Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Congratulations this thread has now hit 1 million views, that's a lot of time being wasted about potential rumours and just general no substance chat

Here is to the next million!

Crazy amount of views, got to be a record surely?

And with just over 8k posts a seat for every post we've filled the West Stand Upper and Lower

Just needs HappyValley to reference the page numbers to something
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Bowyer will see some of that AD money apparently

He may publicly claim he does not for obvious reasons but he will see a % of it.
    Got a bit more on this today.

Apparently it was part of LBs new contract that he can use a certain % of transfer fees made.

any idea what sort of percentage?
    No idea, relatively small I guess that knowing RD its fucked around with. 

I know its only on new deals not any sells ons etc.

I was always under the impression LB wasnt going to piss about with AD the moment he didnt sign a deal and as well as Boywer being pissed off about Aribo

I think Bonne money come from the Aribo development fee
    Would explain why bows was so pissed off with Aribo going to Rangers
    Gallen did say that we were hoping Aribo would go to an English club as we'd have received about £2m
  • FAVADDICK said:
    We are sniffing about that Bristol Rovers striker that was at Rotherham apparently
    Johnson Clarke Harris 
    Injured at the moment. Perfect for us!
    J C Harris .. seen him play a few times for the Millers and who could forget his pen miss against us a couple of seasons back … the ball landed in Barnsley .. t b h, he was young then but I was not especially impressed
    He was outstanding for Brizzle R last season. Scored some cracking goals. 
    that was his first good season .. at 25, he must have matured and improved his attitude .. used to be a sulker and a bit of a passenger .. if Bowyer likes him .. get him in
  • Dazzler21 said:
    All those slagging off Dijksteel... He's steadily improved since he broke into the team and will continue to do so. He's a good signing for any championship club.
    He was at one. Could of continued to improve but went for the money. Don't dress it up as anything else. Understandable on his part but from our perspective unhelpful. Not having the nuts to say tata before you get your picture taken poor. (See Lockyer for how to leave a club). 
    Pretty sure he can improve ok at Boro, a team who were in the Premier League, what, three years ago? Boro have excellent training facilities and the means to push for promotion. He's hardly left just for the money. The idea that players have to do some kind of massive public mea culpa for daring to move jobs is just insane.
    Mea culpa? Just say thanks yourself for the opportunity provided and move on. Do it yourself not via a scripted club statement. Get your timing right and do well in your new job. My lad’s got Konsa shirt framed in his room from Bradford away. Never an issue with young players making progress. 
    The fact RD is squandering our opportunity to do well this season for his own perverse ends is the cancer. Players moving and being glad to do so the outward symptoms of our demise. 

So, like this?

Yes mate just like that.
    So we'll just agree that you saying 'Not having the nuts to say tata before you get your picture taken poor. (See Lockyer for how to leave a club)' hasn't aged well then.
    See previous point about timing mate. What you want a mea culpa? Xxxx
  • He has a 300k release clause according to Twitter, could be bollocks though 
  • Lyle or Loanees? 

What do we need more?
  • edited August 2019
    Got Coventry ST holders as friends they speak really highly of Clarke-Harris and from what I’ve seen of him he’s a right handful, like for like with Taylor which obviously rings alarm bells..

Doncaster Twitter sound like JCH is going to them though.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    All those slagging off Dijksteel... He's steadily improved since he broke into the team and will continue to do so. He's a good signing for any championship club.
    He was at one. Could of continued to improve but went for the money. Don't dress it up as anything else. Understandable on his part but from our perspective unhelpful. Not having the nuts to say tata before you get your picture taken poor. (See Lockyer for how to leave a club). 
    Pretty sure he can improve ok at Boro, a team who were in the Premier League, what, three years ago? Boro have excellent training facilities and the means to push for promotion. He's hardly left just for the money. The idea that players have to do some kind of massive public mea culpa for daring to move jobs is just insane.
    Mea culpa? Just say thanks yourself for the opportunity provided and move on. Do it yourself not via a scripted club statement. Get your timing right and do well in your new job. My lad’s got Konsa shirt framed in his room from Bradford away. Never an issue with young players making progress. 
    The fact RD is squandering our opportunity to do well this season for his own perverse ends is the cancer. Players moving and being glad to do so the outward symptoms of our demise. 

So, like this?

Yes mate just like that.
    So we'll just agree that you saying 'Not having the nuts to say tata before you get your picture taken poor. (See Lockyer for how to leave a club)' hasn't aged well then.
    So you want him to announce that he's left the club to fans before it's officially announced that he's joined his new club? Lockyer announced that he was leaving Bristol Rovers at the expiration of the contract in two days. I'm pretty sure footballers aren't going to start announcing their transfer moves before the new club are ready to do so.

And yes, yes I do. I can't get to Makros car park today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Got Coventry ST holders as friends they speak really highly of Clarke-Harris and from what I’ve seen of him he’s a right handful, like for like with Taylor which obviously rings alarm bells..
    I thought Clarke-Harris was more a Grant replacement, bit of pace about him
  • Got Coventry ST holders as friends they speak really highly of Clarke-Harris and from what I’ve seen of him he’s a right handful, like for like with Taylor which obviously rings alarm bells..

