Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• bobmunro said:
    Brighton fans confirm. They seem to think we did well.

Certainly get the impression also that Brighton fans like us!
    and i have to be honest, i quite like them after reading those messages
  • stonemuse said:
    bobmunro said:

Indeed, and the feeling has always been mutual. 

Yes it has.
  • What’s Hemed and Kaylal like ?
    I think they come under the first category.

New signing:

“Class acts who play for the love of football and Charlton.”

Good player leaving:

“Greedy snakes who weren’t that good anyway”

Bad player leaving:

“Finally cleared out the deadwood”
  • stonemuse said:
    bobmunro said:

Their owner has pumped in £250M of his own money over the years. Respect.
  • Has it actually been confirmed that we've signed Kayal and Hemed?
  • Wow literally was prepared for the worst as ever, waited for it to pan out... whilst frantically refreshing on here and twittwoo

Has to be one of the best transfer windows post roland, I do not know how they have done it Bowyer, Gallen, Jacko fair play. slightly confused how we are offering money for players without selling our best.

Slight negatives: Bielik (was never coming back after U21 success in the summer and valuation)

Aribo (this one hurt, still does a bit class player we have lost for pittance)

Bauer - Thought he would stay once we went up

Signings all look decent on paper, in particular Cullen is probably my fave. Never really looked like happening and thought he was going to be getting a chance at West Ham.

Some of the loans are going to be up for debate , but they do look very good and certainly not bottom barrelled stuff, Leko was highly regarded, it sounds like Field should be part of their squad going by the  fans which is a great sign.

Both Brighton players if they can prove their fitness they would be a top half championship.

Basically my optimism has gone from guaranteed relegation to I think we can challenge for top half of the table and who knows. A lot of positivity today so lets get behind the boys and now we can enjoy the season and hopefully many more at least at this level!

COYR

• Sponsored links:

• Reading what the Brighton fand are saying about these lads and I have to see SG/LB are absolute geniuses when it comes to transfer windows!
  • Southbank said:
    stonemuse said:
    bobmunro said:

Your enemy's enemy is your friend
    I think it's more than that. We both know what it's like to be homeless.
  • Has it actually been confirmed that we've signed Kayal and Hemed?
    Nope. Still time for us to become the bridesmaids.
  • The delay is getting Lyle to unveil them

• edited August 2019
    Tomers misses is a bit of a wag
  • I will wait till 7... but will say now, for soapy_jones to be walking away from a Charlton transfer window under Roland Wankbucket without a dull ache in his bollocks is quite an achievement.  Guarded well done to Charlton and offer of marriage to Bows and team if it all comes off.
  • Oggy Red said:
    bobmunro said:

1) They hate Palace even more than we do.

2) The support and solidarity we gave with them at the old Goldstone when they were fighting for their existence.

3) They hate Palace even more than we do.

The second was the one that really brought both sets of fans together ... Palaaarse was just an added bonus :-)
  • I'm still waiting for the catch. 
    We’re going up, Roland will get his money back and have to get some credit.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm still waiting for the catch. 
    In the top 6 and sell 4 in Jan
  • It will be interesting to see how Lyle reacts. If he wanted the move (for all the right reasons) then he won't be best pleased. If he didn't and was prepared to stay (with or without contract promises) then we will still have our Lyle Taylor Baby.
  • Just smashed Charlton from 65s into 6.4s on the exchanges, will lay it off in a couple of months for a tidy profit
  • edited August 2019
    CAFCsayer said:
    Just smashed Charlton from 65s into 6.4s on the exchanges, will lay it off in a couple of months for a tidy profit
    🤷🏻‍♂️
  • So glad Lyle is staying. I've supported our club for nearly 60 years & although he's only been here for 1 season he is in my top 10 favourite players.
  • bobmunro said:
    It will be interesting to see how Lyle reacts. If he wanted the move (for all the right reasons) then he won't be best pleased. If he didn't and was prepared to stay (with or without contract promises) then we will still have our Lyle Taylor Baby.
    Got everything crossed for an a Contract Extension being announced either as the last piece of business or at some point tomorrow
  • @bobmunro
    Lyle is proper Charlton, not like some fans who will be sitting on the half way line against Stoke 😀

just kidding BTW. 
  • Dont want to be called an apologist for RD(as I have been before)but I really cant fault him in this transfer window,to apparently turn 4.5m for a player is baffling considering what has gone on before.The ulterior motive could of course be that a good start to the season may hasten a sale.We could be winners all round.