Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Nice scoop. :-)

From the sounds of the article, it would be a perm deal?
  • Wow! Please, please be true. Honestly wasn't expecting there to be a possibility of him returning at all over the last week or so.
  • Hopefully Josh Cullen , also along Troy Parrott ( which I was the first to post on Monday morning )  i am hearing Smith-Rowe from Arsenal is a possible loanee. Arsenal keen to develop another young player with us this season. 
    Smith-Rowe is absolutely class. Can’t see that happening with Leipzig etc after him.
  • Peter O'Rouke now reporting it

I thought that too, but at the bottom of the article is says he's still highly regarded so would be a loan again.
  • Good thing is Bowyer doesn’t seem to be panicking. He knows who he wants on loan and I back him and Gallen to get them.
  • The Sun now reporting about Cullen
  • Would be great to see Cullen back on loan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hopefully Josh Cullen , also along Troy Parrott ( which I was the first to post on Monday morning )  i am hearing Smith-Rowe from Arsenal is a possible loanee. Arsenal keen to develop another young player with us this season. 
    I'd heard the same about Smith-Rowe a couple of weeks back (around time of the Gills friendly), but it was very heavily qualified with "might move to Germany/other Champ interest/LB has other targets", and now the Dayot Upamecano thing has come round, probably that too.

Smith-Rowe strikes me as being very unlikely, but it's not something that's complete rubbish, I don't think.
  • If Cullen returned for a year it would mitigate some of the effect of the AD disappointment.
    It is quite conceivable that you could have Lockyer on the right side of a three backing up Solly, or Solly on the right side backing up Wiredu, or Lockyer backing up Wiredu.
    What I wouldn't have myself is Wiredu as a mainstay on the right side of defence.
    This is an area of concern without AD, but it is not insoluble.
    The midfield and very especially up front is a huge area of weakness that Cullen would help massively with.
    Absolutely clearly need a striker or preferably two, if two I wouldn't fall down weeping if one of them was Magennis.

The benefits of Tweetdeck.......
  • Excellent news if true about Cullen. If we can sign 1 or 2 more and keep Lyle things don't look too bad.
  • Wonder how much of the Dijksteel money will be going towards Cullen's loan fee. 
  • Would be happy with Cullen, Field and Parrott on loan plus Harriott and a back up RB on frees.
    Would like another striker on top of that, Bonne and Parrott are huge risks. 
    Aneke can play up top, so can Harriott
    I can play up front.  We need someone good and proven. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cullen could make a big difference in a relegation battle
  • if you're looking for decent Rumours .. try the 'Fleetwood Mac' album
  • Cullen would be best signing of the window
  • Aren’t all of the newspaper reports just rehashing the ‘football insider’ article?
  • Under 26 hours to go, would be amazing if we can get Cullen
  • Laddick01 said:
    Pratley/Cullen/Gallagher could be a tidy diamond with Williams sitting at the top.
    If we get someone to play up front with Taylor then you also have to factor in Forster-Caskey and Aneke