Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Montenegro v England - Tonight 7:45pm k/o

Comments

• Options
    Still felt at ease after they scored. England played in cruise control and stepped up when needed to show who is boss on the pitch. But I would have loved it if they stuck 10 past them. And this was a second string team. I think exciting times are ahead of us. It’s coming home...!
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Still felt at ease after they scored. England played in cruise control and stepped up when needed to show who is boss on the pitch. But I would have loved it if they stuck 10 past them. And this was a second string team. I think exciting times are ahead of us. It’s coming home...!
    Not sure how good they can be but for once I'm enjoying watching England play flowing football - that's a first. 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Carter said:
    Rice been fairly neat, but when he does make a mistake he wins it back. 

Ali can be great but when he’s gash he’s really gash, like tonight.
    Delle Ali is becoming a luxury for the national team, in fairness he has been injured for a while so I wont be any harsher than repeating my view that he is an outfield version of David James 

Working on instinct he is wonderful, at least capable of wonderful things. Given half a second to think, he will make a bad decision
    I think thats a bit harsh. I think he is a better footballer than ross berkley he is just not in form and not fully fit. Him and Lingard were pretty good in the world cup and like you say instinct was evident. Its good we have a few options up top now  
    He's a different footballer to Barkley, I did say he has been injured for a while and I like Delle Ali, I just think these last 2 games have passed him by. He's still only a very young man so plenty of time for him to evolve. He does make me wince when he has more than one touch though as his second is often a tackle 
    Absolutely hes a different footballer than Barkley but the formation England are playing id say in the big games it would be choice beteween the two. Deli Ali for me,when fit is a better footballer. Ross Barkley still dont convince me, he seems to have 2 months a season when hes amazing and scoring and creating and then does fuck all for the rest. Hopefully he is maturing and improving but i am not convinced yet.
  • Options
    France score 4 in both their matches, they will continue to be the team to beat
  • Options
    We scored 5 in both ours tho. Agree France still the team to beat but we are going to be  one of the favs for Euros
  • Options
    We scored 5 in both ours tho. Agree France still the team to beat but we are going to be  one of the favs for Euros
    Home advantage may give us the edge. Where England score is the sheer number of players coming through, especially in attacking areas which means we can cope with injuries in most positions better? Their first team is mighty impressive though

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47701055
  • Options
    Injury to Mbappe or Kane would be disaster for both teams but i see what you mean about we could cope better. 
  • Options
    Football is suddenly fun again. Club and country. 
  • Options
    Why did Clive Tyldsley need to say that he hasnt heard any racist abuse, in regards to Sterlings celebration, why assume Sterling did that cos of racial abus
    So from this we can basically assume that Tyldesley is deaf, given that Sterling has confirmed he received racist abuse.
  • Options
    We may not be the best team but we're finally enjoyable to watch and are playing flowing football. There seems to be a 'team' ethic.

Our teams of the past have had supposed 'big' names yet much of the football has been poor and technically we've been very weak. We could barely string two passes together and failed to keep possession.

I'm just enjoying watching us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The England teams of old would've faltered after the first goal went in. They would've tensed up and stopped playing. What confidence we have now.

Thought Rice looked like the holding midfielder we've always wanted.

I do wonder how Alli keeps getting into this team. He is so anonymous. As someone else said, he's a luxury. Can't just have him hanging out in the box and not doing much else. 

Hudson-Odoi was fantastic. Second youngest England starter ever and he goes and plays like that. What a shame you can't fit Sancho, CHO, Sterling and Kane in the same side. 

• Options
    Scoham said:

hard place to go, locals that will make it quite hostile, many of the locals have been out nicking england flags all weekend and posing with them upside down in sports directs finest. 

certainly a lot more buzz about the national side, even had texts off mates asking if anyone fancies a pint and watched the game something you only used to get when it was the major tournaments, i really enjoy watching the national side and think it has a decent future, will only be getting the czech republic away game this year due to other bits and pieces on.
    Not sure why people always think education is the answer. In my experience if people are racist, they’re racist. I don’t know what you can teach them that can change that.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Scoham said:

hard place to go, locals that will make it quite hostile, many of the locals have been out nicking england flags all weekend and posing with them upside down in sports directs finest. 

certainly a lot more buzz about the national side, even had texts off mates asking if anyone fancies a pint and watched the game something you only used to get when it was the major tournaments, i really enjoy watching the national side and think it has a decent future, will only be getting the czech republic away game this year due to other bits and pieces on.
    Not sure why people always think education is the answer. In my experience if people are racist, they’re racist. I don’t know what you can teach them that can change that.
    apologies but why have i been quoted? 
  • Options
    do think it was a bit early for hudson odoi or maybe i'm just out of touch but the player has made 8 chelsea apps in 2 years!! its nearly as ridiculous as wilshere going to the euros after 3 apps for arsenal in the 15/16 season
  • Options
    Harsh from the interviewer to pick up Hudson-Odoi on his lack of concentration for their goal... Not for him to comment on

