Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• so incoming rumours so far.

Parrott - Forward - Spurs 
    Field - Midfield - WBA
    Harriott - Offered 1 year deal he is considering 
    Clarke Harris - B Rovers
    Tooney - Pbrough

Anymore? 

Is he Wayne and Ivan’s love child?
  • Melrose said:
    Got Coventry ST holders as friends they speak really highly of Clarke-Harris and from what I’ve seen of him he’s a right handful, like for like with Taylor which obviously rings alarm bells..

Why aren't they going for him then? I have a feeling he would be a very good signing if we could get him
    He was there start of last season, moved rovers in jan.

Cheers Deflected. Didn't know that. Seems CC season ticket holders were keener on him than their management/coach then!

Field - Midfield - WBA
    Clarke Harris - B Rovers
    Tooney - Pbrough

Anymore? 

Lost on me. 

Field - Midfield - WBA
    Clarke Harris - B Rovers
    Toney - Pbrough

Anymore? 

I mean... That is 5 players..
  • No way AD was on 4k a week when he signed his last contract, we barely offer money like that to our best players , let alone a youngster who was on the fringes of the squad.
  • I guess Oztumer is dead in the water?

He looked a good player, shame.
    Did he fall in the boating lake at Greenwich Park?
    chasing a butterfly. 

Blackheath pond ? 
  • Charlton probably held the better hand in getting Afernee to sign but because we’re paying relative peanuts we lost the advantage of him being settled and liking CAFC. The reason he’s gone is our fault not his. Any sensible player would do exactly the same. Good luck AD. We move on to the next debacle.
    Just because other clubs are willing to pay more wages it doesn't automatically mean that we should follow. I'm not saying I agree with Roland's budget for us, but every club has to have some sort of financial limit, as if you don't you end up like Bolton or Bury

AD was probably on about £1000 a week at The Valley. A Championship full back should expect at least £7 -10 k per week. No idea what he’s moved onto at Boro but I can’t help feeling that if we’d offered him even close to the going rate then he might have stayed. 
    £200k PA I was told was his Charlton salary.
    Doesn't really tie up with @Redhenry's "buttons".

Did he fall in the boating lake at Greenwich Park?

He's still at Bolton so maybe he got caught up in Whaley Bridge... that's not too far from there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton probably held the better hand in getting Afernee to sign but because we’re paying relative peanuts we lost the advantage of him being settled and liking CAFC. The reason he’s gone is our fault not his. Any sensible player would do exactly the same. Good luck AD. We move on to the next debacle.
    Just because other clubs are willing to pay more wages it doesn't automatically mean that we should follow. I'm not saying I agree with Roland's budget for us, but every club has to have some sort of financial limit, as if you don't you end up like Bolton or Bury

AD was probably on about £1000 a week at The Valley. A Championship full back should expect at least £7 -10 k per week. No idea what he’s moved onto at Boro but I can’t help feeling that if we’d offered him even close to the going rate then he might have stayed. 
    Which is nearer 4k a week

£200k is still bloody good money anyway, massively more than 99% of us will ever earn, especially for someone at the start of their career
    £4K is good for 99.9% of the population but it’s not great for a Championship footballer. He deserves whatever “football” is willing to pay him.

Field - Midfield - WBA
    Clarke Harris - B Rovers
    Tooney - Pbrough

Anymore? 

Lost on me. 
    Rooney + Toney = Tooney.

£200k is still bloody good money anyway, massively more than 99% of us will ever earn, especially for someone at the start of their career
    200k may have been his new offer.
  • Can’t see Bow going in for Mavididi again. 

hope so - had bags of talent, would be a real asset

RIP Erhan!

I'd say "gone too soon", but you never actually arrived!!  
  • DOUCHER said:
    Can’t see Bow going in for Mavididi again. 

hope so - had bags of talent, would be a real asset

Unfortunately he had bags for hamstrings, the sort of shopping bags that would have torn apart before you'd even got back to the car.

£4K is good for 99.9% of the population but it’s not great for a Championship footballer. He deserves whatever “football” is willing to pay him.
    Would you say the same about City bankers or CEOs?

"The CEO of Barclays earns £3m therefore I also deserve £3m to be CEO of RBS?"
  • Sponsored links:

• I can never get my head around the football fan mentality of "players should be loyal and stay at Charlton" why? Very few of them will have grown up supporting Charlton, their careers are incredibly short so if a team comes in and offers you double or triple the wages for the last few years of your career why on earth would you turn it down? We also quickly forget that mentality when we release players who are deemed not good enough.
    us football fans are a weird bunch. we are so emotionally invested in Charlton and just don't get why others are not i suppose. 
  • Is all this talk about AD was on this, offered that, more than we pay for our best players and so on.

Does anyone really know, apart from the payroll guy at the club, what any of the players are contracted with?

There is a general view that if you are a professional footballer then you are earning millions a year. This is not the case, even in the Prem. High profile big stars yes, but for every £100k+ pw player there is a player earning £5k pw - yes in the Prem.  

• PaddyP17 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Charlton probably held the better hand in getting Afernee to sign but because we’re paying relative peanuts we lost the advantage of him being settled and liking CAFC. The reason he’s gone is our fault not his. Any sensible player would do exactly the same. Good luck AD. We move on to the next debacle.

200k may have been his new offer.
    A birdie has told me this is the case. His wage wasn't anywhere near this - would have made him one of our highest-paid players. I think he was on somewhere between 50-100k p/a and Boro are paying him around 500k p/a.
    Pretty much this, from a good source.

£200K a year is loads, but £200K a year for a short number of years doesnt work out loads more than what we will all earn after doing out jobs for 40+ years. They have a very finite amount of time to earn as much as they can in their profession.

Field - Midfield - WBA
    Clarke Harris - B Rovers
    Tooney - Pbrough

Anymore? 

Lost on me. 
    Rooney + Toney = Tooney.

x m = Tommy..... Oh Tommy Tommy, 

£200K a year is loads, but £200K a year for a short number of years doesnt work out loads more than what we will all earn after doing out jobs for 40+ years. They have a very finite amount of time to earn as much as they can in their profession.
    They can get another job afterwards, it's not as if they are on the dole for 30 years
    But why would they if they can earn enough in their footballing career to not need to work afterwards?
  • Without reading through 6 pages are we close to signing anyone?

Any idea how much of the Dijksteel money is Bowyer is supposed to be getting?