Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Doffs cap to Lee Bowyer, Steve Gallen and dare I say it, Thomas Driesden (joking). This has been the best window ever and I will be eating humble pie tonight. Never in a million years did I think this would happen. Gotta feel for Robbie Mustoe and Jesper Blomvquist. No panic buys this time COYA 

• My wife and 2 boys are all season ticket holders at Brighton and I have been to the Amex a few times when not watching Charlton. Have to say Kayal would be a very good signing as he is very creative midfielder. As for Hemed, good in the air but not the quickest though. Both would be good signings for us in my opinion.
    Good to hear 
  • Has it actually been confirmed that we've signed Kayal and Hemed?
    Don't think so.

One hugely respected poster on here always says only WIOTOS :smile:

• Suspect Hemed may be a bit of a donkey, but think Kayal is a good signing.
  • Has it actually been confirmed that we've signed Kayal and Hemed?
    Hemed .. yes
  • stonemuse said:
    bobmunro said:
    Brighton fans confirm. They seem to think we did well.

Certainly get the impression also that Brighton fans like us!
    Indeed, and the feeling has always been mutual. 
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Has it actually been confirmed that we've signed Kayal and Hemed?
    Don't think so.

One hugely respected poster on here always says only WIOTOS :smile:

Yeah, but he doesn’t know what he’s talking about ;-)
  • bobmunro said:
    It will be interesting to see how Lyle reacts. If he wanted the move (for all the right reasons) then he won't be best pleased. If he didn't and was prepared to stay (with or without contract promises) then we will still have our Lyle Taylor Baby.
    The below assumes that he did indeed want to leave...

Thing is if he wants to be moody for a few weeks then we don’t have to play him for that period - as long as Hemed is inbound then Lyle can sit on the bench until he drops the mood.

If he still wants out in January then we can reassess at that point. Until then he’s signed a contract and he’s our player.
  • Everyone can unbuckle themselves now, the ride is over. Prepare for landing.

Time to celebrate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Proper dick move from Brentford btw, bidding at 16:58 wouldn’t have allowed us to get Toney.
  • Wow just wow! We've had so much crap for so long and our expectations are so low I really don't believe today. Never been on Charlton Life for so long. Exhausted but exhilarated.
  • Dont want to be called an apologist for RD(as I have been before)but I really cant fault him in this transfer window,to apparently turn 4.5m for a player is baffling considering what has gone on before.The ulterior motive could of course be that a good start to the season may hasten a sale.We could be winners all round.
    Of course, Roland might not yet know nothing about any of it. :smile:

#inBowyerandGallenwetrust

• Laddick01 said:
    Proper dick move from Brentford btw, bidding at 16:58 wouldn’t have allowed us to get Toney.
     They didn't. We rejected their bid at 1658
  • Oggy Red said:
    Dont want to be called an apologist for RD(as I have been before)but I really cant fault him in this transfer window,to apparently turn 4.5m for a player is baffling considering what has gone on before.The ulterior motive could of course be that a good start to the season may hasten a sale.We could be winners all round.
    Of course, Roland might not yet know nothing about any of it. :smile:

#inBowyerandGallenwetrust

Don't forget the importance of JJ. All three are doing an amazing job in, let's say, trying circumstances. 
  • Sponsored links:

• last one from me.... my mate who is friends with jonny williams has just told me that Lyle hasn't trained properly this week and if he stays wont be involved saturday. watch this space gents

Now we wait and see....
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Proper dick move from Brentford btw, bidding at 16:58 wouldn’t have allowed us to get Toney.
     They didn't. We rejected their bid at 1658
    Fair play, I assumed the bid was late as well?
  • Kayal & Hemed spoke to Dale Stephens and decided they wanted a move south....
    They wanted to play.
  • Talal said:
    We were desperate for midfielders and now people are concerned we've got too many. Have to laugh. 
    Fair point, I think it’s just because we have Morgan and Lapslie. When they go will be more reasonable. 
  • If Bow and co have managed to get one of these as a permanent too that'll  be incredible.
  • Suspect Hemed may be a bit of a donkey, but think Kayal is a good signing.
    We don’t have a big strong centre forward that can cause aerial problems and upset horrible centre halves. Happy for him to be a donkey that works his bollocks off and does what Bowyer wants him too.
    Got a 1 in 3 record for Brighton
  • Amazing how relaxed everyone is on here compared to this morning :-)