Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Valley11 said:
    Are the Brighton lads signed? 
    Jake Forster Caskey will have played alongside them both when he was himself at Brighton?

• Hemed and Kayal perms, Matty Taylor on loan. I would cream my pants.
    No way is that happening?
  • Hemed and Kayal perms, Matty Taylor on loan. I would cream my pants.
    I heard Hamed is defo a perm at around 600k but I'm not too sure.

See If proven right in about 15 mins
  • One of the clever parts of business done today...

If we sign the 2 from Brighton, what Bows and Gallen have done, is not brought in anybody alone.

Both the West Brom kids, and the Brighton signings will have a friend (or at least someone they know) with them in their new surroundings. It will help them integrate them into the Charlton group.

Spare a thought for poor Tracey Leaburn. She's going to have a late night...
    Imagine the Brighton lads won't need to move.

The two West Brom lads will think Eltham is paradise after living in West Bromwich.
    How much?

That's the annual rental right?
  • Sponsored links:

• Could Gallagher solve our RB problems? Used to play wide, pacy, likes a tackle.
  • Could Gallagher solve our RB problems? Used to play wide, pacy, likes a tackle.
    Lapslie has played at wing back, so we have cover.
    Lapslie has played at wing back, so we have cover.

wouldnt fancy Lapslie at wing back at this level
  • I thought about Gallagher at wing-back as an option 
  • Lets not write Chris Solly off just yet 
    We all know he's a capable player, it's just whether he's capable of playing Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday. I expect Bowyer will have to rotate him and Oshilaja.
  • The sad thing about all this is that Steve Gallen will never know how much he is appreciated by Charltin fans 
    Really? All he needs to do is read on here for 20 minutes 
  • Leuth said:
    I thought about Gallagher at wing-back as an option 
    Whether it’s a free agent or someone in the squad I’m sure Bowyer will find a solution.

Looking like a brilliant decision to sell Dijksteel to strengthen the squad elsewhere.
  • edited August 2019
    Fair to assume without the Djiksteel money we could not have had a transfer deadline day like this?
  • The sad thing about all this is that Steve Gallen will never know how much he is appreciated by Charltin fans 
    We'll tell when he comes along to Bromley Addicks again in October.* Join the BA mailing list to ensure a place.

*To be confirmed by @tracey
  • Sponsored links:

• Fair to assume without the Djicksteel money we could not have had a transfer deadline day like this?
    Has to be the assumption ... great news as I thought RD would pocket the money 
  • Wiki already showing both the Brighton boys as playing for "Premier league team" Charlton Athletic!
  • The deals aren't done yet everyone...
  • Just 5 minutes to go before the end of added paperwork added time.

Really? All he needs to do is read on here for 20 minutes 
    Oh, spose its nailed he is going to come on here then.
  • Well that’s a wrap then - in the can - that feeling bowyer might get 75% of the diksteel money and we’d end up pleasantly surprised wasn’t too far off - don’t know what happened to otzuner and NLA the latest casualty on the takeover front - see u all in January - or in s few hours time more like - COYR!!!!!!
  • Went out for a long walk and ignored it all. Happy days. Can’t believe weve ended up not just with bodies but with a quality squad.  Pity in one sense about Oztumer and Harriott but I think we’ve ended up with much better (and at least one of the two may yet join as a free agent). I’m a little worried that we are light at full back given Page’s brittleness and Solly’s capability and that Lyle may be in a difficult place (it may of course be utter bollocks and he could be as happy as a pig in shite). But I couldn’t have imagined ending up with this squad a couple of weeks ago. Rock on Saturday.