Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bielik - is he staying?

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2019
    In all honesty, it has to be down to whether Arsenal have room for him in their first team squad. They will want him playing games somewhere if he is not playing games there and now we are in the Championship, there is probably no better place for him to play.
  • Options
    Don’t PL rules state a maximum squad size of 25 with 8 home grown players ? 
    I’m assuming Cullen qualifies as home grown but Bielik ? Would there be 8 home grown players ahead of Cullen at West Ham ? I’m sure there would be at Arsenal if that applies to Bielik. 
    Bielik counts as home grown because he joined Arsenal before he was 18 like someone like Maynard-Brewer would with us. 
  • Options
    I’m assuming Cullen qualifies as home grown but Bielik ? Would there be 8 home grown players ahead of Cullen at West Ham ? I’m sure there would be at Arsenal if that applies to Bielik. 
    Bielik counts as home grown because he joined Arsenal before he was 18 like someone like Maynard-Brewer would with us. 
    Thanks. As good as both Cullen and Bielik have been for us I just can’t see either being part of either West Ham’s and Arsenal’s 25 even considering both are home grown. I doubt there was a snowball in hells chance of keeping either if we had lost yesterday as both will be in Championship squads next season. After yesterday I think we have a decent shout. Perhaps we have a slightly better chance with Krystian.
  • Options
    Arsenal don't have many home grown players, and will lose Ramsey and Welbeck so this could be a reason for keeping him
  • Options
    Thanks. As good as both Cullen and Bielik have been for us I just can’t see either being part of either West Ham’s and Arsenal’s 25 even considering both are home grown. I doubt there was a snowball in hells chance of keeping either if we had lost yesterday as both will be in Championship squads next season. After yesterday I think we have a decent shout. Perhaps we have a slightly better chance with Krystian.
    Agreed although I think Cullen might get a shot to at least show what he can do in pre-season. With Bielik I can’t see how he is going to fit in at CM with Torreira, Xhaka, Eleny and the young french lad whose name I won’t try to spell. 
  • Options
    Agreed although I think Cullen might get a shot to at least show what he can do in pre-season. With Bielik I can’t see how he is going to fit in at CM with Torreira, Xhaka, Eleny and the young french lad whose name I won’t try to spell. 
    But then his natural position is at CB where Arsenal have been rubbish for years. Whether he's good enough defensively for the PL is the question though
  • Options
    Arsenal don't have many home grown players, and will lose Ramsey and Welbeck so this could be a reason for keeping him
    True ..... but Arsenal will no doubt add other British 'home growns' already proven to replace them.
    Managers of top 6 Prem clubs  don't usually like to take a chance on young players in their 25 squad, unless already proven at a top level.

In any case, Beilik would probably benefit from a full championship season before Arsenal would include him in their 25.

• Options
    There's a massive jump from League 1 to Premier and both players need a season in the Championship.
    Bielik at best would be on the bench  at Arsenal and Cullen would benefit from a season in the  champ to prove he can make the step up.
    My Arsenal mate thinks he’d get a run out in Europa League and League Cup matches. Maybe FA Cup too. But he thinks if they win on Wednesday they’ll want to spend big, so might not need him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went on an Arsenal forum to see what they think about this.
    Apparently his contract is up next summer, so the only way they’d loan him to us for the year is if he signs an extension first.
    If he doesn’t extend, they think they’ll sell him, not loan him.
  • Options
    Also, they seem to be split on whether he’ll:
    a) Make their first team squad this year
    b) Make their first team squad. Ever.
    Seems they rate him, but not that much.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    We do love a defensive midfielder loan from arsenal don't we. Song, Coquelin and now Bielik all developed really well being here. Pretty sure arsenal fans never expected Song or Coquelin to play so many first team games, could end up being the same with Bielik but think he needs a full season in the championship first. With us of course. 
    How can you have forgotten the legend that was Emanuel Frimpong?

Oh, I think I've answered my own question there .............
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Will they want a loan fee, will they want a contribution to wages, will we have an owner that will fund the loans.

I suspect  Cullens priority is to get in Pellegrinis plans so we may not know about him until very late in tne window.

