Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• cfgs said:
    We are either making bids for Toney as a LT replacement thinking we can use some of the money from his sale, not realising their chairman strikes a hard bargain unlike our owner. Or we knew it would get out and it will be look at what we tried to do, knowing it would fail.
    Definitely a replacement IMO, and Toney another unproven at Championship level.
  • Sounds like it'll be Solly / Oshilaja at Right Back then

In Bowyer we trust!!
    Oh Deji canplay at RB. Well that leaves us needing maybe that extra holding midfield.
    Depends

If Solly starts at Right Back with Pratley as holding midfielder (like what we saw against Blackburn) then Oshilaja can be kept back on the bench to cover three positions if needed

Only risk is if he comes on due to a Solly injury and then we lose Pratley, I reckon there is more chance of us signing midfield cover by tomorrow than another right back
    Are we no forgetting Wierdu? if we are playing 5 at the back regularly and as he was the breakthrough of preseason, he may feature as a wing back.
    Wiredu will no doubt go on loan as per what Bowyer said about a week ago - Dont forget though that the loan window for L1 and L2 wont close until 31st August

Means that he can play against Forest Green in the cup next Tuesday for us - Gives Bowyer a chance to see if he can hack it against League opposition (similar to when he played Taylor Maloney in the FA Cup last season), reckon if he impresses then there is the potential he'll be kept here. If any doubts we can loan him out for the season with an option to recall in January
  • Did we play 5 at the back on Saturday due to our lack of midfielders? Going forward, with bodies in, we may revert to a back 4.
  • Think we need to judge all of this at a minute past 5 tomorrow - Thursday 8th.
  • Cawley saying premier league clubs have until the end of the month to loan league one clubs. Didn't realise that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• West Ham mate reckons if they sign some fella off Basel then it’s unlikely Cullen will make their squad. Could mean good news for us. 
    I hope you're right. But it's getting a bit late in the day to get him back now. 
  • It sounds from  Cawley's tweet like Bowyer has been given assurances  & believes that he can reinvest the money into signings.

I think he'll be disappointed 
    If Bowyer believes that, he will believe anything. 
    After the Murray interview, LT not leaving (yet) and now LB saying this, maybe there will be a tiny bit to spend in one way of another? As Cawley says, proof is in the pudding 
  • Ross said:
    Did we play 5 at the back on Saturday due to our lack of midfielders? Going forward, with bodies in, we may revert to a back 4.
    Especially as Sarr does seem to struggle in a back 3 rather than a back 4
  • Solly ?
    Reckon this sale will see us switch to a back four with solly at RB and wiredu as his back up. Means we are even more reliant on getting some quality midfielders and forwards in.
  • It would be insanely stupid for Charlton, in its current situation, to waste a penny on any transfer fees. There is absolutely no reason to with the out of contract and Loan players available.
    That’s on the whole true but getting in a decent striker on a free is difficult because of the budget restraints on wages. Loans are generally PL youngsters which is more of a gamble. 
  • sam3110 said:
    Nothing to do with a footballing decision, it was his agent wanting to earn a pound note. The boy would have been better staying in London near his family and signing a new contract, move in a couple of years rather than stuck up in that pit of place in which he wont be guaranteed first team football, once again totally misguided by the greed of football agents. 
    He's going there as Woodgate's first choice, and that's his words not mine
    Woodgate played a Midfielder at RB against Luton

Do they even have another choice at that position?
    I've been speaking to a Middlesbrough fan about Dijksteel today and Anfernee is now basically all they've got. Jonny Howson has been playing there recently which isn't great so there's not any competition at RB. Makes you wonder why it took them so long to make a proper bid. Would have helped us out as well as we might have been able to bring some players in earlier if the money's being used.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    cafctom said:
    Lot of people on social media seem to be calling AD all sorts of things , saying he’s no great loss, he’s greedy etc. Really not sure why he’s getting such treatment to be honest.

Ultimately he is one of our Wembley heroes and deserves at least a pat on the back for that. Doesn’t sound like he forced the move, didn’t stop training and playing for us, it was a decision the club wanted to make and it just happened to be a great opportunity for him.

Good luck I say 
    cafctom said:
    Lot of people on social media seem to be calling AD all sorts of things , saying he’s no great loss, he’s greedy etc. Really not sure why he’s getting such treatment to be honest.

Ultimately he is one of our Wembley heroes and deserves at least a pat on the back for that. Doesn’t sound like he forced the move, didn’t stop training and playing for us, it was a decision the club wanted to make and it just happened to be a great opportunity for him.

Good luck I say 

BUT never when he plays against us .. I'll be up there for our game hoping he falls flat on both arse and face
  • Talal said:
    Cawley saying premier league clubs have until the end of the month to loan league one clubs. Didn't realise that. 
    That applies to Championship clubs as well, i.e. we can still loan OUT players until the end of the month, but not IN

Depending on what the squad looks like after Thursday, the likes of Morgan or Wiredu may be loaned out, but we've got the whole month to decide
  • IF lee gets the money then great, Don't forget Taylor may be wanting more money - which he is entitled to from a players point of view he knows his worth and that we cant afford to let him go. 

djiksteel goes and we get 5 in - of decent enough quality 

ill be happy with that
  • Sorry to lose AD - has the potential to be a very good player. Transfer fee seems poor as ever.
  • Not looking good for us keeping Lyle, he is being offered silly money. :(
  • Not looking good for us keeping Lyle, he is being offered silly money. :(
    Those clubs still have to offer a fee thats got to be accepted by the club though - If Bowyer is being honest about not being fussed about letting Dijksteel go because it was a footballing decision then Id imagine its the same with Taylor
  • cafctom said:

Good luck I say 
    Good luck to AD - I wish him well. Sadly not surprised a minority of keyboard warriors will give him stick - a very sad bunch.
    Just fickle football fans, as they tend to be the World over.

Good luck AD
  • If we sell Taylor for £3m, i'd wager the value of the club will go down by at least £8-10m. And it wasn't worth much to begin with....