Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Good point @Redrobo, Aribo struggled in the Doncaster home match in front of 25k, how many do Rangers get, 40-50k? 

• JamesSeed said:
    Webbja77 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    If we signed Amos, he would be number 1 by xmas. Much better keeper than Philips imo. 
    Agree with this..
    Did you actually see any matches at all last season? How can someone who made a host of mistakes at Millwall be better than a keeper who was faultless for Charlton (other than the one slip at Wembley) in a promotion season. 

I’m almost angry.... 

Amos had a poor season, but then any player can have a bad spell and a bad spell doesn't necessarily mean he's worse than Dillon, especially as he was playing in a higher division, whereas Dillon was playing behind a very good defence (once Purrington arrived) for L1.

Spanners tell me they've got two decent central defenders but overall their defence was poor.
  • If I was the owner, give home a bumper contract with a release clause, sell for £3m in jan and give the manager £1.5 to replace him. Then again, I’m not a crazy, yellow toothed old man
  • If I was the owner, give home a bumper contract with a release clause, sell for £3m in jan and give the manager £1.5 to replace him. Then again, I’m not a crazy, yellow toothed old man
    For an owner so obssessed with cash he doesn't seem to understand how contracts work - letting the contracts of valuable players run down is madness.
    For an owner so obssessed with cash he doesn't seem to understand how contracts work - letting the contracts of valuable players run down is madness.
    It's so obvious isn't it. If we are going to move on young players quickly, at least get full value. 
  • It has to be a good sign that Aribo is waiting until Friday to meet with LB. That’s the mindset of a player who might be willing to stay if he gets the right offer.

Yes I’m straw clutching. Can’t see us offering even half of the 20k p/w he’d be rumoured to get at Rangers.
    Fingers crossed but at the very least I hope Bowyer says " Scottish league, really????" 

• Strikers need service - so replacing those midfielders we have lost should also be a priority surely?
  • addick05 said:

Strikers need service - so replacing those midfielders we have lost should also be a priority surely?
    Yeah that was my worry reading that... Our Midfield currently consists of:

Aribo (?) | Lapslie | Morgan | Pratley | Forster-Caskey (?)

Cant see many goals being created from them; Morgan and Forster-Caskey are your obvious choices
  • Sponsored links:

• addick05 said:

Strikers need service - so replacing those midfielders we have lost should also be a priority surely?

Cant see many goals being created from them; Morgan and Forster-Caskey are your obvious choices
    Yeah, but patience ...... surely we still need to bring in at least half a dozen senior players?

It'll be a good few weeks yet before our squad properly takes shape.

• SamB09 said:
    Good point @Redrobo, Aribo struggled in the Doncaster home match in front of 25k, how many do Rangers get, 40-50k? 

Quite probable that Aribo just didn't have the best game and nothing to do with the crowd. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    addick05 said:

Yeah, but patience ...... surely we still need to bring in at least half a dozen senior players?

It'll be a good few weeks yet before our squad properly takes shape.

Need more than half a dozen, I would say 10 (keeper, LB, 2XCB, 4 Midfielders and 2 strikers) and that's with Aribo staying. 
  • All gone quiet today...
  • Very quiet...

• Shhhh, I’m listening...
  • DA9 said:
    It has to be a good sign that Aribo is waiting until Friday to meet with LB. That’s the mindset of a player who might be willing to stay if he gets the right offer.

Yes I’m straw clutching. Can’t see us offering even half of the 20k p/w he’d be rumoured to get at Rangers.
    There is no way on gods earth he would be getting 20k p/w at Rangers, not even sure morellos gets anything like that 
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4374845/rangers-joe-aribo-20k-a-week-deal/
  • Maxwell, Bauer, Purrington, Bielik, Cullen, Aribo, Williams, Reeves, Marshall, Fosu, Parker, Vetokele all need replacing ideally.

We can have a maximum of 5 loanees in the squad, so we need 7 more players, almost all on free transfers. 

Worst comes to worst we sign 4 and 3 spaces are filled in by makeshift players and youth (Sarr or Solly playing left back, Wassim Ouchiwawa ((or however you spell it)) and Stevenson getting on the bench regularly)
  • edited June 2019
    :under the Rat the problem is ANYONE in the Championship and a good bit of Div 1 can out bid us on wages,signing on fees etc so if any of our targets are out in the public domain then we will be out bided .Nitemare of one persons making
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    DA9 said:
    It has to be a good sign that Aribo is waiting until Friday to meet with LB. That’s the mindset of a player who might be willing to stay if he gets the right offer.

There is no way on gods earth he would be getting 20k p/w at Rangers, not even sure morellos gets anything like that 
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4374845/rangers-joe-aribo-20k-a-week-deal/
    A million a year ........ I bet Aribo feels like he's won the lottery.

• Scoham said:
    Slightly worrying that we had tried to get him to sign a new contract last season and that never happened
  • Apparently he didn't want play the first game of last season.
  • Redhenry said:
    Apparently he didn't want play the first game of last season.
    What's the story, morning glory?

• Jonny Williams wants to sign for us.

• Oggy Red said:
    Redhenry said:

Interest from Blackburn and wanted to leave.
  • Redhenry said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Redhenry said:

Interest from Blackburn and wanted to leave.
    Ah You're back on Bauer
  • Valley11 said:

Jonny Williams wants to sign for us.

I’m sure he does, if he has no other offers.... injury prone, so won’t be many other suitors after an equally stop start 6 months at Charlton in League 1. 
  • Redhenry said:
    Are we talking about Bauer here?