Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• If we sign a striker to go with Taylor, Leko and Bonne it won't be too shabby but that striker needs to be decent IMO. 
  • I'm hearing we think we have got Kayal done in time. 
    Great, but I'm puzzled as to why we need yet another MF
     Morgan and Lapslie going out, JFC not rated as highly?
  • Oggy Red said:
    This is the point where anyone could make something up and cause widespread panic 
    There's a meteorite heading towards Wales the size of the Earth.

Is that what you meant?

No I meant a great big effing rock which is called a Asteroid is heading towards Earth and we are all going to be exterminated.

The good news is Lyle Taylor might still be a Charlton Player ?
  • Waiting for a tweet from Lyle to shed some light on the situation
  • isn't Kayal (edited) a midfielder, but we want strikers we have plenty of midfielders don't we?
    Can never have too many good players and I wonder if Bowyer wants to go more with 1 up top this year?
  • Can't see us getting both Brighton players on loan as we already have 4.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Absolute silence on Taylor made it clear he was staying.
    Clear? You've got intestines of steel! I won't feel confident until 7pm.
  • Brighton has submitted 6 deal sheets that will be confirmed by 7pm...............  here's hoping (fingers crossed) a couple or at least one is ours.
  • My only criticism of Bowyer is exactly the same as last year, he loves a midfielder. Morgan and Lapslie shouldn't be starting many games at this level but they are adequate 7th-9th choices. We lost Dijksteel and Bowyer doesn't see it as a priority but I don't agree with his favoritism towards having so many midfielders. 

At least with Bielik he could play CB but I don't see that versatility in the current crop except for Aneke. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Just throwing this into the ring as something of a ‘what if’.
    How about Bowyer gave Duchatalet an ultimatum re Lyle Taylor.....if he goes I go?
    Whadda you reckon?
  • My only criticism of Bowyer is exactly the same as last year, he loves a midfielder. Morgan and Lapslie shouldn't be starting many games at this level but they are adequate 7th-9th choices. We lost Dijksteel and Bowyer doesn't see it as a priority but I don't agree with his favoritism towards having so many midfielders. 

At least with Bielik he could play CB but I don't see that versatility in the current crop except for Aneke. 
    I’d agree to an extent, but if he wants to play that diamond you have to have top quality mids. Exactly why we are after Kayal.
  • Can't see us getting both Brighton players on loan as we already have 4.

think it was said one was a free agent

Oshilaja?
  • RC_CAFC said:
    isn't Kayal (edited) a midfielder, but we want strikers we have plenty of midfielders don't we?
    Can never have too many good players and I wonder if Bowyer wants to go more with 1 up top this year?
    My view is that Bows is concerned about getting hammered, and wants to play 5 at the back. He has played most pre-season games using that formation.

He also prefers the diamond midfield, as shown last season, with a midfielder protecting the centre backs.

It's how the team was set up on Saturday.

So, that only leaves room for 1 striker. If the midfielder at the point, gets in and around the lone striker, it's like playing 2 up front anyway.
  • Just throwing this into the ring as something of a ‘what if’.
    How about Bowyer gave Duchatalet an ultimatum re Lyle Taylor.....if he goes I go?
    Whadda you reckon?
    Then Roland would say cheerio, cos:

• Morgan is good enough at this level. I don't think he should be out on loan but just my view.
    This, I don’t want Morgan or Lapslie going out on loan I rate both of them enough to have an impact.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    DOUCHER said:
    Can't see us getting both Brighton players on loan as we already have 4.

think it was said one was a free agent
    Neither are free agents, both under contract with Brighton, who wanted to send both out on loan. 
    Possible that Hemed may be sold as they activated a year extension to do just that. They tried to make him part of the Maupay deal, but Brentford were not interested. He won't make their premier squad so were puting him out for loan as they had no offers.
  • games are won and lost in midfield more than anywhere - not a bad place to be well endowed  
  • Whichever manager gets Morgan and/or Lapslie on loan if it happens will be a manager with pretty good taste.
    I hope it is somebody canny like Paul Tisdale, or that they can help with our blessing and good fellowship a fine club like Leyton Orient who have had the tragic blow of losing Justin Edinburgh.
  • Get these two and that’s a fucking sensational window all things considered
  • Talksport say we got both Brighton lads 
  • Morgan is good enough at this level. I don't think he should be out on loan but just my view.
    Agree. Our job is to make him better and I think he does that more HERE than on loan to some League One club that might get him hurt, might not play him, or may have a totally different philosophy. We are not Chelsea.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Get these two and that’s a fucking sensational window all things considered
    Signed both according to talksport