Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bielik - is he staying?

Comments

• Options
    I suspect both Cullen and Bielik will move on for fees. Both done enough to be on the radars of other clubs with some sensible money available. Neither quite going to make it into the 25 for their respective clubs. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I don't know. The performances of both may encourage West Ham and Arsenal to extend by a year or two and then see how they go in the Championship. We ought to be well placed if that happens. They are still very young and that jump looks possible for them both. I'm sure Bowyer will be telling their clubs something similar.
  • Options
    Bielik scores for Poland under 21 against Italy, now live on Sky Football & Sky Main Event.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Bielik scores for Poland under 21 against Italy, now live on Sky Football & Sky Main Event.
    Watching this game I actually did a fist pump when he scored 
  • Options
    Bielik is 2 years younger than Cullen, I'm sure Arsenal will want to sign him up on a longer contract as he could be a regular for them in a year or two
  • Options
    Bielik seems to be impressing this summer, could mean Arsenal might want to extend his contract and send him on loan again rather than potentially sell him on now with a year remaining on his contract.
  • Options
    Said he’s not going back to the Arsenal U23’ if that’s the case it will be another loan and he’ll go for nothing next year, or they’ll cash in.
    if they sell we are stuffed 
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    Said he’s not going back to the Arsenal U23’ if that’s the case it will be another loan and he’ll go for nothing next year, or they’ll cash in.
    They'll give him a fat 4 year contract and a promise that if he isn't in the first team squad he can go out on loan
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Poland U21s come a long way since Polish Pete's two appearances.
  • Options
    Imo the best footballer we have had at the club in ages 
    Fully agree, he is a future star. 
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    They'll give him a fat 4 year contract and a promise that if he isn't in the first team squad he can go out on loan
    The first year of which is with us :smiley:
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    CafcSCP said:
    Coquelin was the bitch...

He was playing for us and pulling up trees.

Wenger was talking about letting him go.

Then Wiltshier got injured, (again!) and Arsenal recalled him.

The rest, as they say, is history...
  • Options
    Class player, would love him back, his stock seems to be rising with this Under 21 tournament, 2 impressive performances against good sides, will be a struggle to get him back
  • Options
    At the rate Bielik is going with his performances, for us and now for Poland, the chances of him being back next season is very, very slim.

Having Bielik and Cullen back next season would be the greatest bit of business we could do this summer, if possible at all.
  • Options
    I think it would be a ridiculous call if Arsenal do not try to extend him. Pointless buying him in the first place if so - Has shown he can potentially be a good player for them in a year or two,
  • Options
    I think he could do it at arsenal now 
  • Options
    That is my biggest worry. They may want to have a very good look at him in pre-season.
  • Options
    Imo the best footballer we have had at the club in ages 
    Without a shadow of a doubt.

i think his size, touch and ability could see him push into their first team this season. It’s a big step up but Guendouzi played plenty of games for arsenal and on current evidence I don’t see a huge difference. 

Be a miracle if he comes back here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he doesn't make the Arsenal first team squad we would be the best option for him so it will probably come down to that.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    If he doesn't make the Arsenal first team squad we would be the best option for him so it will probably come down to that.
    Unless a lower Prem, promotion chasing Champ or top tier Spanish/German club come in for him offering him first team football, which isn't that unlikely.

Arsenal may even prefer that he goes elsewhere to gain experience playing under a different manager and in a different league.

I can't see us getting him back. Cullen I think we might have a chance.
  • Options
    This is where I think we may have missed one of Bowyer's tricks. What I would say is play a style like the premier teams play and it is easier to get these players. If their loans are deemed successful, that counts for a lot too.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Unless a lower Prem, promotion chasing Champ or top tier Spanish/German club come in for him offering him first team football, which isn't that unlikely.

Arsenal may even prefer that he goes elsewhere to gain experience playing under a different manager and in a different league.

I can't see us getting him back. Cullen I think we might have a chance.
    The biggest risk may be a PL struggler wanting him, a Norwich, Brighton or Sheffield United
  • Options
    That unfortunately is not true. There are a couple of decent clubs in European leagues that have been in contact with Arsenal for the past few months who are prepared to pay a sizeable fee for a permanent transfer. 
  • Options
    But surely Arsenal didn't sign him to sell him. He looks like he could be a bit of a player.
  • Options
    How on earth could Beilik get in the Arsenal team over the silky skills of Zhaka and Kolasinic,the pace of Mustafa,the aeriel dominance of Koscielmy,and of course the never say die attitude of the biggest waste of space in English football Ozil.
  • Options
    Surely Arsenal will offer him a new deal and then loan him out again.

Can't imagine they'll want to sell him yet as he's only 21 could easily make it there, but at the same time he's probably not ready for their first team just yet.
  • Options
    Bielik is a big talent but for me he's prone to overplaying and taking risks - once he cuts that out he can definitely play at the top level. Some of his football has been a joy to watch.
  • Options
    How on earth could Beilik get in the Arsenal team over the silky skills of Zhaka and Kolasinic,the pace of Mustafa,the aeriel dominance of Koscielmy,and of course the never say die attitude of the biggest waste of space in English football Ozil.
    I think Ozil is a great player. he's just not that interested in football