Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Customary Moult video... Sits back and waits for the: "Bit similar to Lyle, must be his replacement" comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf1gQkya4CI
    Moults a better finisher! Waits for the pelters!
  • Ferryman said:
    Sadio Berahino just got released
    Does he still have to wear a tag ?
  • Ferryman said:
    Sadio Berahino just got released
    'Released'?

OK ;-)
  • RedChaser said:
    You been on your sherry again Harveys?  🍷 ;)
    Ah I see
  • Sage said:
    Lots of people only mentioning one striker when they’re listing players. I think we really need two to come through the door tomorrow.

Aneke can play up front but he is brought to be an attacking midfielder. It means that Aneke and Williams can alternate as well as allowing Williams to drop back into one of the central midfield spots of the diamond if Bowyer wanted to.

I can understand and agree we need another right back now, but before Dijksteel left, we still needed 5. Three midfielders and two strikers.

Cullen is here now so I’m hoping for both Field and Kane to come in as well as a couple of strikers. Maybe Moult and Taylor. If not, a couple of other ones.

We can’t go into the rest of the season with just Taylor, Bonne, and one other. Not when Bonne isn’t ready and Aneke isn’t predominantly a striker. Two is needed.
    Agreed, it's up front where we are desperately weak. Even if Aneke plays as one of the two, we still need 2 more as Bonne is one for the future rather than someone who is ready now.
  • Berahino's probably parked near White Hart Lane. Just in case. 
  • Berahino's probably parked near White Hart Lane. Just in case. 
    So we can get Kane on loan?  See all the CARDS are falling into place. 
  • Harvey's gardener I'll have some of what you've been on mate! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Bailey said:
    From what I have heard the Dijksteel deal has freed up our loan options in terms of what we can offer and the add-ons are better than the Lookman deal. Old yellah teeth will be happy.
    Any idea who is doing our negotiating on add-ons etc? I have heard two versions and not sure i believe either
  • Taylor and Clarke Harris would be awesome as our two new strikers.
  • We cannot sign both Parrott and Moult. The feathers would really fly!
    Moult's stars arent very impressive. Only time he scored any goals it was in non-league or for Motherwell. Not the quick, nippy striker we need either. Looks more of a replacement for Taylor ...
    Hhhmmm ..... If you want to use stats, of the 15 clubs Lyle has turned out for, he’s only had a noteworthy goal return at Falkirk in the Scottish first division, Wimbledon (2 out of 3 seasons) and us. He flopped at a number of clubs and is clearly a player that thrives or wilts depending upon the environment around him.

Louis Moult is of a similar age and a similar history of boom and bust form. He couldn’t transition from prolific youth to first team player. He averaged just under a goal every second game in a ropey bottom half Motherwell team for 2.5 consecutive seasons and scored more goals in all competitions vs the old firm than any other player in Scotland during his 2 full seasons there?

His assist rate has never been close to Lyles 13 of last season but his goal return pisses all over Lyles record over 2 spells at a similar club (Partick Thistle) at the same level.

Whilst they can both score goals in and outside the box and can strike a free kick, they’re different types of player. They both thrive as a front 2 and would complement each other’s style of play.

• Jolly nice of you Richard 
  • Herbie? Can't we get Harry? Doesn't hé know that now we've got Lee Bowyer.
  • Spirits > 
    Moult Whiskey?
  • Sponsored links:

• Spirits > 
    Moult Whiskey?
    Good call 
  • OK guys perhaps Toure's a step too far but I'd like to see him training with 1st team with a view to early exposure in cups. But worried that we are content with two under 6 ft RCHs. Perry was 20 years ago. Division has moved on since we were last here.
  • The bonus is the fact that we're at least hearing names now!!
    You wally!You really are a dick! 
  • David GINola?
  • Sage said:
    Bailey said:
    From what I have heard the Dijksteel deal has freed up our loan options in terms of what we can offer and the add-ons are better than the Lookman deal. Old yellah teeth will be happy.
    Any idea who is doing our negotiating on add-ons etc? I have heard two versions and not sure i believe either
    Educated guess would say Gallen is not only our Head of Recruitment, but is essentially our acting CEO. He is the one who goes to and from RD. Gallen negotiates the deals.
    That’s not saying he is to blame for the low prices we sell our players for. That’s RD’s fault. Gallen is the one who would negotiate add-ons and deals for potential new players. He then would go back to RD and await approval. In the meantime, RD probably gives his secret son, Thomas, a call to ensure that he has checked his stats on FM.
  • I'd be delighted with a RB, Kane or Field, Moult or Parrott & Harriott