Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football facts that don't sound true (but are)

Comments

• Options
    We did the double over Millwall more recently than they did the double over us. Millwall haven’t taken 6 points from us in a season since 92/93
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    A Championship club has transferred ownership twice in one season and that could rise to potentially 3-4 times in a single 12 month period. Astoundingly the first 2 transfers (one in full ownership and another in change of shareholders of the holding company) could be void by the EFL and a challenge brought about by some old directors owed monies from a sale many years before.
    I don't believe that one.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Willian is the first Premier League player to score in every month of the year.

This stat was brought to you in association with @ForeverAddickted
  • Options
    Tomer Hemed is paid £’000s every week to play football as a professional. 🤪
  • Options
    As of our 10 draws so far this season, 7 of them have been against the current top 6. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    As of our 10 draws so far this season, 7 of them have been against the current top 6. 
    And we are are unbeaten in the league against the current top 6
  • Options
    In 1998 AIK Stockholm won the Swedish league despite scoring the fewest goals (25) in the entire division.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Allsvenskan
  • Options
    Between them, Gianluigi Buffon, Peter Shilton and Stanley Matthews have made at least one first-team appearance in every season since 1931-32.

From Richard Jolly on Twitter.
    If you do John Goodell, Steve Bloomer, Billy Walker, Stanley Matthews, Peter Shilton and Gianluigi Buffon you go right back to 1888 in 6 players! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton have never beaten Millwall by more than two clear goals.

Millwall have beaten Charlton by three or more goals on seven occasions

( 4-1 at The Valley in 1926; 3-0 at The Den 1926; 5-0 at The Den in 1928; 6-0 at The Den in 1931; 4-1 at The Valley in 1933; 3-0 at Selhurst Park in 1988; and 4-0 at The Den in 2010.)
  • Options

( 4-1 at The Valley in 1926; 3-0 at The Den 1926; 5-0 at The Den in 1928; 6-0 at The Den in 1931; 4-1 at The Valley in 1933; 3-0 at Selhurst Park in 1988; and 4-0 at The Den in 2010.)
    You should mention that we've never beaten you by two clear goals in competitive games

We beat you 4-0 in that pre-season friendly when we were a Premier League side
  • Options

Bloody miserable day that was.  Christian Dailly playing i think.  Kept in for ages.

Still at least we atoned for it with all the heroic and glorious wins in the subsequent decade.
  • Options
    I remember when we did the double over Millwall in a season but did not know any of there fans to mention it to. I am sure LB remembers the first game well
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I remember when we did the double over Millwall in a season but did not know any of there fans to mention it to. I am sure LB remembers the first game well
    Scored in the second as well.  Was the day after we signed Chris Malkin. 
  • Options
    Charlton have never beaten Millwall. And they never will.
  • Options
    We did the double over Millwall more recently than they did the double over us. Millwall haven’t taken 6 points from us in a season since 92/93
    I needed someone to blame, well done!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That post didn’t age well 
    Fair play 
  • Options
    Fair play 
    Closest I’ll come to a piss take on here tonight 😉. 

Not the time or place.  
  • Options
    Fair play 

Not the time or place.  
    Better team today mate. First time we have played a team since the restart that really wanted to beat us. We have flattered to deceive. 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Fair play 

Not the time or place.  
    Better team today mate. First time we have played a team since the restart that really wanted to beat us. We have flattered to deceive. 
    I thought first half we dominated. Second half was a more even affair. Heads dropped when we scored though, and you never looked like getting back in to it after that. 
    I still think you’ll be alright. Those last three results are going to prove priceless for you. 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Fair play 

Not the time or place.  
    I thought first half we dominated. Second half was a more even affair. Heads dropped when we scored though, and you never looked like getting back in to it after that. 
    I still think you’ll be alright. Those last three results are going to prove priceless for you. 
    Hmmm I wouldn’t say dominated. I thought you were slightly on top, proof of that being we had to match up formation wise. I’d say you were the better side between 10-35 mins. Bonne had the best chance of the half. Second half I thought you had more of the ball again but in danger areas it was fairly even. You took the scabby chance, we didn’t.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    ct_addick said:
    Fair play 

Not the time or place.  
    Hmmm I wouldn’t say dominated. I thought you were slightly on top, proof of that being we had to match up formation wise. I’d say you were the better side between 10-35 mins. Bonne had the best chance of the half. Second half I thought you had more of the ball again but in danger areas it was fairly even. You took the scabby chance, we didn’t.
    Yeah wouldn’t disagree too much with that but that period between 10 and 35 we did pass it around with ease for long spells, just lacked to cutting edge up front. Could’ve had a couple of pens in that period also and definitely should have had one when Smith was pulled to the ground. They was all over him for most of the game but the ref let everything go, as soon as smith put his hands on a Charlton player though the ref blew. Not complaining as the result went our way, but was frustrating to watch 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Fair play 

Not the time or place.  
    Yeah wouldn’t disagree too much with that but that period between 10 and 35 we did pass it around with ease for long spells, just lacked to cutting edge up front. Could’ve had a couple of pens in that period also and definitely should have had one when Smith was pulled to the ground. They was all over him for most of the game but the ref let everything go, as soon as smith put his hands on a Charlton player though the ref blew. Not complaining as the result went our way, but was frustrating to watch 
    Refs are clueless with that sort of stuff, but it happens so much you’d be looking at 5 pens again with consistency applied. It’ll never stop with no VAR. The Lockyer one on him would of been a pen in the prem for sure. Anyway, there were enough shit displays from our own rather than the ref, so I won’t take the thread off subject any longer. Enjoy the usual 3 points.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Fair play 

Not the time or place.  
    Refs are clueless with that sort of stuff, but it happens so much you’d be looking at 5 pens again with consistency applied. It’ll never stop with no VAR. The Lockyer one on him would of been a pen in the prem for sure. Anyway, there were enough shit displays from our own rather than the ref, so I won’t take the thread off subject any longer. Enjoy the usual 3 points.
    👍
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Fact: every Charlton fan that has never seen us beat Millwall will claim they were at the 2006 friendly as its the only way we can ever say we witnessed it
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    The record for being unbeaten between the spanners & us is 35 years and is held by Charlton.

However, I'm not that stupid enough to say that won't be beaten.