Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• I take back my pessimism for the time being. Welcome back Josh 
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Cullen is done, honestly i am over the fucking moon with that
    Just wait for the sting in the tail. 
    i asked if there was any further outgoings and the reply unlikely. tbf the Taylor situ is similar to Pat Bauer last year other than Lyle hasn't come out and said he won't sign a new deal.
  • Right who’s next? Any more tonight?
  • Bit of good news regarding Taylor possibly?

GHODDOS LATEST

Brentford in talks to sign Amiens forward Saman Ghoddos in £7m transfer and the deal is close.

A source has told us a deal has been agreed with Amiens and the Bees are now discussing personal terms with the player.

Honestly, with £20M available, they could get both Ghoddos and Taylor without breaking a sweat. 
  • Sam Field next please 
  • Parrot & Connor Randall next
  • Right Back and a Striker our main needs now. 
  • Connor Randall very good prospect. Interesting if that comes off
  • Right Back and a Striker our main needs now. 
    Still need a quality midfield imo 
  • Sponsored links:

• Season long loan... but not.

• So eyes and ears peeled on the following:

- Sam Field
    - Troy Parrott
    - Eddie Nketiah
    - Herbie Kane
    - Kane Vincent-Young

- Lyle Taylor (lets hope that one goes quiet)

Have I missed any others?
  • So eyes and ears peeled on the following:

- Sam Field
    - Troy Parrott
    - Eddie Nketiah
    - Herbie Kane
    - Kane Vincent-Young

- Lyle Taylor (lets hope that one goes quiet)

Have I missed any others?
    Emile Smith-Rowe - but that would be a surprise at this moment in time.
  • Floebot said:
    Parrot & Connor Randall next
    Havent seen Connor Randall mentioned before?
  • Randall predominantly a RB, but can play LB and DM, if I recall. Was at Liverpool, released recently. Fits the bill of ‘cheap’ and has a re sale value. 

Like above, first time I’ve seen the name linked. Will just have to wait and see I guess.
  • Randall is a free agent so wouldn’t need to agree a deal with him before the deadline tomorrow. Same situation with Harriott.
  • With the possible exception or Rob Lee Bowyer is the best teenager I've ever seen in a Charlton shirt. 

Paul Walsh, surely ?
    I meant Paul Walsh. 
    Absolutely no idea why I said Rob Lee.

Other than the fact I'm a senile old got.
  • How things change,this time yesterday in the depth of despair,today absolutely delighted to see Josh coming back.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    How things change,this time yesterday in the depth of despair,today absolutely delighted to see Josh coming back.
    Probably best to keep your emotions in check and wait until the window closes tomorrow to decide if you are happy or not with the net outcome of all the summer ins and outs.
    I'm sure RD puts stuff out there to see how we all react. I think it was one of his rants he blamed social media as well for the sale of the club not going through. Pretty sure since then RD has developed an eye to understanding social media and how people react and why and this is all part of a game for him to sit back and laugh watching us all over-react to things like yesterday.
  • Still need a DM to replace Bielik. Unless JFC could play that role? What type of midfielder is Gallacher? 
  • Ross said:
    Still need a DM to replace Bielik. Unless JFC could play that role? What type of midfielder is Gallacher? 
    Cullen / Bielik both kind of played that role last season...

Was the one problem we really had formation wise trying to fit them both into that role
  • I know they are different positions but if we could only have one back, I am pleased it is Cullen and not Bielik, although it would have been good to have both, I thought Cullen could add more to midfield
  • Andy Delort in next. 
  • This is interesting. Sounds like AD sale was not Roland's idea? Quote from Lee....

• edited August 2019
    ross1 said:
    I know they are different positions but if we could only have one back, I am pleased it is Cullen and not Bielik, although it would have been good to have both, I thought Cullen could add more to midfield
    Agreed although they did both play same position 
  • Thats not bad; Moult is someone who knows where the goal is but not really done it for Preston