Callum on the other hand is like Sancho and so relaxed and laid back when answering questions

totally agree, literally no need for him to comment on that at all
  • Options
    Ruthless
  • Options
    I think stealing and holding a flag upside down is meant to be an insult in the strange world of hooligans
    Do they not realise that without the wording / club badges that the England flag is the same way round whatever way you hold it?
    Oh no it isn’t!
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Scoham said:

apologies but why have i been quoted? 
    No idea. Something wrong with the new quote function.
  • Options
    totally agree with all of the above, except for Maguire...there's just something about him (too slow etc, always looks to be seconds away from a mistake).......Gomez and Stones will be No 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beauty with Maguire though is your comfortable having him | Stones | Gomez in a back three together again - 4-3-3 seems the favoured formation for Southgate yet the players he's got as his disposal means he could probably play anything he wanted!!
  • Options
    For the first time in my lifetime i think we have 2 (and in some positions more), good players for every single position.

Pickford/Heaton/Pope

Walker/TAA/Trippier
    Stones/Keane
    Gomez/Maguire
    Chilwell/Rose/Shaw

Rice/Henderson/Dier
    Barkley/Ward-Prowse/Winks
    Alli/Lingard/Oxlade-Chamberlain/Loftus-Cheek

Sancho/Hudson-Odoi
    Sterling/Rashford

Kane/Wilson/Vardy
  • Options
    From that list I think you can probably forget Vardy (all but retired) and Pope (I think this injury has ruined his chance); the latter I'd replace with Jack Butland or even Angus Gunn / Dean Henderson from the U21s

Also wonder how Oxlade-Chamberlain will get back into the team, same with Lallana
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    i had it taught out of me @JaShea99 and plenty others probably have too. But let's not take this thread off at that tangent when there's another more relevant more threads.
  • Options
    Yeah, quote is not working properly!
  • Options
    What a difference a year makes.
    Sterling was bottom of the ratings in every game he played for England in the World Cup. Yet bizarrely Southgate, kept picking him despite him going nearly 3 years and 20 plus matches without scoring and playing poorly.
    Sterling at long last is showing his City form for England and has matured as a footballer and as a person. 

Must be getting even more cynical than normal, but my first reaction was to wonder whether the abuse was coming from the home or away fans. (Chelsea fans do follow England ?)

It's enjoyable watching England now, but any class international side would take apart an England defence of Walker, Rose, Keane, and the erratic Pickford. Plus is Dier good enough ? (No)

Gomez, Stones, Maguire, Trent-Arnold, Chilwell and the improving Rice could all be ready soon to form that strong defensive unit. Heaton would be my number 1 at present.

• Options
    Rice looked really mature, composed and accomplished. A level above Dier and will now hopefully continue to keep him out. Really don't rate Alli in an England shirt either, and Chilwell far better than Rose. Not purposely anti-Spurs, just how I see it. As for Kane? He's simply an incredible footballer and leader. I remember seeing him on loan at Norwich a few times; can't believe it's the same person now! 
  • Options
    From that list I think you can probably forget Vardy (all but retired) and Pope (I think this injury has ruined his chance); the latter I'd replace with Jack Butland or even Angus Gunn / Dean Henderson from the U21s

Also wonder how Oxlade-Chamberlain will get back into the team, same with Lallana
    Ox is still a good player though, if he finds form next season when he returns he'll surely be in the squad. Also forgot Foden, he will likely be in the squad soon enough.

Also was very impressed with Tomori at centre back for the under 21s last week, if he gets a premier league loan next season i think he'll be in the squad next season too.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    For the first time in my lifetime i think we have 2 (and in some positions more), good players for every single position.

Pickford/Heaton/Pope

Walker/TAA/Trippier
    Stones/Keane
    Gomez/Maguire
    Chilwell/Rose/Shaw

Rice/Henderson/Dier
    Barkley/Ward-Prowse/Winks
    Alli/Lingard/Oxlade-Chamberlain/Loftus-Cheek

Sancho/Hudson-Odoi
    Sterling/Rashford

Kane/Wilson/Vardy
    Vardy has “retired” from International Football. At least until the 2020 Euros when I’m sure he will make himself available for selection. 
  • Options
    The way Barkley played, I'd put him ahead of Dele and Lingard at the moment, but things can change very quickly. Loftus-Cheek and Chalobah for example have both slipped down the order