Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Webbja77 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    If we signed Amos, he would be number 1 by xmas. Much better keeper than Philips imo. 
    Agree with this..
    Did you actually see any matches at all last season? How can someone who made a host of mistakes at Millwall be better than a keeper who was faultless for Charlton (other than the one slip at Wembley) in a promotion season. 

I’m almost angry.... 

• I remembered the :-) this time !
  • Alternatively the giant at Gillingham seemed a bit handy too.
    Signed for Ipswich I believe.
    Where's this? Can only see speculation on Twitter.
  • Scoham said:
    Alternatively the giant at Gillingham seemed a bit handy too.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48402275
  • Scoham said:

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/town-agree-deal-to-sign-tomas-holy/

• Thanks - thought you were all talking about Eaves!
  • JamesSeed said:
    Webbja77 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    If we signed Amos, he would be number 1 by xmas. Much better keeper than Philips imo. 
    Agree with this..
    Did you actually see any matches at all last season? How can someone who made a host of mistakes at Millwall be better than a keeper who was faultless for Charlton (other than the one slip at Wembley) in a promotion season. 

I’m almost angry.... 

We’ll have to take your word on his Millwall performances @JamesSeed

:-)
    I saw Millwall at The Valley a couple of years ago, and previous time was in 1966. Honest guv. 

And the the reason J Seed was a Director of Millwall was because they treated him well, when Charlton treated him like absolute sh*t. 

I haven't quite forgiven you lot yet either. 

;-)

• Sponsored links:

• Ravel Morrison out of contract i think.  A talented midfielder who has made some bad life choices in his early days.. if only we had a manager who could sympathise and improve him...  no rumour just a name that popped into my head.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Webbja77 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Agree with this..

I’m almost angry.... 

Amos had a poor season, but then any player can have a bad spell and a bad spell doesn't necessarily mean he's worse than Dillon, especially as he was playing in a higher division, whereas Dillon was playing behind a very good defence (once Purrington arrived) for L1.

• JamesSeed said:
    Webbja77 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Agree with this..

I’m almost angry.... 

Amos had a poor season, but then any player can have a bad spell and a bad spell doesn't necessarily mean he's worse than Dillon, especially as he was playing in a higher division, whereas Dillon was playing behind a very good defence (once Purrington arrived) for L1.

Not sure that makes Amos ‘a much better keeper than Phillips’. 
    Either way, the Bowyer method will mean he’ll start with Dillon, I should think. 
  • edited June 2019
    Ravel Morrison out of contract i think.  A talented midfielder who has made some bad life choices in his early days.. if only we had a manager who could sympathise and improve him...  no rumour just a name that popped into my head.
    Yeaaa... no thanks!
  • edited June 2019
    Signed for Ipswich lol been said already
  • uie2 said:
    Signed for Ipswich 
    Wow. Breaking news.
  • Seems slightly weird for Williams to be "offered" to the likes of Derby and WBA as he's hardly a secret, seeing that he had a high profile loan spell in the Championship in the 2017/18 season (as featured on Netflix)

• Would love Amos back to compete with Phillips. 
    I don't want anyone to "compete" with Phillips. He has earned it. I want a backup.
  • Sponsored links:

• It has to be a good sign that Aribo is waiting until Friday to meet with LB. That’s the mindset of a player who might be willing to stay if he gets the right offer.

Yes I’m straw clutching. Can’t see us offering even half of the 20k p/w he’d be rumoured to get at Rangers.
  • Phillips best form for us coincided with us having Maxwell (a proven championship quality goalkeeper) coming in and keeping Phillips on his toes. 

If the wage demands of Amos are reasonable then it would be silly not to bring someone in who’s as good as if not better than Phillips imo.
    I posted something similar earlier. And I feel sure Bowyer would feel the same way.

He'll try and sign a new keeper who is the best we can afford, experienced but hungry to be 1st choice..... Bowyer will want  to have 2 keepers who are both 1st team quality.

• It has to be a good sign that Aribo is waiting until Friday to meet with LB. That’s the mindset of a player who might be willing to stay if he gets the right offer.

Yes I’m straw clutching. Can’t see us offering even half of the 20k p/w he’d be rumoured to get at Rangers.
    Or he's still on holiday!

There is no way on gods earth he would be getting 20k p/w at Rangers, not even sure morellos gets anything like that 

Let’s hope RD comes to his senses and gives him a good offer like he did with LB.  LB said in his interview with sky that there could be 2 players renewing contracts. Hoping for the best 

I am not sure he has been offered that much, but maybe we could offer him a signing on fee of £250k, decent wages and a review in January when new owners can sort out a proper contract. If any one can convince him it will be Bows.

We also have the football argument, stuck up in Scotland with a couple of competitive games a season and a good kicking v Championship football. The lad is going to end up in the Premiership earning a fortune. The quickest way to those riches is via the Championship. If a top Championship club was in for him AND he was going to play, that would be his best option.

The fact is, they are not. His performances in the playoffs and final were OK, but not outstanding, which points to him having a bit to learn.
    He has done fantastically well here under Bow and his team, he is in a supportive environment, and he will be playing football. He only needs to think back to last season to see how he and all of his team mates improved over the season. That is not normal. Gerard had a great career, but that does not make him an improver of a player.

It is a risk him going to Scotland and it is a very big decision he has to make.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Webbja77 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Agree with this..

I’m almost angry.... 

I would probably keep quiet about watching so many Millwall matches...
    Why?  Know your enemy.