Why aren't they going for him then? I have a feeling he would be a very good signing if we could get him
  • edited August 2019
    Charlton probably held the better hand in getting Afernee to sign but because we’re paying relative peanuts we lost the advantage of him being settled and liking CAFC. The reason he’s gone is our fault not his. Any sensible player would do exactly the same. Good luck AD. We move on to the next debacle.
    Just because other clubs are willing to pay more wages it doesn't automatically mean that we should follow. I'm not saying I agree with Roland's budget for us, but every club has to have some sort of financial limit, as if you don't you end up like Bolton or Bury

AD was probably on about £1000 a week at The Valley. A Championship full back should expect at least £7 -10 k per week. No idea what he’s moved onto at Boro but I can’t help feeling that if we’d offered him even close to the going rate then he might have stayed. 
    £200k PA I was told was his Charlton salary.
  • edited August 2019
    Got Coventry ST holders as friends they speak really highly of Clarke-Harris and from what I’ve seen of him he’s a right handful, like for like with Taylor which obviously rings alarm bells..
    I thought Clarke-Harris was more a Grant replacement, bit of pace about him
    He has a yard of pace yes but strength and hold up play he has lots of, a complete forward which is kind of what Taylor is.  But you’d be happy with two Taylor’s up front surely.
  • cafctom said:

Congratulations this thread has now hit 1 million views, that's a lot of time being wasted about potential rumours and just general no substance chat

Here is to the next million!

Crazy amount of views, got to be a record surely?

The Takeover thread has 6.7 million.....

I don't frequent that one, I stopped after about 2k posts when it became a viscous circle, I try to avoid this one early doors but you do get the odd snippet eg. @redhenry
  • Thank goodness we were promoted...

May 26th

Lee Bowyer recognises Charlton need to win Sunday's League One play-off final against Sunderland if the Addicks squad is to stand any chance of not 'crumbling'.

IF we'd lost the 'crumbling' would have been of 'California tumbles into the sea' proportions, this season's crumblings by comparison are a series of small landslides
  • He talks a lot of sense but I do find him incredibly irritating  
    Me too but I would give my left nut for him to be our owner instead of the parasite 
  • Any actual incoming rumours ? 
  • CafcCrazy said:
    Any actual incoming rumours ? 
    like Manuel .. we knows nothing
  • Sponsored links:

• Brazil nut
  • Dazzler21 said:

So, like this?

Yes mate just like that.
    So you want him to announce that he's left the club to fans before it's officially announced that he's joined his new club? Lockyer announced that he was leaving Bristol Rovers at the expiration of the contract in two days. I'm pretty sure footballers aren't going to start announcing their transfer moves before the new club are ready to do so.

And yes, yes I do. I can't get to Makros car park today.
    No prob kid see you at Barnsley.  I’ll be the one in a toga. Veni vidi vici
  • Think of players chronically injured, made of glass and above all cheap.

The question is are there as many as five like that?
  • Melrose said:

Why aren't they going for him then? I have a feeling he would be a very good signing if we could get him
    He was there start of last season, moved rovers in jan.
  • Just to clear up the part of the English language that some seem to have missed (i didn't make the rules).

If a player moves clubs he goes to that club. He certainly doesn't go that club.

For example...Dijksteel has gone to Middlesbrough. He hasn't gone Middlesbrough.

Taylor might well go to Brentford. He definitely won't go Brentford.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhhhh.
    Surely it would be t’ Middlesbrough and to Brentford
  • Charlton probably held the better hand in getting Afernee to sign but because we’re paying relative peanuts we lost the advantage of him being settled and liking CAFC. The reason he’s gone is our fault not his. Any sensible player would do exactly the same. Good luck AD. We move on to the next debacle.
    Just because other clubs are willing to pay more wages it doesn't automatically mean that we should follow. I'm not saying I agree with Roland's budget for us, but every club has to have some sort of financial limit, as if you don't you end up like Bolton or Bury

AD was probably on about £1000 a week at The Valley. A Championship full back should expect at least £7 -10 k per week. No idea what he’s moved onto at Boro but I can’t help feeling that if we’d offered him even close to the going rate then he might have stayed. 
    Which is nearer 4k a week

£200k is still bloody good money anyway, massively more than 99% of us will ever earn, especially for someone at the start of their career
  • edited August 2019
    Charlton probably held the better hand in getting Afernee to sign but because we’re paying relative peanuts we lost the advantage of him being settled and liking CAFC. The reason he’s gone is our fault not his. Any sensible player would do exactly the same. Good luck AD. We move on to the next debacle.

Which is nearer 4k a week

£200k is still bloody good money anyway, massively more than 99% of us will ever earn, especially for someone at the start of their career
    Admin don't get out of bed for that. Even the junior @Iborg is on more to  turn the server on and off. 
  • I guess Oztumer is dead in the water?

He looked a good player, shame.
  • Just to clear up the part of the English language that some seem to have missed (i didn't make the rules).

If a player moves clubs he goes to that club. He certainly doesn't go that club.

For example...Dijksteel has gone to Middlesbrough. He hasn't gone Middlesbrough.

Taylor might well go to Brentford. He definitely won't go Brentford.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhhhh.
    Surely it would be t’ Middlesbrough and to Brentford
    t't is slightly more accurate .. e.g. took rhubarb t't market .. the second t is almost subliminal