Wonder if we could get DaSilva back!
    Dasilva is signing a permanent deal at Bristol City

Kasey Palmer might be worth an attempt to get back at the Valley though...
    I rate Purrington higher than Da Silva. Hope we resign him next year....in addition to Bielik.

Expect Cullen will fancy his chances of getting in the west ham side.
  • Options
    I expect Arsenal will get offers in the £5M-£10M range for him, probably from abroad. Depends on whether or not they look to cash in. We will need to wait and see before we begin planning on keeping him as we could only possibly hope for another loan agreement.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Talal said:
    We do love a defensive midfielder loan from arsenal don't we. Song, Coquelin and now Bielik all developed really well being here. Pretty sure arsenal fans never expected Song or Coquelin to play so many first team games, could end up being the same with Bielik but think he needs a full season in the championship first. With us of course. 

Oh god yeah had totally forgotten about him. Well we're not miracle workers. 
  • Options
    Purrington and Dasilva are completely different Left-Backs for me

Ben is the type where you want to play a 4-4-2 in whatever way you want

Jay on the other hand is the player you typically want involved when your playing three at the back, has the pace and trickery to get forward but can also get back if in trouble
  • Options
    Purrington and Dasilva are completely different Left-Backs for me

Ben is the type where you want to play a 4-4-2 in whatever way you want

Jay on the other hand is the player you typically want involved when your playing three at the back, has the pace and trickery to get forward but can also get back if in trouble
    I agree but ironically we did it the other way round. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Off_it said:
    Talal said:

Oh god yeah had totally forgotten about him. Well we're not miracle workers. 
    Jesus himself couldn’t have performed a miracle on Frimpong. He was one dreadful player!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went on an Arsenal forum to see what they think about this.
    Apparently his contract is up next summer, so the only way they’d loan him to us for the year is if he signs an extension first.
    If he doesn’t extend, they think they’ll sell him, not loan him.
    How much realistically, is he worth?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    On transfermarkt he is worth 1.8 million, sometimes players go for ten times their value on that site. 

Also says he is out of contract this summer when I've heard different so it's not all too reliable 

I would say he wants to be here personally, his post match comments screamed that. To get him I could see it being around the 2/3 million mark with a buy back clause at least
  • Options
    Hopefully he'll have a shite time in Italy with Poland U21s this summer... If he goes on to have a good tournament with them then we wont stand a chance of getting him back
  • Options
    There is no way Arsenal will sell him unless they are sure he won't make it with them. I expect Emre will watch him in pre-season and make a decision and we will have to be there waiting for that. 
  • Options
    He initially signed for Arsenal in January 2015, so highly likely he has extended his contract in the meantime, given that four year deals seem to be the standard.
  • Options
    If we can keep Bielik or Cullen it would be amazing. Personally can only see one or the other.. but hopefully the good work we've done with them might open doors to have other youngsters in from them. 

By the sounds of it our midfield could be completely ripped apart if rumours around Williams and Aribo are to be believed too - I'd personally take Cousins back on a free straight away for starters
  • Options
    signing Bielik, either perm or temp must be a priority from any available money for transfers .. 
    Williams on another short term deal and Purrington perm should also be well up the agenda.
    Aribo ? .. will be hard to keep him if a richer and/or prem club come calling for him.
    I have the feeling that West Ham will be  grooming Cullen for the 'Noble role' for when he (Mark Noble) finally packs it in
    Sign Taylor to a 5 year deal and offer Bauer more than any suitor could afford, though after Sunday, I feel confident he will stay where he is beloved and appreciated
  • Options
    He initially signed for Arsenal in January 2015, so highly likely he has extended his contract in the meantime, given that four year deals seem to be the standard.
    According to Transfermarkt, it runs until June 2020 but according to this article it's 2021

http://dailycannon.com/2018/11/krystian-bielik-opens-up-on-his-future-at-arsenal/
  • Options
    According to Transfermarkt, it runs until June 2020 but according to this article it's 2021

http://dailycannon.com/2018/11/krystian-bielik-opens-up-on-his-future-at-arsenal/
    I would love to transfer him in permanent. Worth a couple mil+ for sure. The right age. Great size. I think he might have a future at Arsenal though, so I think the best we can hope for is one more year as a loan.
  • Options
    Cullen had said before the final that he'd be returning to West Ham for their pre-season tour.