Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Valley11 said:
    Can the WBA boys play against the Baggies?
    No. 
    Unless we've been given permission.  Which is unlikely.
  • edited August 2019
    This is worrying.....I do hope we got paperwork sent in time, was it last year some club missed it by 14 seconds?
    Its also worrying that at 7.30 still nothing announced, that's 30 minutes after the 2 hour paperwork extension has expired. 
  • Valley11 said:
    No
  • This is worrying.....I do hope we got paperwork sent in time, was it last year some club missed it by 14 seconds?
    Its also worrying that at 7.30 still nothing announced, that's 30 minutes after the 2 hour paperwork extension has expired. 
    Yeah, but I do wonder why the club would tweet what they did if they haven't got anything to announce tbh
  • edited August 2019
    This is worrying.....I do hope we got paperwork sent in time, was it last year some club missed it by 14 seconds?
    Yeah, but I do wonder why the club would tweet what they did if they haven't got anything to announce tbh
    Agree 100%. It would be extremely inappropriate for the comms team to put out a tweet like that if the deadline hadn’t already been met. 

I’m sure the delay is just down to the fact that the players photos are being taken ahead of the official reveal. 
  • Ummm is this happening?
  • This is worrying.....I do hope we got paperwork sent in time, was it last year some club missed it by 14 seconds?
    The landlord says your rent is late
    he may have to litigate.
  • cfgs said:
    Terrible isn't it that you make the effort to interact with your fans and you end up with the shite he has had thrown at him. 
    I have picked your comment to quote but for no particular reason. I will repeat something I have mentioned before. When asked what one piece of advice he'd give a lad in the Chelsea academy Frank Lampard said 'Stay clear of social media'. Wise words.
  • Sponsored links:

• Admittedly I have thought Taylor has been a bit attention seeky on social media but I wouldn't dream of abusing him, we do have some thick supporters. The minority who did need to hang their heads in shame, Lyle is a top bloke and even if he did move to Brentford he still wouldn't have warranted the abuse. 

On the other hand and I'll make it clear I'm not defending the trolls, Lyle needs to show thicker skin, the more popular/better player you are the more attention you generate. In a world full of idiots it is very unlikely that you will encounter only nice people, especially behind a keyboard. Lyle needs to recognise that proper Charlton fans have nothing but respect for him and completely understand the situation. Basically just show some thicker skin and ignore trolls, otherwise you do come across a bit look at me on social media. Just my thoughts 
    But social media is attention seeky by definition. Whether it’s showing off pics of your holiday or your new born kid, it’s showing off and hoping for reaction. ie likes, follows, retweets etc. To say Lyle is an attention seeker is just moot. The guy interacts with fans, likes tweets etc he’s clearly fucked off with the grief he’s received in the last couple of days and rightly so. I don’t agree with everything he says but I welcome his views on the world and hope this little tiff doesn’t stop him from tweeting etc 
    Yeah Leicester
  • Tbf if the deal is done Brighton will probably have been asked by us not to announce anything so the comms team can do the big reveal this evening.

coupled with their tweet I’m positive this is imminent 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Well that’s a wrap then - in the can - that feeling bowyer might get 75% of the diksteel money and we’d end up pleasantly surprised wasn’t too far off - don’t know what happened to otzuner and NLA the latest casualty on the takeover front - see u all in January - or in s few hours time more like - COYR!!!!!!
    Sorry @DOUCHER I don't understand this bit? Have I missed something?
    No . Just @Doucher talking in riddles as usual 
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomer_Hemed

Has this fella actually joined, nothing on the official website yet?
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomer_Hemed

Has this fella actually joined, nothing on the official website yet?
    Anyone can change Wikipedia pages, it has said that for hours
  • Richard J said:
    Valley11 said:
    No
    It's a cunning plan, they are so good we will finish 2nd, with the 6 points we lost to WBA because they couldnt play being the difference. 
    Still nothing on Sky transfer show either...🤔
    Yeah Leicester
    And the poor lad couldn't play for six months.  Not as bad as Cox of Orient who was spitfully released just after the deadline so he couldn't sign for anyone else. 
  • edited August 2019
    Oggy Red said:
    ross1 said:
    16:00 Eddie Nketiah [Arsenal - Leeds] Loan
    Another one we've missed out on.

Along with Rooney and Lukaku, you mean?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    Last tweet from CAFC 48 minutes ago... thought the announcement was following within five minutes like they usually do but apparently not.
  • Could Gallagher solve our RB problems? Used to play wide, pacy, likes a tackle.
    Has Solly left today.
  • Last tweet from CAFC 48 minutes ago... thought the announcement was following within five minutes like they usually do but apparently not.
    Seems strange 
  • Southbank said:
    If we do not put his pay up we will have a half hearted striker
    Then he can sit on the bench and watch his appeal to other clubs decrease.
    In practice they would not worry as they would know why he was not exerting himself and they would be happy to get him in the next window fresh and uninjured, and probably for a lot less.
  • Last tweet from CAFC 48 minutes ago... thought the announcement was following within five minutes like they usually do but apparently not.
    20.47 in Belgium, so RD thinks it is all over spending his money and we will release the news when he goes to bed  :)
  • Admittedly I have thought Taylor has been a bit attention seeky on social media but I wouldn't dream of abusing him, we do have some thick supporters. The minority who did need to hang their heads in shame, Lyle is a top bloke and even if he did move to Brentford he still wouldn't have warranted the abuse. 

On the other hand and I'll make it clear I'm not defending the trolls, Lyle needs to show thicker skin, the more popular/better player you are the more attention you generate. In a world full of idiots it is very unlikely that you will encounter only nice people, especially behind a keyboard. Lyle needs to recognise that proper Charlton fans have nothing but respect for him and completely understand the situation. Basically just show some thicker skin and ignore trolls, otherwise you do come across a bit look at me on social media. Just my thoughts 
    But social media is attention seeky by definition. Whether it’s showing off pics of your holiday or your new born kid, it’s showing off and hoping for reaction. ie likes, follows, retweets etc. To say Lyle is an attention seeker is just moot. The guy interacts with fans, likes tweets etc he’s clearly fucked off with the grief he’s received in the last couple of days and rightly so. I don’t agree with everything he says but I welcome his views on the world and hope this little tiff doesn’t stop him from tweeting etc 
    Fair enough mate we just have a difference in opinion then on the matter. I treat twitter as if you were in a room with all your mates and you would speak out loud and a conversation would begin. If one of my mates made a comment like that and left the pub we would all be thinking what's all that about. I understand he is a famous footballer so it's a bit different but the idea is the same. I personally love Lyle and think he's a great character but his social media for the past few weeks has been doing him no favours. 
  • Chill ppl, Luiz hasn’t been revealed by Arsenal yet so ours could be a while too
  • Laddick01 said:
    Olly been inactive on here for an hour, clearly putting the final touches on the reveal video.
    Or gone into hiding for the next month...
  • Hmm still no mention of the Brighton pair on Sky Sports.