Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Great great window - roll on Saturday 
  • Just chucking it out there, this is without doubt the best transfer window under Roland we have seen, bringing in lots of players and some of them from premiership clubs plus the the fact we have turned down a big money off for Taylor........... The takeover of the club seems to have gone deadly silent of late could something be about to change on that front and the real reason behind all the activity we have seen?????
  • A small amount of credit needs to go to Roland. Not many chairman would have rejected that bid for Taylor.

But in doing so shows how awful he is. We lose Aribo etc for peanuts and then he rejects a bid we should probably have accepted. 
    At a properly run club you’d accept 4.5m for a player out of contract next summer (assuming he won’t sign a new deal, but even so it’s a decent fee for a 29 year old unproven in the Championship) and let the manager spend that on strengthening the squad overall.
  • A small amount of credit needs to go to Roland. Not many chairman would have rejected that bid for Taylor.

But in doing so shows how awful he is. We lose Aribo etc for peanuts and then he rejects a bid we should probably have accepted. 
    Probably should have accepted a bid for our best player and top goalscorer? 
  • The two as yet unsigned Israelis are both what Bowyer would call "men" in that they are experienced, been there done it players.

The other recent signings, other than Cullen, are kids with talent but little experience or games played.

It's a cliché but a good blend of youth and experience works.

WIOTOS
    Yeah very good point. It’s been a good second half of the window that’s for sure. Selling Dijksteel seems like it’s turned out to be good business. 

We are a defender short and if we could snap up a freebie after loaning out Morgan and Lapslie that would be great. 
  • wmcf123 said:
    I see no point in signing Kayal
    Fuck me, a week ago we were looking at heading into the season with Lapslie and Morgan as our starting midfielders, now you can find no room for an international midfielder who's played in a championship winning side and played in the premier league last year.
    It’s an opinion, sir; relax 
  • Sponsored links:

• So just Leko and Field with maybe 2 to 3 to follow and LT stays?

Probably should have accepted a bid for our best player and top goalscorer? 
    Steady on!!... Purrington and Phillips might have something to say about that one!!
  • Talal said:
    Roland doesn't deserve credit, let's save that for Gallen and Bowyer. 
    Spot on
  • DOUCHER said:
    Woitos everyone. Nothing confirmed yet.
    Relax - wiotos is old hat

Yeah. What loser says that these days 
  • cazo said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Here’s an idea, let’s not spread negative rumours about one of our best players.

What the won that won’t to leave get real
    English language police here - please return to nursery school
    How do you know he is not already there?
  • Sage said:
    Senior players only:

Phillips, Amos

Solly, X
    Lockyer, Oshilaja
    Pearce, Sarr
    Purrington, Page

Cullen, Field,
    Pratley, Forster-Caskey
    Kayal
    Williams, Aneke

Taylor, Hemed
    Leko, Bonne

Add in Wiredu, Lapslie, and maybe Morgan (although I think he will now be allowed out on loan). That’s not bad at all, pretty good in fact.

Chelsea recall Gallagher?
  • Sage - what about Gallagher ?
  • Nakhi Wells ended up back at QPR on a Seasons loan
  • Josh Mcgennis to hull lol. Done deal 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Senior players only:

Phillips, Amos

Solly, X
    Lockyer, Oshilaja
    Pearce, Sarr
    Purrington, Page

Cullen, Field,
    Pratley, Forster-Caskey
    Kayal
    Williams, Aneke

Taylor, Hemed
    Leko, Bonne

Add in Wiredu, Lapslie, and maybe Morgan (although I think he will now be allowed out on loan). That’s not bad at all, pretty good in fact.

You have missed Gallagher. 
  • smiffyboy said:
    Just chucking it out there, this is without doubt the best transfer window under Roland we have seen, bringing in lots of players and some of them from premiership clubs plus the the fact we have turned down a big money off for Taylor........... The takeover of the club seems to have gone deadly silent of late could something be about to change on that front and the real reason behind all the activity we have seen?????
    Judge the window in May, not August
  • Will Oshilaja be our right back?
  • Sage said:
    Senior players only:

Phillips, Amos

Solly, X
    Lockyer, Oshilaja
    Pearce, Sarr
    Purrington, Page

Cullen, Field,
    Pratley, Forster-Caskey
    Kayal
    Williams, Aneke

Taylor, Hemed
    Leko, Bonne

As far as I’m concerned Leko isn’t a striker and Bonne we have been told is a project so just the two strikers, would have liked another to be honest.
  • Sage said:
    Senior players only:

Phillips, Amos

Solly, X
    Lockyer, Oshilaja
    Pearce, Sarr
    Purrington, Page

Cullen, Field,
    Pratley, Forster-Caskey
    Kayal
    Williams, Aneke

Taylor, Hemed
    Leko, Bonne

Way better than we expected a few days ago 
  • cafc1263 said:
    Wonder if Lee said to Roland, "If you sell Lyle, that's me gone" and Roland blinked first. Fuxking well done Lee. He has balls of Platinum. We are so lucky to have him in charge. I reckon Roland knows Lee can take it or leave it and so won't screw him over. Happy days ahead. 
    I think your find that Richard Murray has had a lot to do with all this .
    Yeah, because he wasn’t involved.
    I explained that this morning, Roland had already done his 2% with us selling Dyksteele.
  • Sage said:
    Senior players only:

Phillips, Amos

Solly, X
    Lockyer, Oshilaja
    Pearce, Sarr
    Purrington, Page

Cullen, Field,
    Pratley, Forster-Caskey
    Kayal
    Williams, Aneke

Taylor, Hemed
    Leko, Bonne

And Gallagher. 

Better than any of us hoped for on Monday surely?!
  • CafcSCP said:
    Josh Mcgennis to hull lol. Done deal 
    So Oztumer and Lowe and the only two left @ Bolton?
  • CafcSCP said:
    Josh Mcgennis to hull lol. Done deal 
    Good move for him.