Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bielik - is he staying?

Comments

• Options
    I would love Krystian back.

His 45 minutes against Portsmouth at The Valley was one of the most accomplished I've seen by a player in a Charlton shirt.

And he could step right in to Paddy's shoes.
    NO, HELL NO

He's fine in front of defence or as part of a defensive three but when he played as part of a back four he was more error prone. 

(Though this could be my mind playing tricks)
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    This site says Bielik makes £25,000 per week from Arsenal, which is one of the lowest wages on their team. What do you think we would have to pay of this wage (if true) to get him back? £5000/week?

• Options
    This site says Bielik makes £25,000 per week from Arsenal, which is one of the lowest wages on their team. What do you think we would have to pay of this wage (if true) to get him back? £5000/week?

Given what we've done with Coquelin, Song and Bielik, Arsenal should be paying us to take their players on loan. 
    Interesting that all 3 are (or have played as) defensive midfielders
  • Options

Given what we've done with Coquelin, Song and Bielik, Arsenal should be paying us to take their players on loan. 
    You're forgetting the goal machine - Sanogo.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    The wage money is peanuts for Arsenal. If they decide he is not ready for their squad, they will probably want to loan him to us and watch him at the higher level. I think they may want to have a look at him before making a decision as a case can be made he can do it in the Premier League, but our location, Bielik's development and indeed the views of the player himself will be important factors that help us if they decide to loan.
  • Options

I believe Arsenal expect the loan club to pay a proportion of a loanee's wages, the amount depending on whether he plays regularly or not.

Do I remember reading that, for example, Sanogo when he was loaned to Charlton, had a sliding scale of loan fees ..... his costs to Charlton reduced proportionately to the number of !st team appearances he made for us?

Perhaps someone better informed than me, can add more?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

I believe Arsenal expect the loan club to pay a proportion of a loanee's wages, the amount depending on whether he plays regularly or not.

Do I remember reading that, for example, Sanogo when he was loaned to Charlton, had a sliding scale of loan fees ..... his costs to Charlton reduced proportionately to the number of !st team appearances he made for us?

Yes, that's what I recall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I would love Krystian back.

His 45 minutes against Portsmouth at The Valley was one of the most accomplished I've seen by a player in a Charlton shirt.

And he could step right in to Paddy's shoes.
    NO, HELL NO

He's fine in front of defence or as part of a defensive three but when he played as part of a back four he was more error prone. 

(Though this could be my mind playing tricks)
    Your mind is playing tricks. As a centre-back he was virtually flawless
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Chris Parkes told Bromley Addicks that we started out payin his full wage but that reduced by 20% of the full wage every time he played so after five games he was free.

Gallen said that what Arsenal liked with Bielik was that he played lots of games, unlike at Birmingham.
    I think they would have been pleased with the style of football we play too. I doubt they'd want their loan players going to a club which plays a physical, long ball style as that wouldn't be a good grounding for the Arsenal team.
  • Options
    Any chance of changing the thread title.
    He left when his loan ended,, that's the way it works.
    He was never staying.
    Maybe if we are lucky we will get him back on loan 
    Hehehe, a flying pig
  • Options

Did we improve Song?
  • Options
    Think we gave all these a run in the team which they weren't getting at Arsenal. Whether we improved them I don't know.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Did we improve Song?
    Came to us 6 months or a year after joining Arsenal, then broke into their team the season after he returned to them, went on to sign for Barcelona.

Clearly can only be our influence.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    iaitch said:
    Think we gave all these a run in the team which they weren't getting at Arsenal. Whether we improved them I don't know.

We gave them experience and an opportunity to build up some self-belief which they would have been short of by not being in the first team at Arsenal and we did so without them having to leave the Capital or change the red and white 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Chris Parkes told Bromley Addicks that we started out payin his full wage but that reduced by 20% of the full wage every time he played so after five games he was free.

Gallen said that what Arsenal liked with Bielik was that he played lots of games, unlike at Birmingham.

Interesting.

