shirts. We’ve queued up with our kids to meet you. We've waited hours after games with our kids to see you. We’ve stood shoulder to shoulder with you when you were getting your head kicked by Accy. We’ve sung your praises when you’ve spoke out against racism or made old ladies dreams come true. So, we’re really sorry that we just want to hear from you, after all its not often you keep quiet.

I’m aware that careers are short/got no money/loans are in the hands of the parent club/agents yada yada...

What I’m trying to say is isn't it about time Bowyer was shown some fucking respect by some of these players. Yeah, the owners a prick, but they all new that before they signed. What about if they thought “Gaffer, I owe you. You got us into the Championship. I’ll sign a new deal, but lets see how this season goes and we’ll talk next summer”. Maybe a few of these players can learn from the old pro’s such as Williams and Pearcey who've been there and done that and know when they're onto a good thing. Any way, I’ll take my rose tinted glasses off now.

Do get a grip. A lot of shit gets posted on this site but you've taken it to another level. 
    Fair do’s. Been a log day, Some rants are best kept to yourself i suppose! 
    Shit.Think I might be obsessed with Lee Bowyer! :blush:
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:
    I really don’t understand why players like Bielik or Cullen are getting targeted in your rant? It’s not as if they have a choice as to whether they play for Charlton or not.
    Not meant to be a pop, just showing what a great job Bowyer is doing with these players and that I just wished some players realise that as Williams has
    Add Matt Taylor to that and Toney and I’d be delighted....and probably on crack 
  • Valley11 said:
    Parott, Herbie Kane, Field, Harriott and Gunter would be my ideal (yet realistic) scenario. 
    Add Matt Taylor to that and Toney and I’d be delighted....and probably on crack 
    Can we add Cullen... then i’ll join you on the crack! 
  • I don’t think Bowyer will be phased by the idea of 5 in 2 days, he’s been playing the loan narrative this whole window.

• edited August 2019
    Scoham said:
    Is that that drug baron who tried to escape from prison disguised as his daughter?
  • Laddick01 said:
    I don’t think Bowyer will be phased by the idea of 5 in 2 days, he’s been playing the loan narrative this whole window.

"Chris I've got 5 loan players all lined up, really pleased with what Steve and I have got sorted.....what do you mean you're off today?..... visiting Sue's sister in Exeter...but this is urgent...I don't care if her cat is unwell..."