Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Wow. What I’ve just read about Cullen is up there with the biggest nonsense ever posted on the internet - he’s an absolute Rolls Royce of a midfielder, even Bowyer said himself that Cullen is better than he was at 23
    Well, that is nonsense.

Cullen is good but Bowyer was a champions League player.
    I’m not saying he’s better, I’m repeating what Bowyer said about him. I don’t think he’s better than Bowyer at 23, but it shows how highly rated he is by a former champions league midfielder 
  • edited August 2019
    Pleased re Cullen, but think the unpronounceable Polish chap will be missed more tho
  • With the possible exception or Rob Lee Bowyer is the best teenager I've ever seen in a Charlton shirt. 
    Nothing wrong with Bowyer bigging up Cullen though all part of giving him confidence. 
  • As I have explained before, I am a little bit ITK when it comes to U23 players around various teams at the moment. 

I AM NOT GETTING THE (CLARET AND) BLUES, COS I HAVE JUST HEARD SOME VERY GOOD NEWS. 

The clubs are just ironing out the bits and pieces. 
  • Wow. What I’ve just read about Cullen is up there with the biggest nonsense ever posted on the internet - he’s an absolute Rolls Royce of a midfielder, even Bowyer said himself that Cullen is better than he was at 23
    Post of the year - Better than Bowyer at 23?! Oh please, ever heard of blowing smoke up someone’s arse. Don’t tell me you think non competitive sport at school is a  good thing!! He’s so rolls Royce the rolls Royce league of the world thinks he’s clearly more Leyland Daff. 
    Carry on Biting? Could catch on!? 
    He quoted Bowyer. Bowyer said that.

Its called man management.

Tell u what, write me down everything you know about football.  Please leave at least half the postage stamp blank so we can set you straight 
  • Sponsored links:

Post of the year - Better than Bowyer at 23?! Oh please, ever heard of blowing smoke up someone’s arse. Don’t tell me you think non competitive sport at school is a  good thing!! He’s so rolls Royce the rolls Royce league of the world thinks he’s clearly more Leyland Daff. 

Tell u what, write me down everything you know about football.  Please leave at least half the postage stamp blank so we can set you straight 
    Sorry mum 

Sorry mum 
    Great comeback that ;)
  • As I have explained before, I am a little bit ITK when it comes to U23 players around various teams at the moment. 

I AM NOT GETTING THE (CLARET AND) BLUES, COS I HAVE JUST HEARD SOME VERY GOOD NEWS. 

Who is it

I take it this is about Cullen?
  • LoOkOuT said:
    I’m hearing Overmars a done deal and Kezman likely to sneak in just before the deadline. The player’s keen but Bowyer also hopeful that his play for Morientes will pay off instead. Just in case, there’s a deal for Javier Portillo on the back burner. 
    Mate, that takes me back to my youth!
    Cullen to put the cross in for the winner at your cesspit of a ground this season, love to see it.
  • Sponsored links:

• LoOkOuT said:
    I’m hearing Overmars a done deal and Kezman likely to sneak in just before the deadline. The player’s keen but Bowyer also hopeful that his play for Morientes will pay off instead. Just in case, there’s a deal for Javier Portillo on the back burner. 
    Those were the days when rumours were rumours. Josh Cullen rumour ... Pah
  • Cullen would be a great bit of business
  • razil said:
    Pleased re Cullen, but think the unpronounceable Polish chap will be missed more tho
    Inclined to agree. Very happy at the prospect of getting Cullen back, and I do see why people rate him higher than Bielik, but the added ingredient that Bielik gave us, that Cullen simply cannot, was physical presence in midfield. Any high balls in midfield he was 90% going to win and it gave the back four an added layer of protection. He was a presence in the opposition’s box too. Could've been doubly useful now we have Lockyer who is on the small side for a defender.

Cullen played very well at the base of the diamond last season, as well as further forward. Can’t see that realistically we could sign anyone better and we can arguably only get him because he had such a good experience with us last season.
  • cafc_se7 said:
    As I have explained before, I am a little bit ITK when it comes to U23 players around various teams at the moment. 

I take it this is about Cullen?

Knowing our luck it's a Scunthorpe player.

You tease Philip!

• Cullen would be a great bit of business
    Cullen would be a great bit of business

THAT cross for THAT Wembley goal .. Cullen is a CAFC legend whatever transpires now or in the future
  • edited August 2019
    Would love to get Wells, but think he might go to a northern club (plus we probably can’t afford his wages?)
  • BURNLEY HAPPY TO LET WELLS GO

Burnley are prepared to let Nahki Wells leave on loan before the deadline.

Championship sides West Brom, Birmingham and Bristol City are all expressing an interest in the forward.

Swansea saw a permanent move for the player knocked back earlier this week and their interest is said to have gone away now.

The 29-year-old spent last season on loan at QPR, where he scored seven Championship goals.

Bristol City desperate for a striker after they genuinely believed they would sign Nketiah, who looks as though he will join Leeds, it might mean we miss out on Wells but sign Matty Taylor instead.

Once Cullen is announced, just hope we can get excited again for a few more very soon.
  • edited August 2019
    Why would Burnley let him go, is Nahki knackered?