Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• No chance we get 5 more in. We have 19 so only 2/3 short (RB and 2 strikers). I’m guessing we will sign a CM, striker and Harriott. 
    I’d be happy with that .
  • We cannot sign both Parrott and Moult. The feathers would really fly!
    Moult's stars arent very impressive. Only time he scored any goals it was in non-league or for Motherwell. Not the quick, nippy striker we need either. Looks more of a replacement for Taylor ...
  • How many loans have we now ? 
  • How many loans have we now ? 
    Two. Gallagher and Cullen. Three more to come we hope.
  • Valley11 said:
    Wonder how far down the striker list Moult was?
    Bottom third probably, hope I'm proved wrong though
    Moult's stars arent very impressive. Only time he scored any goals it was in non-league or for Motherwell. Not the quick, nippy striker we need either. Looks more of a replacement for Taylor ...
    What about backup for Taylor!! - Who comes in if he were injured or suspended like last season!!
  • As I said the other day, don't rule out Herbie Kane. Been told we are still in talks with Liverpool and have given them until 11am in the morning to give us a decision. 
    Would be a great signing to go complete our centre mid options. 
  • Sponsored links:

• As I said the other day, don't rule out Herbie Kane. Been told we are still in talks with Liverpool and have given them until 11am in the morning to give us a decision. 
    Thats good to know... I wrote an early draft this morning of Saturdays match preview that included Cullen | Kane | Matty Taylor | Parrott

Probably wrong on the last two but part of me didnt expect us to sign both Kane and Cullen!!
    Thats good to know... I wrote an early draft this morning of Saturdays match preview that included Cullen | Kane | Matty Taylor | Parrott

Probably wrong on the last two but part of me didnt expect us to sign both Kane and Cullen!!
    I think we are very much in the market for another CM to go with Pratley, Gallagher, JFC, Williams and Cullen. I believe Bowyer is hoping he can let at least one of Morgan or Lapslie go and get some games in League 1. 
  • To Martin afc,I totally agree,I have always thought RD just loves pissing us all off,in fact it is probably his biggest interest in life.
  • Prefer Morgan to Kane (never seen latter play) we are sorted mf need two strikers, RB, RCB.
  • To Exiled Addick,I have been a supporter for far too long to get complacent,but you have to enjoy the good news to compensate for the inevitable kick in the bollocks that may follow.
  • Funny that yesterday loads of people piped up saying that Lyle was apparently travelling to Brentford until it was debunked, and now we've got people popping up saying he missed training today (and then it's switched to yesterday when it became clear there was no training today). How these rumours generate steam I will never know.

Anyway, we need two strikers in. I hope we can get hold of Matty Taylor because I think he's got a point to prove after not getting a proper run at City. I've never heard of Moult and I imagine he was a ways down our list but hopefully he can come in too to add competition. After that we need two more midfielders and a RB and we just might live
    Get Parrott in keep Lyle and I'm down the bookies for autos. Although worried no BFG replacement. Toure from U16s?
    Toure is 15, nowhere near ready.
    What about backup for Taylor!! - Who comes in if he were injured or suspended like last season!!
    Exactly, I'm not overly pleased at this precise moment.
    WE ONLY HAVE 1 STRIKER !
    Which will become no strikers when Taylor is injured/suspended/dropped :smile:  
  • cazo said:
    Been told after 1 from Norwich / Liverpool and Bristol city. So it’s gpt to be Taylor from Bristol no other names yet I’ll try find out
    Ben Godfrey or Louis Thompson (FINALLY!!) from Norwich perhaps?
  • Prefer Morgan to Kane (never seen latter play) we are sorted mf need two strikers, RB, RCB.
    I think Kane had a brilliant season and I still think we are one light in midfield. Agree about 2 strikers and I assume you mean 1 defender and not 2?
  • Sponsored links:

• cazo said:
    Been told after 1 from Norwich / Liverpool and Bristol city. So it’s gpt to be Taylor from Bristol no other names yet I’ll try find out
    Not a chance on Godfrey.
  • cazo said:
    Not a chance on Godfrey.
    Signing Godfrey would finish me off in terms of excitement!!... Would be beyond shocked
  • Slightly underwhelming but with just 21 hours left would take him - doesn't have to be season long loan.
  • cazo said:
    Not a chance on Godfrey.
    He was link with a £20 million plus move to Man United last season!! 
  • cazo said:
    Not a chance on Godfrey.
    Signing Godfrey would finish me off in terms of excitement!!... Would be beyond shocked

He’s the first choice cb with Zimmermann, Thompson is a decent shout though.
  • Customary Moult video... Sits back and waits for the: "Bit similar to Lyle, must be his replacement" comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf1gQkya4CI
    Can't replace Lyle as Louis doesn't take a slow walk towards penalties.
  • edited August 2019
    Scoham said:
    Funny that yesterday loads of people piped up saying that Lyle was apparently travelling to Brentford until it was debunked, and now we've got people popping up saying he missed training today (and then it's switched to yesterday when it became clear there was no training today). How these rumours generate steam I will never know.

Anyway, we need two strikers in. I hope we can get hold of Matty Taylor because I think he's got a point to prove after not getting a proper run at City. I've never heard of Moult and I imagine he was a ways down our list but hopefully he can come in too to add competition. After that we need two more midfielders and a RB and we just might live
    Get Parrott in keep Lyle and I'm down the bookies for autos. Although worried no BFG replacement. Toure from U16s?
    Played in 15yo tourney, likely 16. Doubt he will get bullied by the bluntest no 9. Get him on the bench. Konch barely 16 when debut"d in Prem.
    It wasn't the Prem and he debuted but barely played. Chucking in kids who are still at school isn't the answer. 
  • Scoham said:
    Funny that yesterday loads of people piped up saying that Lyle was apparently travelling to Brentford until it was debunked, and now we've got people popping up saying he missed training today (and then it's switched to yesterday when it became clear there was no training today). How these rumours generate steam I will never know.

Played in 15yo tourney, likely 16. Doubt he will get bullied by the bluntest no 9. Get him on the bench. Konch barely 16 when debut"d in Prem.
    Konch made his debut at home to Oxford at the level we are now.