Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Can he play up front?
  • edited August 2019
    I hope @CharltonByBlood and @DOUCHER are both correct that Cullen is at SL right now. I'd be quite happy to see this set up:

Phillips
    V.Young, Lockyer, Pearce, Purrington
    Oshilaja
    Cullen, Gallagher
    Williams
    Taylor, Aneke
  • cazo said:
    Been told Cullen 100% at sparrows lane what a signing and player
    Perm?
  • cazo said:
    Told by whom might I ask?
  • It's a loan not perm guys
  • Sponsored links:

• Josh Cullen is at best league one standard in my personal opinion, watched him previously in Championship and some of his recent pre season games and alongside Wilshire he looked like a little boy lost. Totally out of his depth and certainly not someone Charlton supporters should be creaming themselves over. It’s more than a minority opinion on here I know.
    Speaks volumes that he is being touted to come back as no other club in Championship or his own thinks he’s good enough. Seem to recall he gave it the big, I’m off to bigger things also...... typical West Ham! Did I mention Williams and O’Brien are both still available?
    I think his the bollocks and so do a lot more
  • Is there a possibility of the Cullen deal being a perm? I might be wrong but I believe he only has a year left on his WHU contract and would seem daft for them to just let his contract run out.
  • If we keep hold of Taylor and sign Clarke-Harris that would be good business. Imagine if we had those two and Aneke on the pitch at the same time, stuff of nightmares for a centre back 
  • Rudders22 said:
    It's a loan not perm guys
    maybe we a clause we sign him for x amount at end of season. gives West Ham a small fee for someone out of contract. Not sure if that is feasible but assume all they have to do is offer Cullen a contract on same amount to get a fee as under 24. 
  • edited August 2019
    Cullen coming back, if true, is a fine piece of news and a good piece of business. Now if Lyle could stay and one of the young Arsenal strikers can come in along with a new RB then we have a good chance of staying up. I was very peed off yesterday with news of AD going and LT potentially going, but if we do end up with the people I've mentioned above come 5 pm tomorrow evening then well done to LB and SG. Perhaps we might just surprise a few more teams than just Blackburn!!
     Crickey, it’s like playing twister!

I can’t keep up with it!
    Yes maybe, but as I said yesterday with the news filtering out (about Taylor and AD) I was very pxxed off. The fact we might have Cullen back is good news, I'm just surmising what I would like to see alongside him, I'm not saying any of it will happen, but if it does it gives us a chance of not getting relegated.
    However as far as I feel about RD, nothing has changed, the old senile idiot needs to go and go now!! Here is his chance to put a smile on everyone's face and get out; he is bad news, has always been bad news and will continue to be bad news all the time he owns us, that feeling for me will never change. Today however is not about RD, its about what LB may have been able to pull off, despite RD.
  • Anyone know much about this Kane Vincent-Young lad? Good replacement for Dijksteel?
  • Sponsored links:

• So any rumours on incomings
    We’ve had 3 bids for Ivan Toney turned down, confirmed by Peterborough’s chairman. They want 10million for him
    What we been offering, a free scarf and a set of socket spanners?
    The sockets one at a time dependant on results and the handle if we get promotion.
  • Anyone know much about this Kane Vincent-Young lad? Good replacement for Dijksteel?
    Inferior name in my opinion. 
    Had never heard of him, but just been reading a few reviews etc of him and he sounds good, right footed but can also play left back, very quick and attacking so would probably be ideal as a wing back.
    Released by Tottenham in 2014   
  • Redhenry said:
    Wall of silence from #cafc on deals this week. Told contact made over Josh Cullen, but don't know how advanced that is. Dijksteel sale should provide bit more flexibility in the market.
  • DOUCHER said:
    expect more incoming both today and tomorrow
    Is this a hunch or you ITK. Whom are the incomings  today?
  • cazo said:
    Perm?
    I don't care what his hair looks like. I'll just be happy to get him back
    Where’s that monkey with the drumstick when you need it!