Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Finally feel comfortable enough to leave this website for a bit. Need a breather. 
  • edited August 2019
    Even though we turned down a bid with 2 min left in the window, does not mean we did not accept one with 5 seconds left. I just don't trust the Rat.
  • kimbo said:
    Looks like it has been a good day. 🤞 Lyle still a Charlton player. Lee and Steve are wonderful. Anyone else feeling happy about this season? 
    I'll let you know at 7pm.
  • Right, if we can pull off those deals for Francis Jeffers and Danny Murphy, we’ve had an absolute blinder of a window
  • If we rejected a 4 million pound bid for Lyle and got the Brighton pair on board I can only assume Roland is going. 
    No way would he do that if he was staying. 
    Or was he shitting the reaction?
  • tom- k said:
    Roland ain’t so bad overall 😬
    He is. But a little credit where it’s due if he has rejected a 4.5m bid for one of our players.
  • Dannoo_86 said:
    Would like to thank Roland for all his hard work over the past 24 hours you have done us all proud! 
    Yep, we certainly can't forget the most important man, Roland. Thank you, I hope you never sell the club
  • Woitos everyone. Nothing confirmed yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not seen Kayal play so I have no idea. But he seems to barely play 20 games a season? Why would that be?
  • RC_CAFC said:
    tom- k said:
    Roland ain’t so bad overall 😬
    He is. But a little credit where it’s due if he has rejected a 4.5m bid for one of our players.
    Did Gallen and LB tell him?
  • edited August 2019
    Bring your vodka and your Charlie, Old Man Roland’s having a party

(actually Gallen and Bowyer are hosting in his house with Roland locked in the broom cupboard)
  • Do we give RD any credit for rejecting a 4.5 mil bid for Lyle ? It goes against the grain . Just asking . 
  • Brentford bid 4.5m right at the death and we rejected it.

Surely not even Roland can turn down a £4.5M bid, then lose him for nothing because of a derisory contract offer?
  • repeat .. I would like to have seen another defender signed up .. we now have a big surplus of talented midfielders and are adequate in attack ..  but this division attracts injuries and suspensions to defenders where we are not sufficiently strong .. but all in all, masterful manipulations from Bowyer @ Gallen, thanks chaps
  • Great window if we get those 2 in and keep Taylor. 
    I'll believe it WIOTOS. 
  • Sorry if anyone has posted this
  • If as appears likely we have kept Lyle (rejecting big offers) and signed Hemed, Kayal, Leko, Field (and Cullen yesterday) it is no exaggeration to say it is the most sensational deadline day in Charlton history.
    Have you written off the Chelsea lad already?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    Laddick01 said:
    4 million is a big offer. Fair play.
    If the hitmen that were waiting to show their professionalism outside Roland Duchatelet  gaff in Brussels wouldn't mind putting down their guns ?

And just waterboard him as Cafc fans are still crazy for not offering Aribo and Dijksteel adult championship wages.

• edited August 2019
    A total of 6 deal sheets submitted to the league offices that they are submitted to, according to R5L; speculating David Louis is one of those, Iwobe & Danndy Drinkwater are others.

EDIT: THIS COULD BE PREMIER LEAGUE ONLY
  • Not seen Kayal play so I have no idea. But he seems to barely play 20 games a season? Why would that be?
    In two of the last three seasons he's had injuries that have kept him out for a couple of months at a time, and with the likes of Stephens/Solly March/Gross/Propper ahead of him, opportunities haven't been completely forthcoming. 
  • If we are getting Kayal and Hemed then i assume Bowyer was given the money from the Dijksteel sale. Otherwise it makes no sense that Roland would start splashing out on extra wages 
  • A total of 6 deal sheets submitted to the league offices that they are submitted to, according to R5L; speculating David Louis is one of those, but nothing on the other 5.
    Who is David Louis?
  • Redrobo said:
    If as appears likely we have kept Lyle (rejecting big offers) and signed Hemed, Kayal, Leko, Field (and Cullen yesterday) it is no exaggeration to say it is the most sensational deadline day in Charlton history.
    Have you written off the Chelsea lad already?
    He was before deadline week.... so no not at all
  • edited August 2019
    What’s Hemed and Kaylal like ?