For a bit of fun.....based on £20k/week;

Say he joined us Fri 10th August; don't know the exact date;

Looks like his 5th game was 20th October (1st game = 18th Aug, 21st Aug, 25th Aug, 1st Sept & 5th game = 20th Oct)

Week ending 17th Aug = £20,000 (full wage)

24th Aug = £12,000 (less 2 games)

31st Aug= £8,000 (less 3 games)

7th Sept = £4,000 (less 4 games)

14th Sept = £4,000

21st Sept = £4,000

28th Sept = £4,000

5th Oct = £4,000

12th Oct = £4,000

19th Oct = £4,000

26th Oct = Free

Total = £68,000

* The games played might not be right!

** The weekly wage might not be right!

*** The start date is a bit of a guess!

**** Did we have to pay him while he had that injury break Sept/Oct?

****** I might have f*cked up the calcs!

Whatever way you calculate, it looks a fantastic deal for Charlton. OK...might not have been so good if he was crap but he was brilliant!

Just shows the complex juggling act that managers have to play sometimes with loans. Do we play him while he's a bit injured to knock off one game? But does the risk of getting stuck with an injured wage earner outweigh any temptation to play him?

• Options
    Simonsen said:

Interesting.

For a bit of fun.....based on £20k/week;

Say he joined us Fri 10th August; don't know the exact date;

Looks like his 5th game was 20th October (1st game = 18th Aug, 21st Aug, 25th Aug, 1st Sept & 5th game = 20th Oct)

Week ending 17th Aug = £20,000 (full wage)

24th Aug = £12,000 (less 2 games)

31st Aug= £8,000 (less 3 games)

7th Sept = £4,000 (less 4 games)

14th Sept = £4,000

21st Sept = £4,000

28th Sept = £4,000

5th Oct = £4,000

12th Oct = £4,000

19th Oct = £4,000

26th Oct = Free

Total = £68,000

* The games played might not be right!

** The weekly wage might not be right!

*** The start date is a bit of a guess!

**** Did we have to pay him while he had that injury break Sept/Oct?

****** I might have f*cked up the calcs!

Whatever way you calculate, it looks a fantastic deal for Charlton. OK...might not have been so good if he was crap but he was brilliant!

Just shows the complex juggling act that managers have to play sometimes with loans. Do we play him while he's a bit injured to knock off one game? But does the risk of getting stuck with an injured wage earner outweigh any temptation to play him?

As you say, no guarantees it's accurate ....... but interesting seeing it laid out like that, Simonsen.

You get a 'like'.

• Options
    In his post above, Simonsen speculates that over the season, Beliek's cost to Charlton was £68,000.

We are, of course, assuming that's still the Arsenal method of receiving some remuneration when loaning out their Development players to other clubs ..... a little incentive to ensure their player gets games.

Other clubs often ask for a 'loan transfer fee' up front or paid in instalments through the duration of the loan period.

Anyone care to speculate on how we compensated other clubs for Steer, Cullen and Purrington?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    on the telly this lunchtime .. Derby v WBA .. terrific game .. Bielik was immaculate as a conventional 5 in a flat back 4 .. 10 Million well spent by Derby .. interview with KB in today's 'Sun' 
  • Options
    Out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.
  • Options
    Out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.
    Shame for the lad. Did well for us.

Even tried his best to show his fondness for Charlton, by getting sent off for Derby so early.

• Options
    Derby being in trouble for FFP having spent 10m on bielik does rankle 
  • Options
    Rankle? Or have they got their just desserts?
  • Options
    Well I mean it annoys me that they may have got bielik instead of us getting him on loan again by cheating ffp
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    10m and now out injured. Has he been as good for them as he was for us? Appreciate its a division higher. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    10m and now out injured. Has he been as good for them as he was for us? Appreciate its a division higher. 
    My Derby mate hasn't been impressed. For £10m they are expecting the finished article, which he isn't. Excellent player but Derby have massively over paid. 
    They have also been playing him as a CB which he isn't. 

A very good player but worth £10m? Not in a million years