Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Jenkinson gone Forest, if its a perm move.. do we have any sell on?
  • Wouldn't surprise me if selling AD paid for Williams wages
  • Dazzler21 said:
    All those slagging off Dijksteel... He's steadily improved since he broke into the team and will continue to do so. He's a good signing for any championship club.
    He was at one. Could of continued to improve but went for the money. Don't dress it up as anything else. Understandable on his part but from our perspective unhelpful. Not having the nuts to say tata before you get your picture taken poor. (See Lockyer for how to leave a club). 
    Waste of energy getting yourself wound up about how players leave a club - seems people are just deperate to be outraged. If a player is sold what are they supposed to do?

I don't blame players who are unhappy at Charlton if they're not paid the going rate.
    No outrage kid just manners.
  • tgarrat1 said:
    Jenkinson gone Forest, if its a perm move.. do we have any sell on?
    I believe we did . Remember this was done pre Roland  
  • Its all keep hearing five new players for the last few weeks, if we haven't got a couple in by now I cant see what will change within the 30 hours. We have been here loads of times before, year after year. Same shit just a different voice.
    Roll on 5.30 with the interview when we are pleased to have one in, we thought we would get another four in but just couldn't get it done as other clubs were waiting, its boring now. 
  • Richard J said:
    tgarrat1 said:
    tgarrat1 said:

Only had 8 years to wait for the sell on!
  • Simonsen said:
    Richard J said:
    tgarrat1 said:
    tgarrat1 said:

Simonsen said:
    Richard J said:
    tgarrat1 said:
    tgarrat1 said:

lol .. but never was money so desperately needed 
  • Simonsen said:
    Richard J said:
    tgarrat1 said:
    tgarrat1 said:

not going to be much of a sell on, max 20% of half a million so roughly 100k
  • edited August 2019
    tgarrat1 said:
    Amazing that he joined Arsenal from us 8 years ago. I can't imagine the fee Forest paid was more than the original £1m Arsenal paid though
  • Sponsored links:

• tgarrat1 said:
    Amazing that he joined Arsenal from us 8 years ago. I can't imagine the fee Forest paid was more than the original £1m Arsenal paid though
    Never really rated Jenkinson
  • Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Cawley saying premier league clubs have until the end of the month to loan league one clubs. Didn't realise that. 
    We're not in league one... yet!
    Haha I know. It just means PL clubs don't have to rush to get their youngsters/fringe players out on loan, which may be a negative for us. 
    Dunno... depends if they think they're too good for League One Football i.e. If Josh Cullen ends up back at a League One team then its absolute madness
    Yeah I meant more players with no loan experience. Of course players who have already proven themselves in league one won't be going back there, though doubt we'll be getting Cullen back anyway sadly. 
  • edited August 2019
    tgarrat1 said:
    We probably negotiated a deal where we have to give Arsenal the money they paid to us back to them if he moved on.
  •  I thought this was a rumours page tha last 4 pages all shit talk
  • tgarrat1 said:
    By far the worst of our youth academy sell ons imo
  • Simonsen said:
    Richard J said:
    tgarrat1 said:
    tgarrat1 said:

Simonsen said:
    Richard J said:
    tgarrat1 said:
    tgarrat1 said:

lol .. but never was money so desperately needed 
    ... by Roland :(

He must be down to his last few hundred millions by now. Poor lamb.
  • tgarrat1 said:

Now get him on loan from Forest to replace Dijksteel.....(and bin the sell-on).
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    All those slagging off Dijksteel... He's steadily improved since he broke into the team and will continue to do so. He's a good signing for any championship club.
    He was at one. Could of continued to improve but went for the money. Don't dress it up as anything else. Understandable on his part but from our perspective unhelpful. Not having the nuts to say tata before you get your picture taken poor. (See Lockyer for how to leave a club). 
    Pretty sure he can improve ok at Boro, a team who were in the Premier League, what, three years ago? Boro have excellent training facilities and the means to push for promotion. He's hardly left just for the money. The idea that players have to do some kind of massive public mea culpa for daring to move jobs is just insane.
    Mea culpa? Just say thanks yourself for the opportunity provided and move on. Do it yourself not via a scripted club statement. Get your timing right and do well in your new job. My lad’s got Konsa shirt framed in his room from Bradford away. Never an issue with young players making progress. 
    The fact RD is squandering our opportunity to do well this season for his own perverse ends is the cancer. Players moving and being glad to do so the outward symptoms of our demise. 

• Bowyer will see some of that AD money apparently

He may publicly claim he does not for obvious reasons but he will see a % of it.
    Got a bit more on this today.

Apparently it was part of LBs new contract that he can use a certain % of transfer fees made.

any idea what sort of percentage?
  • Charlton probably held the better hand in getting Afernee to sign but because we’re paying relative peanuts we lost the advantage of him being settled and liking CAFC. The reason he’s gone is our fault not his. Any sensible player would do exactly the same. Good luck AD. We move on to the next debacle.
    Just because other clubs are willing to pay more wages it doesn't automatically mean that we should follow. I'm not saying I agree with Roland's budget for us, but every club has to have some sort of financial limit, as if you don't you end up like Bolton or Bury

AD was probably on about £1000 a week at The Valley. A Championship full back should expect at least £7 -10 k per week. No idea what he’s moved onto at Boro but I can’t help feeling that if we’d offered him even close to the going rate then he might have stayed. 
  • Bowyer will see some of that AD money apparently

He may publicly claim he does not for obvious reasons but he will see a % of it.
    Got a bit more on this today.

Apparently it was part of LBs new contract that he can use a certain % of transfer fees made.

any idea what sort of percentage?
    2???
  • Be prepared to be disappointed on our transfer dealings this window. Will be lucky to get one or two over the line and one will be Callum Harriett. #JustSaying Hope I’m wrong but that’s my gut feeling 
  • We are sniffing about that Bristol Rovers striker that was at Rotherham apparently