Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• What’s the most signings we’ve every made in one day? Surely we’ll eclipse it if we get 4/5 in over the next 29 hours 
  • Might be a few mutual contract cancellation by PL and Championship sides tomorrow before the deadline to enable them players to move on a free 
  • What the feck has Harriet got to think about ? He’s got no club and there’s hardly a queue forming for his services is there ? If he’s not decided by 17:00 this evening then I hope we withdraw the offer and try to use the money tomorrow. 
    Harriot is a free agent. He can be signed after tomorrow's deadline. 
  • RedManS said:
    What the feck has Harriet got to think about ? He’s got no club and there’s hardly a queue forming for his services is there ? If he’s not decided by 17:00 this evening then I hope we withdraw the offer and try to use the money tomorrow. 
    I thought we were supposed to have offered him a years contract ?
  • I can't imagine LB would say "... was a decision made by the footballing staff, it was a tough decision for us but it is a good deal for the club..." just for PR purposes, but after the last couple of transfer windows, he must have grave doubts that the requisite number of signings will actually be sanctioned, even just to maintain the headcount, let alone make any tangible improvement of any kind.
    Right-back apparently not regarded as being a critical area, really?  First choice rb now has dodgy knees, can't play 2 games a week, averages 30 odd appearances per season the last 3 years - that's just 2/3 of the league season alone.  Who is he counting on to be the replacement AD, cos he ain't gonna by signing a new one?
    The twunt is a proven liar.  The twunt is milking the cash out of the team as fast as he can.
    "CAFC turns down reported £2-3M for the club's leading (only remaining) goalscorer"  sounds very familiar...  The twunt allegedly turned down offers for AD last week then sold him on Monday.
    The twunt knows nothing and cares less about we fans' views and emotions around CAFC.  Somebody at CAFC has an idea, or why else was the AD deal suppressed 48 hours from the OS?
    When the squad for the Stoke game is revealed any remaining doubters about the 
    crimes of the thundertwunt should have a moment of clarity and the atmosphere will change, permanently this time.
    Here's hoping the loathsome old tumor gets a papercut counting this week's millions of €uros and contracts something hideously painful, virulent and fast acting.

The rose-tinted 2% within me is clinging to the possibility that hell has frozen over, Satan is nursing frostbite and the twunt has actually sanctioned the arrival of more than Calamity Harriet and a couple of free agents on 6 month deals.  I'd be ecstatic to be wrong...
  • RedManS said:
    What the feck has Harriet got to think about ? He’s got no club and there’s hardly a queue forming for his services is there ? If he’s not decided by 17:00 this evening then I hope we withdraw the offer and try to use the money tomorrow. 

In either case though he can sign it at any point after tomorrow's deadline if it comes to that.
  • RedManS said:
    oh i've not heard anything regarding a contract. But if he is thinking about it, i agree with you & it should be ripped up. 
  • RedManS said:
    RedManS said:
    oh i've not heard anything regarding a contract. But if he is thinking about it, i agree with you & it should be ripped up. 
    He has interest from Ipswitch as well
  • thenewbie said:
    RedManS said:

In either case though he can sign it at any point after tomorrow's deadline if it comes to that.
    RedManS said:
    RedManS said:
    deluded little berk will be lucky to get a contract at Bromley or Ebbsfleet, where maybe he'd make £1000/week, if CAFC's offer is better than that and he's demurring, he's out of his box.

• RedManS said:
    RedManS said:

I'm sure he would fit right in, 4foot tall & 6 toes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• RedManS said:
    RedManS said:
    Think he would be outstanding in L1.

Not sure about the Championship . 
  • Harriott will obviously have interest from L1 clubs who can offer him longer contracts on similar money, with more game time. Definitely not a foregone conclusion, although I suspect we will sign him.
  • bobmunro said:
    thenewbie said:
    I'm guessing 41.674%. Because why not.

I believe you are slightly out there - another couple of decimal places needed for complete accuracy.
    Calculating odds like that mate, you should work for a bookies!!!  ;-)
  • edited August 2019
    Don't suppose we'll get anything out of Jenkinson's move to Forest, will we? 

I mean, he's got an England cap and we let him go for £1m. 
  • Also hearing Diangana might be going on loan to West Brom which will hopefully allow Field to leave 
  • Peter O’Rourke worked for Sky Sports so he does have contacts.
  • Peter O’Rourke worked for Sky Sports so he does have contacts.
    Fingers and toes crossed......
  • Yes please 
  • Sponsored links:

• I have two questions. Trying not to crush anyone's hopes but...

Are we even linked with any moves?

On Dijksteel's move freeing up money for transfers. When has this ever worked out for us before under Roland?
  • Absolutely huge if this happens 
  • Vincenzo said:
    Don't suppose we'll get anything out of Jenkinson's move to Forest, will we? 
    'We', nor LB's budget won't, for sure.
    Got a nasty feeling the twunt might enjoy a windfall.
    Deal done by a proper Chief Executive and to quote"...Carl's...made clear from the start that he wanted the club that produced and nurtured him to benefit from the deal in the right way and not by having to rely on compensation rights..."
    Of course the spivs had their fingers in the pie since then, what chance they took an early bath on that one to land talent like Spongefoot Church or similar?
  • The one positive is that I doubt Bowyer will let Morgan or Lapslie go unless we sign midfielders.

So at least unlike previous seasons we have the numbers, just maybe not the quality. Ideally we will have 2 new to go with Pratley, Williams, Gallagher, Aneke, Morgan and JFC fighting for 4 spots, which isn’t great but not terrible IMO. 
  • Cullen coming in would be huge. 
  • Would be happy with Cullen, Field and Parrott on loan plus Harriott and a back up RB on frees.
    Would like another striker on top of that, Bonne and Parrott are huge risks. 
  • Would be happy with Cullen, Field and Parrott on loan plus Harriott and a back up RB on frees.
    Would like another striker on top of that, Bonne and Parrott are huge risks. 
    Aneke can play up top, so can Harriott
  • Hopefully Josh Cullen , also along Troy Parrott ( which I was the first to post on Monday morning )  i am hearing Smith-Rowe from Arsenal is a possible loanee. Arsenal keen to develop another young player with us this season. 
    I’d love it but I doubt it. Arsenal already value him at something stupid like 20 million and Leipzig are huge admirers.