Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• 2 in every position aim (not including Morgan or Lapslie because Bowyer doesn’t think they’re ready).

GK: Phillips, Amos
    RB: [loanee/free], Solly
    RCB: Lockyer, Oshilaja
    LCB: Pearce, Sarr
    CDM: Cullen, Pratley
    CM: Gallagher, JFC
    CM: Williams, [loanee/free]
    CAM: Aneke, [loanee/free]
    ST: Taylor, [loanee/free]
    ST: [loanee/free], Bonne
    Harriott to be the one alongside Bonne in that second Striker role I reckon, especially if we have offered him something
    I would go for Vincent-Young, Sam Field, Herbie Kane, Nahki Wells and Callum Harriott
  • Delighted with Cullen but worried that we are such a small team.
  • 2 in every position aim (not including Morgan or Lapslie because Bowyer doesn’t think they’re ready).

Harriott to be the one alongside Bonne in that second Striker role I reckon, especially if we have offered him something
    Yep I think Harriott, Wiredu and Morgan cover 3 of those, we will sign another midfielder and striker. 

Harriot will be a CAM imo 2 strikers, rb and cm to come, I had heard we had as many as 3 deals close yesterday, cullen was not one of them
  • Wow. What I’ve just read about Cullen is up there with the biggest nonsense ever posted on the internet - he’s an absolute Rolls Royce of a midfielder, even Bowyer said himself that Cullen is better than he was at 23
    Post of the year - Better than Bowyer at 23?! Oh please, ever heard of blowing smoke up someone’s arse. Don’t tell me you think non competitive sport at school is a  good thing!! He’s so rolls Royce the rolls Royce league of the world thinks he’s clearly more Leyland Daff. 
    Carry on Biting? Could catch on!? 
    Bowyer said it, not me. Listen mate, if Bowyer and Gallen think he’s good enough for the Championship (as well as everyone else apart from you), then maybe he’s good enough for the championship aye? 
    He’s also the best midfielder we have...
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    To summarise the last few 100 pages we are signing Kane, a striker from spurs, on loan? 

I come on Charlton Life to forget about my "real" life.  All the bed wetting, unnecessary shitting of one's self, the premiture ejac

• Delighted with Cullen but worried that we are such a small team.
    Agree .... we could do with a bit of height from a new CM.

Yep I think Harriott, Wiredu and Morgan cover 3 of those, we will sign another midfielder and striker. 
    Nah I'm going for:

Oshilaja to cover both RB and RCB
    Kane or Field to compete with Cullen | Pratley | Gallagher | JFC | Williams
    One Striker on loan
    Harriott to sign after the Weekend

Wiredu and Lapslie OR Morgan to head out on loan come 31st August, unless they've impressed against Forest Green enough to stay

Of course I'm not ITK so could be further from the truth
  • Scoham said:
    Funny that yesterday loads of people piped up saying that Lyle was apparently travelling to Brentford until it was debunked, and now we've got people popping up saying he missed training today (and then it's switched to yesterday when it became clear there was no training today). How these rumours generate steam I will never know.

Anyway, we need two strikers in. I hope we can get hold of Matty Taylor because I think he's got a point to prove after not getting a proper run at City. I've never heard of Moult and I imagine he was a ways down our list but hopefully he can come in too to add competition. After that we need two more midfielders and a RB and we just might live
    Get Parrott in keep Lyle and I'm down the bookies for autos. Although worried no BFG replacement. Toure from U16s?
    Toure is 15, nowhere near ready.
    Played in 15yo tourney, likely 16. Doubt he will get bullied by the bluntest no 9. Get him on the bench. Konch barely 16 when debut"d in Prem.
    Konchesky signed for Charlton as a trainee in August 1997.[6] He became the youngest player to appear in the first team for Charlton (a record later broken by Jonjo Shelvey) when he played against Oxford United in August 1997 at the age of 16 years and 93 days[6][7] but it was not until the 2000–01 season when he made 27 appearances,[6] that he became a regular in the first team
  • Sponsored links:

• Prefer Morgan to Kane (never seen latter play) we are sorted mf need two strikers, RB, RCB.
    I think Kane had a brilliant season and I still think we are one light in midfield. Agree about 2 strikers and I assume you mean 1 defender and not 2?
    Replacement for Djiksteel & BFG. Not sure the two L1 under six footers are up to either. Squadies but remain to be proved wrong.
    Lapslie at RWB, ranking a player you've never seen play, sticking a 15 year old on the bench. You are on a tear today.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    To summarise the last few 100 pages we are signing Kane, a striker from spurs, on loan? 

