Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Comments

• Kane Williamson isn't bad at all is he. 
  • NZ win by 4 wkts, 3 balls remaining.
  • Looks like one more win may be enough for England now.
  • Top four look nailed on now. Could be a few dead matches coming up. That's one of the downsides of this format.
  • edited June 2019
    Desperately need Bangladesh to beat Australia tomorrow, both for the obvious reason but also to give some excitement for the remainder of the group stages which looks almost settled already.
  • This stage had the potential to be exciting or unexciting. Sadly it has turned out to be the latter. All it needed was a few teams fighting for the fourth spot. Bangladesh have the points to if they went on a run, but they are Bangladesh. The others look cut adrift.
  • Aus 102-0  17.4 overs v Bangladesh
  • What a beautiful sight.

Warner gets it smack in the bollocks.
    Aus 212-1 36  overs
    Warner 110 no.
  • Kane Williamson isn't bad at all is he. 
    i hope England take note of his favourite shot - the dab to third man - cut that out and then he has to look elsewhere to rotate
  • 313-2  44.2

Warner 166 & out.
    Yes the same Warner that the commentators criticise every match for being out of form.
    I hope he doesn't find his form.
  • Sponsored links:

• AUS imploding a little - 3 wickets in last 6 balls. From looking like they would get 400+, 375 looks more likely - still, obviously a significant score.
  • Finish on 381-5
  • What a beautiful sight.

Aus 212-1 36  overs
    Warner 110 no.
    You can watch it in from 4 different angles here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/cricket/48708379

• Soumya Sarkar run out 10   brilliant fielding by Finch

25-1
  • MrOneLung said:
    What a beautiful sight.

Aus 212-1 36  overs
    Warner 110 no.
    You can watch it in from 4 different angles here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/cricket/48708379

Thanks, highlight of the WC so far.
  • Been some good games, but a dreadful format. They'd better not go anywhere near this again. A ten-team round robin will always result in so many dead fixtures
  • Leuth said:
    Been some good games, but a dreadful format. They'd better not go anywhere near this again. A ten-team round robin will always result in so many dead fixtures
    But you are more likely to get the best four teams contesting the semis in this format especially with inclement weather during the course of the group stage.

No one can seriously argue that England, India, Australia and New Zealand aren't the best four teams by a country mile whereas we might have had say England, India, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and Afghanistan in one group of five and Australia, Pakistan, South Africa, West Indies and Bangladesh in the other. And the best four teams would not have got through.
  • Leuth said:
    Been some good games, but a dreadful format. They'd better not go anywhere near this again. A ten-team round robin will always result in so many dead fixtures
    But it gives Indian TV and all the Indian sponsors 9 guaranteed matches featuring India and lessens the chance of freak weather or a freak loss knocking out India...

Did I mention India enough?
  • Leuth said:
    I think the format is superb. Everyone plays everyone else. I'd make one change though. Instead of the top four going through to semis the to eight should go through to quarters. That way there will still be incentives in every match. And it only adds one match per team. 
  • Chizz said:
    Leuth said:
    I think the format is superb. Everyone plays everyone else. I'd make one change though. Instead of the top four going through to semis the to eight should go through to quarters. That way there will still be incentives in every match. And it only adds one match per team. 
    No way, play for roughly 1 month, just to eliminate 2 teams. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    Leuth said:
    But it eliminates dread rubbers
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Leuth said:
    But it eliminates dread rubbers
    Then you could also get England knocked out by eg Pakistan in the quarters.
  • edited June 2019
    I would have the top six go through. First and second get semi final guaranteed. Third plays sixth, four plays fifth.

Eliminates dead rubbers much better than either the current format or the format suggested.
  • Bang 293-4

Need 89 from 32.
  • 302-6

Courter-Nile on a hat trick.
  • 72 from 18. It was never gonna happen.
  • 60 from 12.
  • 60 from 12.
    It's on:(
  • Mushfiqur at least gets his 100
  • Mushfiqur 102 no

Aus win by 48 runs.