Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• "If you can deal with triumph and disaster,
    And treat those two imposters just the same"

The sudden change of mood is funny. 

As ever WIOTOS

It doesn't take much, Henners. A glimpse of positivity (sadly so rare) and we start to salivate.
  • LenGlover said:

Can he play up front?

How tall is he?
  • Rudders22 said:
    It's a loan not perm guys
    Of course it’s a loan . 
  • Anyone know much about this Kane Vincent-Young lad? Good replacement for Dijksteel?
    Good player, quick, serviceably both-footed if that makes sense. Scored a worldie against I think Forest Green Rovers a couple of years back. Relatively green but would be a shrewd replacement.

Only issue I see (genuinely) could be price. Luton and us have just got a few mil for their right backs lately and Colchester might try and use that against us to an extent (not drastically so, though, a la Leicester/Bournemouth Maguire/Ake shenanigans).
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Josh Cullen is at best league one standard in my personal opinion, watched him previously in Championship and some of his recent pre season games and alongside Wilshire he looked like a little boy lost. Totally out of his depth and certainly not someone Charlton supporters should be creaming themselves over. It’s more than a minority opinion on here I know.
    Speaks volumes that he is being touted to come back as no other club in Championship or his own thinks he’s good enough. Seem to recall he gave it the big, I’m off to bigger things also...... typical West Ham! Did I mention Williams and O’Brien are both still available?
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

- Sorry, let me try to give an actual rebuttal.

He was a crucial component of our midfield and that you can't see that speaks volumes for the validity of your personal opinion. He made countless tackles and interceptions; started up attacks very quickly; near-always found a man with the pass (usually passed short, granted, but that was his role usually IMO); and ran for days.

I may hold him in too high regard, certainly as I thought he was going to be our single most important player in the playoffs, but even so - he's so obviously a good footballer and more people would disagree with you than agree.
    You missed the comment  ‘is league 1 at best’, what he did in league 1 last season is irrelevant your in the Championship now. He was meant to be cutting it with best and now he’s back!? Where are all his suitors if he’s that good? 

Yawn, I suppose each to their own.

Last season he came to us as he needed the match experience, this year we would probably be the best club as we had him last year and we are now playing in a higher division, that's natural progression.

How do you know other clubs haven't enquired, we might have been hassling them left right and centre so might not have been offered to any other club.

Great signing in my opinion, will make the step up naturally reminds me of Scott Parker, not quite sure if he will cut it in the Premier league but time will tell, I have no qualms with him not making the cut in the championship. Not formality but he appears to have the quality

• Rudders22 said:
    It's a loan not perm guys
    Of course it’s a loan . 
    It's not even a loan.........................yet :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Great to get Cullen back,dont understand the negative post on here,they obviously did not see him take the game at wembley by the scruff of the neck.i really dont think there will be many better midfields,than Cullen,Jfc,and Johnny Williams in this league Keep Taylor,play him and Aneke up front,no team is going to knock those two about.Other than the fact I am a Charlton supporter,I would love us to do really well,just to show all these other clubs that spending 8m etc on noneties is no substitute for good management and team spirit.
    The negative post about a W Ham player is from a Millwall supporter.
  • Looks like the Spurs have beat us to capture Dybala's signature 
    Good means we can have Parrott
  • bobmunro said:
    "If you can deal with triumph and disaster,
    And treat those two imposters just the same"

The sudden change of mood is funny. 

As ever WIOTOS

It doesn't take much, Henners. A glimpse of positivity (sadly so rare) and we start to salivate.
    Like Pavlov's dog
  • Great to get Cullen back,dont understand the negative post on here,they obviously did not see him take the game at wembley by the scruff of the neck.i really dont think there will be many better midfields,than Cullen,Jfc,and Johnny Williams in this league Keep Taylor,play him and Aneke up front,no team is going to knock those two about.Other than the fact I am a Charlton supporter,I would love us to do really well,just to show all these other clubs that spending 8m etc on noneties is no substitute for good management and team spirit.
    Yeah ‘wall’ hate hamsters
  • Looks like the Spurs have beat us to capture Dybala's signature 
    Good means we can have Parrott
    Every cloud young Forro, every cloud...

Yep. Surprised people didn't pick that up. As in the last bit, Williams and O'Brien are available
  • Phillips, Amos

Solly, V.Young

Lockyer, Oshilaja

Pearce, Sarr

Purrington, Page?

Pratley

F.Caskey, Williams, Lapslie

Cullen, Gallagher, Wiredu (reported as a midfielder on Wiki and he played more advanced in pre-season)

Aneke, Morgan

L.Taylor, Bonne, Mavididi, M.Taylor

If we get the bold options and keep everyone else... we could well stay up damn it. 

• Cawley saying his info on the RB at Colchester is that he isn't coming to us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Phillips, Amos

Solly, V.Young

Lockyer, Oshilaja

Pearce, Sarr

Purrington, Page?

Pratley

F.Caskey, Williams, Lapslie

Cullen, Gallagher, Wiredu (reported as a midfielder on Wiki and he played more advanced in pre-season)

Aneke, Morgan

L.Taylor, Bonne, Mavididi, M.Taylor

If we get the bold options and keep everyone else... we could well go up damn it. 

• PaddyP17 said:
    Josh Cullen is at best league one standard in my personal opinion, watched him previously in Championship and some of his recent pre season games and alongside Wilshire he looked like a little boy lost. Totally out of his depth and certainly not someone Charlton supporters should be creaming themselves over. It’s more than a minority opinion on here I know.
    Speaks volumes that he is being touted to come back as no other club in Championship or his own thinks he’s good enough. Seem to recall he gave it the big, I’m off to bigger things also...... typical West Ham! Did I mention Williams and O’Brien are both still available?
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

- Sorry, let me try to give an actual rebuttal.

He was a crucial component of our midfield and that you can't see that speaks volumes for the validity of your personal opinion. He made countless tackles and interceptions; started up attacks very quickly; near-always found a man with the pass (usually passed short, granted, but that was his role usually IMO); and ran for days.

I may hold him in too high regard, certainly as I thought he was going to be our single most important player in the playoffs, but even so - he's so obviously a good footballer and more people would disagree with you than agree.
    You missed the comment  ‘is league 1 at best’, what he did in league 1 last season is irrelevant your in the Championship now. He was meant to be cutting it with best and now he’s back!? Where are all his suitors if he’s that good? 
    Bow said they must try and get the best players they possibly can from the lowest budget in the division - Cullen would tick that box, even if we've had to sell another to top it up 
    Does he need a sat nav?
  • Anyone know much about this Kane Vincent-Young lad? Good replacement for Dijksteel?
    Had never heard of him, but just been reading a few reviews etc of him and he sounds good, right footed but can also play left back, very quick and attacking so would probably be ideal as a wing back.
    Pleased to hear he’s right footed......especially as he’s a right back! B)
    He's a right buzzkill with his news this summer

Seeing that he got the Gallagher deal spot on I might have to eventually stop calling @LouisMend a Palace fan!!
    Good, he's crap blah blah blah :smile:
  • Wow. What I’ve just read about Cullen is up there with the biggest nonsense ever posted on the internet - he’s an absolute Rolls Royce of a midfielder, even Bowyer said himself that Cullen is better than he was at 23
    Post of the year - Better than Bowyer at 23?! Oh please, ever heard of blowing smoke up someone’s arse. Don’t tell me you think non competitive sport at school is a  good thing!! He’s so rolls Royce the rolls Royce league of the world thinks he’s clearly more Leyland Daff. 
    Carry on Biting? Could catch on!?