I come on Charlton Life to forget about my "real" life.  All the bed wetting, unnecessary shitting of one's self, the premiture ejac

Yup its that bad I told Mrs 4ever we had signed Callum Cullen but couldn't remember if it was a loan or a one year contract.  She stopped listening when I started banging on about Josh Harriot. 

You forgot LB position.
    But we are slowly getting there. 

You forgot LB position.
    Also forgot CCB ;-) 
  • Looks like Glenn Whelan is heading to Hearts. 
  • edited August 2019
    2 in every position aim (not including Morgan or Lapslie because Bowyer doesn’t think they’re ready).

LB: Purrington, Page
    Exactly as i see it.  Parrott or Taylor alongside Bonne? Moult or Clarke-Harris alongside Taylor?  Harriot next to Aneke?  Field or Kane next to Williams and Thompson or Young next to Solly.

highlighted in loan, underlined on perm?
  • Not sure we need both Kane and Field, strikers are far more of a gap now in the squad, now we have Williams, Gallagher and Cullen (plus Pratley) with Aneke more of an attacking midfielder behind 2 strikers than a striker really
    Kane and Field will allow both Lapslie and Morgan to head out on loan themselves

Would be better than bit parts roles that they'll surely get even now
    Lapslie is actually a year older than both Kane and Field, he'll be 22 in September. I'd be very surprised if he was loaned out, as that would be a sign that he wasn't good enough, rather than him needing experience

Morgan is different, he's only 19, similarly Wiredu is also only  19
  • Not ITK but i can perhaps see us getting Willock or olayinka from arsenal tomorrow, neither would play. Perhaps olayinka most likely as willock is closer to first team or potentially interesting bundesliga. 

Nah I'm going for:

Oshilaja to cover both RB and RCB
    Kane or Field to compete with Cullen | Pratley | Gallagher | JFC | Williams
    One Striker on loan
    Harriott to sign after the Weekend

Wiredu and Lapslie OR Morgan to head out on loan come 31st August, unless they've impressed against Forest Green enough to stay

Of course I'm not ITK so could be further from the truth
    Nah mostly agree, I think it will be Morgan staying. Those midfielders are fairly similar, I think Morgan is better than Lapslie. 

Think it's craziness not to keep Wiredu. Let him play reserves and provide cover. He's versatile and a decent RWB. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Addick90 said:
    Not ITK but i can perhaps see us getting Willock or olayinka from arsenal tomorrow, neither would play. Perhaps olayinka most likely as willock is closer to first team or potentially interesting bundesliga. 
    We will 100% not be getting Willock

You forgot LB position.
    Cheers mate. Edited
  • Addick90 said:
    Not ITK but i can perhaps see us getting Willock or olayinka from arsenal tomorrow, neither would play. Perhaps olayinka most likely as willock is closer to first team or potentially interesting bundesliga. 
    Willock haha. No chance.
  • Wouldn’t be surprised to see Willock start their first game 
  • edited August 2019
    Prefer Morgan to Kane (never seen latter play) we are sorted mf need two strikers, RB, RCB.
    Sorry, but you prefer Morgan to Kane, but you've never seen Kane play ?
    Yes. Although saw Kane in play-offs now I remember.   Given neither played at this level, or are guaranteed starters (Williams, Cullen, Pratley, Galagher, Aneke, JFC), I'd rather one of our own off the bench than a loanee.

If we got a big RCB,  Lockyer could play there, plus Lapslie, possibly Wiredu later in the year and I think Solly may have to re-invent himself as a mf as he no longer has the attributes for RB at this level. The division is far pacier since we were last here.
  • The bonus is the fact that we're at least hearing names now!!
  • Sadio Berahino just got released
  • I've never seen Sam Field play, is he any good?
    outstanding in his Field of excellence I hear.