Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Would love to get Wells, but think he might go to a northern club (plus we probably can’t afford his wages?)
    would have liked him 3 or 4 years ago .. now ? … nah
  • edited August 2019
    As I have explained before, I am a little bit ITK when it comes to U23 players around various teams at the moment. 

I AM NOT GETTING THE (CLARET AND) BLUES, COS I HAVE JUST HEARD SOME VERY GOOD NEWS. 

The clubs are just ironing out the bits and pieces. 
    Nahki Wells? I know he’s not U23 but Claret and Blues...
  • Heard Harriott could also be done 
  • edited August 2019
    As I have explained before, I am a little bit ITK when it comes to U23 players around various teams at the moment. 

I AM NOT GETTING THE (CLARET AND) BLUES, COS I HAVE JUST HEARD SOME VERY GOOD NEWS. 

As good as this one? :)

Sorry folks - Cullen not coming. 

Things change when your parent club signs 2 players for big dosh without you knowing.
    He has been at Sparrows already and the deal is loan with a view to perm.

You also could have cut and pasted my post from page 261(?) that Baby Beckham was coming.
  • 21cws said:
    Heard Harriott could also be done 
    I thought he was done about 3 years ago!
  • If Bonne isnt quite there yet

Nakhi wells would be great. Proper little goal poacher but needs an old fashioned CF next to him prosper. 

Taylor, Wells, Bonne and JCH - 2 poachers, 2 CFs, perm 2 from 4.

That would get us goals and also add the defensive ability from the front we will need to repeat Ewood park performance and result on a regs this season. 
  • Would be made up if we sign Cullen. Engine of the team, a great outlet for the defence (Sarr in particular), and the creator of the playoff final winner. If we sign him as a perm could be a massive player for us in the next few years. 
  • Sponsored links:

• razil said:
    Pleased re Cullen, but think the unpronounceable Polish chap will be missed more tho
    Bee lick. 

Both excellent - rate them equally. 
  • Rumours please 
  • With the possible exception or Rob Lee Bowyer is the best teenager I've ever seen in a Charlton shirt. 

Paul Walsh, surely ?
    Paul Konchesky ?
  • Would love to get Wells, but think he might go to a northern club (plus we probably can’t afford his wages?)
    I don't think we're really in a position to be that fussy. Wells is about as good as we could get. 
  • Phillips
    V. Young Lockyer Pearce Purrington
    Gallagher Cullen Williams
    Aneke
    Taylor Wells

Amos, Solly, Sarr, Pratley, JFC, Morgan, Bonne

Decent 18 that

• As I have explained before, I am a little bit ITK when it comes to U23 players around various teams at the moment. 

Nahki Wells? I know he’s not U23 but Claret and Blues...

• Sponsored links:

• Cullen would be ideal if we can get him.
  • Phillips
    Aneke
    Taylor Wells

Decent 18 that

Pretty sure we are gonna need to be taking Taylor out of any line ups 
  • Phillips
    Aneke
    Taylor Wells

Decent 18 that

Unless Taylor gets injured/is sold. Then we are back in trouble.
  • Get with it Cawley i scooped that on page 275 :wink:
    I wonder if Rich is ripping his goss off here?
  • Talal said:
    Would love to get Wells, but think he might go to a northern club (plus we probably can’t afford his wages?)
    I don't think we're really in a position to be that fussy. Wells is about as good as we could get. 
    Talal said:
    Would love to get Wells, but think he might go to a northern club (plus we probably can’t afford his wages?)

I'd never advocate signing a player just for the sake of it
  • Definitely need Taylor cover. Or someone like Oztumer so Aneke could go up top 
  • With the possible exception or Rob Lee Bowyer is the best teenager I've ever seen in a Charlton shirt. 

Paul Walsh, surely ?
    That's what I was going to suggest
  • Talal said:
    Talal said:

I'd never advocate signing a player just for the sake of it
    29 is a good age for strikers. He played a lot of games and scored at a rate of about 1 in 4 for QPR in the Championship last season. Not sure who, realistically, we can get at this late stage, on a tight budget who would be significantly better.
  • Cullen excellent news.