Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Funny that yesterday loads of people piped up saying that Lyle was apparently travelling to Brentford until it was debunked, and now we've got people popping up saying he missed training today (and then it's switched to yesterday when it became clear there was no training today). How these rumours generate steam I will never know.

Anyway, we need two strikers in. I hope we can get hold of Matty Taylor because I think he's got a point to prove after not getting a proper run at City. I've never heard of Moult and I imagine he was a ways down our list but hopefully he can come in too to add competition. After that we need two more midfielders and a RB and we just might live
    Get Parrott in keep Lyle and I'm down the bookies for autos. Although worried no BFG replacement. Toure from U16s?
    Toure is 15, nowhere near ready.
    Played in 15yo tourney, likely 16. Doubt he will get bullied by the bluntest no 9. Get him on the bench. Konch barely 16 when debut"d in Prem.
    He's definitely 15. Being big doesn't mean he can handle an experienced physical striker. I saw him v Eastbourne Town and he misplaced several passes. Let him develop in the academy, even Gomez wasn't seen as ready at 15.
  • Prefer Morgan to Kane (never seen latter play) we are sorted mf need two strikers, RB, RCB.
    I think Kane had a brilliant season and I still think we are one light in midfield. Agree about 2 strikers and I assume you mean 1 defender and not 2?
    Replacement for Djiksteel & BFG. Not sure the two L1 under six footers are up to either. Squadies but remain to be proved wrong.
  • Prefer Morgan to Kane (never seen latter play) we are sorted mf need two strikers, RB, RCB.
    I think Kane had a brilliant season and I still think we are one light in midfield. Agree about 2 strikers and I assume you mean 1 defender and not 2?
    Replacement for Djiksteel & BFG. Not sure the two L1 under six footers are up to either. Squadies but remain to be proved wrong.
    We've signed two right sides centre backs. It's really not a priority when we only have Taylor and Bonne up front and one right back. 
  • I've never seen Sam Field play, is he any good?
    Are u trying for a whoosh, Lockyer is still the replacement for BFG
  • Would be delighted with Sam Field
  • edited August 2019
    Field is class, surprised he’s not playing for WBA
  • Delia Smith- Season long Loan
  • What type of midfielder is Field?
  • Sponsored links:

• Would be delighted with Sam Field
    Can someone more knowledgeable than me tell me why he looked to be starting to make an impact on their first team in the premier league and then last year only played 10 games in the championship? 
  • Not sure we need both Kane and Field, strikers are far more of a gap now in the squad, now we have Williams, Gallagher and Cullen (plus Pratley) with Aneke more of an attacking midfielder behind 2 strikers than a striker really
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Would be delighted with Sam Field
    Can someone more knowledgeable than me tell me why he looked to be starting to make an impact on their first team in the premier league and then last year only played 10 games in the championship? 
    Probably because their manager was under pressure to either stay up in Prem or get promoted from the Championship.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not sure we need both Kane and Field, strikers are far more of a gap now in the squad, now we have Williams, Gallagher and Cullen (plus Pratley) with Aneke more of an attacking midfielder behind 2 strikers than a striker really
    Kane and Field will allow both Lapslie and Morgan to head out on loan themselves

Would be better than bit parts roles that they'll surely get even now
  • 2 in every position aim (not including Morgan or Lapslie because Bowyer doesn’t think they’re ready).

GK: Phillips, Amos
    RB: [loanee/free], Solly
    RCB: Lockyer, Oshilaja
    LCB: Pearce, Sarr
    CDM: Cullen, Pratley
    CM: Gallagher, JFC
    CM: Williams, [loanee/free]
    CAM: Aneke, [loanee/free]
    ST: Taylor, [loanee/free]
    ST: [loanee/free], Bonne
    Harriott to be the one alongside Bonne in that second Striker role I reckon, especially if we have offered him something
    Kane and Field will allow both Lapslie and Morgan to head out on loan themselves

Would be better than bit parts roles that they'll surely get even now
    Exactly, go for both and if only one comes off we have the benefit of Lapslie and Morgan still being here. 
    I think Bowyer could cover himself. We could sign 2 midfielders and then if we don’t get 2 strikers keep Morgan and allow Aneke to cover up front. 
  • You been on your sherry again Harveys?  🍷 ;)
    Probably a case of one or the other. Be nice to have both and loan Lapslie and Morgan out.
  • To summarise the last few 100 pages we are signing Kane, a striker from spurs, on loan? 

I come on Charlton Life to forget about my "real" life.  All the bed wetting, unnecessary shitting of one's self, the premiture ejaculation and mood swings just remind me of my real life!!!

P.s one of the commas in the first sentence was ment to be an and but I am so confused I can't remember which.