Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Montenegro v England - Tonight 7:45pm k/o

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Strange game really. I don't actually think we've played particularly well yet we've scored 5 away from home and are absolutely strolling it. The confidence of this side must be sky high, and we surely stand a strong chance of winning all 8 qualifiers.

I reckon this is what it felt like to be German for about 30 years.
    England of a few years ago we'd still be 1-0 down and sitting on the edge of our sofas as we watch them loft aimless balls into the box
  • Options
    Strange game really. I don't actually think we've played particularly well yet we've scored 5 away from home and are absolutely strolling it. The confidence of this side must be sky high, and we surely stand a strong chance of winning all 8 qualifiers.

I reckon this is what it felt like to be German for about 30 years.
    I’m not sure even the best German teams scored 5 that regularly 
  • Options
    We've scored 10 goals without really getting out of 2nd gear, very pleasing to watch
  • Options
    From Sterling's reaction there, is he getting abuse from (home) crowd? Racist?
    Ian Dennis on Five Live said there were racist chants aimed at Danny Rose early on 
  • Options
    Why did Clive Tyldsley need to say that he hasnt heard any racist abuse, in regards to Sterlings celebration, why assume Sterling did that cos of racial abus
  • Options
    Some great forward passes by Henderson since he came on, he’s really improved that aspect of his game
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    A lot of people have been moaning about lack of game time given to Foden at City, but Guardiola clearly knows what he’s doing with young players. I’m sure the long term plan will benefit both player and country. 

Not been able to watch the last two games, but Sterling sounds like he’s been unplayable.
  • Options
    Stupid England... Ruining this break a bit with these two late bookings, absolutely no need for them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 pointless bookings for Henderson and Rose
  • Options
    Can’t see why they only gave us 650 tickets with all the empty seats in the home end.

I’ve also heard more intimidation at M K Dons. You know football is becoming sanitised when places like this are dead.

i was there in 2012 and they were lobbing fireworks at us and trying to get at us from the pitch at the end.

Another clinical and encouraging performance.
    Apparently they have had a few big fines for the fireworks and flares so it seems to have worked. Ive not been to an england away game other than that shity game in dublin 1995 enough to put me off. Wish i had been to a few of these  eatern european countries tho it looks a good away trip. 
  • Options
    Yeah no racism my arse!!... Why has Sterling gone and done that if not!!

• Options
    Harsh from the interviewer to pick up Hudson-Odoi on his lack of concentration for their goal... Not for him to comment on

Callum on the other hand is like Sancho and so relaxed and laid back when answering questions
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    The great thing was, I don't think we were firing on all cylinders and still won 5-1 away. The two teams we have scored 5 against are not San Marinos either!
  • Options
    An enjoyable International break!? must be a sign the world is about to end
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loved Southgate's answer when asked about Hudson Odoi
  • Options
    I'll say this quietly, but I'm quite enjoying watching England play these days.
  • Options
    Harsh from the interviewer to pick up Hudson-Odoi on his lack of concentration for their goal... Not for him to comment on

Callum on the other hand is like Sancho and so relaxed and laid back when answering questions
    Yeah, he was a prick in both interviews. Like he was trying too hard. Just a poor mans Elton Welsby.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Yeah, he was a prick in both interviews. Like he was trying too hard. Just a poor mans Elton Welsby.
    Yeah not a fan of Gabriel Clarke in the slightest
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Rice been fairly neat, but when he does make a mistake he wins it back. 

Ali can be great but when he’s gash he’s really gash, like tonight.
    Delle Ali is becoming a luxury for the national team, in fairness he has been injured for a while so I wont be any harsher than repeating my view that he is an outfield version of David James 

Working on instinct he is wonderful, at least capable of wonderful things. Given half a second to think, he will make a bad decision
    I think thats a bit harsh. I think he is a better footballer than ross berkley he is just not in form and not fully fit. Him and Lingard were pretty good in the world cup and like you say instinct was evident. Its good we have a few options up top now  
    He's a different footballer to Barkley, I did say he has been injured for a while and I like Delle Ali, I just think these last 2 games have passed him by. He's still only a very young man so plenty of time for him to evolve. He does make me wince when he has more than one touch though as his second is often a tackle 
  • Options
    We had the odd sloppy moment at the back, but were pretty well unplayable at the other end. That Kane fella has been watching Lyle Taylor, dropping deep and playing people in, and very effective at it.
  • Options
    I'm a bit gutted James Ward-Prouse didn't get a bit more game time, I think he is absolutely class
  • Options
    My full-strength injury free England team would be 

Heaton (don't rate Pickford personally)

Walker Stones Gomez Chillwell 

Alli Henderson Lingard

Sterling Kane Sancho

Subs: Pickford, Maguire, Trippier, Dier, Hudson-Odoi, Barkley, Rashford
  • Options
    Excellent display of attacking football - a joy to watch at times. I've never seen an England side attack with such pace.

Neither Czech Republic or Montenegro are pushovers and to put ten goals past them is no mean feat. Previous England sides would never have done this.

We can improve at the back but for now I'm just happy to watch England play in such a flowing style.