Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Confirmed on o/s
  • Dijk to 'Boro .. Woodgate and Bowyer old mates (say no more) is a swap deal of some kind on the cards ?
    No, because all the players at Middlesbrough are worth money and are currently on salaries that far outstrip anything close to what we would be willing to offer. 
  • We're in the Championship and have become a selling club to our rivals - how far will RD decimate our squad?

Looks like RD has written this season off - actively wants us back in L1.
  • Thank you Roland for giving Bowyer the freedom to do the business he wants!
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds like it'll be Solly / Oshilaja at Right Back then

In Bowyer we trust!!
  • I’d be amazed if that money is re-invested but in Bowyer we trust
    He must be getting some of the money otherwise Bowyer saying he was sold for “Footballing Reasons “ makes absolutely no sense.
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Very good if we do in fact reinvest and this isn't PR spin:

Interesting and encouraging. Maybe some of the money, if the above is true, will be used to fund a new contract for Lyle.
  • I’d be amazed if that money is re-invested but in Bowyer we trust
    He must be getting some of the money otherwise Bowyer saying he was sold for “Footballing Reasons “ makes absolutely no sense.

some of the money might mean a few bob extra to go towards wages. Also he might just be towing the party line. We will know by 5pm tomorrow how much of it was for footballing reasons.
  • edited August 2019
    Sounds like it'll be Solly / Oshilaja at Right Back then

In Bowyer we trust!!
    Oh Deji canplay at RB. Well that leaves us needing maybe that extra holding midfield.
  • edited August 2019
    If we get 2 million for Dijksteel, that and Dijksteel's current weekly salary would easily pay the weekly wages for  4 or 5 top quality loan signings at this level for the next 9 months. I am going to wait until close of business on Thursday before passing judgement.
    So LB is saying it was a decision by the football staff. More important to strengthen in other areas. My post a few days ago, that received so many LOLs, looks pretty much on the money now!
  • Unless the football decision was Bowyer needing to make a Sophie’s Choice. 

In Bowyer we trust!!
    Oh Deji canplay at RB. Well that leaves us needing maybe that extra holding midfield.
    Depends

If Solly starts at Right Back with Pratley as holding midfielder (like what we saw against Blackburn) then Oshilaja can be kept back on the bench to cover three positions if needed

Only risk is if he comes on due to a Solly injury and then we lose Pratley, I reckon there is more chance of us signing midfield cover by tomorrow than another right back
  • Sponsored links:

• It sounds from  Cawley's tweet like Bowyer has been given assurances  & believes that he can reinvest the money into signings.

I think he'll be disappointed 
  • It sounds from  Cawley's tweet like Bowyer has been given assurances  & believes that he can reinvest the money into signings.

I think he'll be disappointed 
    If Bowyer believes that, he will believe anything. 
  • That's exactly what I thought yesterday. If we've been making cash offers to Peterborough, the money must potentially have come from somewhere. 

Bowyer is a tough nut. I'm sure during his lengthy contract talks with Roland they agreed what he could spend, and how any transfer fees received would be allocated, and have no reason to believe that Roland would break those promises.

My worry is not that Roland won't let Bowyer spend the money, but that he will miss his targets as there's so little time to go.
  • sam3110 said:
    Nothing to do with a footballing decision, it was his agent wanting to earn a pound note. The boy would have been better staying in London near his family and signing a new contract, move in a couple of years rather than stuck up in that pit of place in which he wont be guaranteed first team football, once again totally misguided by the greed of football agents. 
    He's going there as Woodgate's first choice, and that's his words not mine
    Woodgate played a Midfielder at RB against Luton

Do they even have another choice at that position?

In Bowyer we trust!!
    Depends

If Solly starts at Right Back with Pratley as holding midfielder (like what we saw against Blackburn) then Oshilaja can be kept back on the bench to cover three positions if needed

Only risk is if he comes on due to a Solly injury and then we lose Pratley, I reckon there is more chance of us signing midfield cover by tomorrow than another right back
    Are we no forgetting Wierdu? if we are playing 5 at the back regularly and as he was the breakthrough of preseason, he may feature as a wing back.
  • edited August 2019
    If we get 2 million for Dijksteel, that and Dijksteel's current weekly salary would easily pay the weekly wages for  4 or 5 top quality loan signings at this level for the next 9 months. I am going to wait until close of business on Thursday before passing judgement.
    So LB is saying it was a decision by the football staff. More important to strengthen in other areas. My post a few days ago, that received so many LOLs, looks pretty much on the money now!
    Bowyer said as much weeks ago. That part of the equation is no surprise. The part of the equation that is still unknown and would surprise me at least, would be Bowyer getting a fair whack of the fee. Bowyers comments that strengthening other areas are more of a priority implies that he will get the fee because Djiksteels wages won’t impact.

If LB does now have more wriggle room with wages for targets we must hope that the short space of time now left allows him to get things done.

In Bowyer we trust!!
    Oshilaja is also CB cover. If we want to play 3 at the back, we really need an extra CB as that only leaves us with 3 (+ Pratley). Maybe they have someone else in mind who can play there