Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Comments

• 202-9

31 from 26 Stokes smashing the runs
  • 30 from 25
  • 30 from 24 Stokes on strike.
  • Runs aren't an issue but huge pressure on Stokes. Only need 1 of Woakes or Rashid to hang around for a couple of overs and would have been ok. 
  • 26 from 22
  • Not good enough
  • The result the tournament needed tbh, but that was certainly a botch-job from all bar Stokes
  • edited June 2019
    Wood out
    Stokes 82 no

SL win by 20 runs
  • "The World Cup is boring as the top 4 will qualify easily"

England: Hold my beer
  • edited June 2019
    Doing it the hard way now!  Still should make the semis though.  Just.
  • Sponsored links:

• The only winners in the England camp today were Roy and Stokes. We are really going to need to set a total against India because our chasing has been abysmal.
  • edited June 2019
    Root was fine scored 50 & took a wonderful catch.
    Bowlers did well enough.
    Vince, Morgan, Buttler & Ali didn't produce.
    Bairstow got a jaffer.
  • Strange batting display
  • The bowlers didn't bat very well!
  • Absolutely stupid batting. Still expect England to get through, too good to lose all 3 games left but need Roy back and Buttler to find some form. 
  • I would drop Ali and play Curran at 7
  • Root was fine scored 50 & took a wonderful catch.
    Bowlers did well enough.
    Vince, Morgan & Buttler didn't produce.
    Bairstow got a jaffer. missed a straight one.

• Why is Ali always the scapegoat? He bowled a terrific spell and was clearly under instructions to play his shots. County top six batsmen Woakes and Rashid could hardly have been expected to fold to a part time offspinner 
  • Anyway, Worst Shot award surely goes to Archer 
  • edited June 2019
    the slightest hint of quality or fight in the opposition and this crop of superannuated charlatans piss their knickers and betray their utter lack of backbone
    when the squeeze came none of the thieving "senior" players bar Ben Stokes took an ounce of responsibility
    gossamer characters trading on ''there's always someone else who will get us over the line''
    balderdash and piffle
    favourites for the cricket world cup?  makes me puke
    they're as up to that job as the helmet is up to running an English football club and with all the integrity of a tory party leadership candidate

"playing smart cricket?" - christ knows if they've collectively got the grey matter, that won't matter a bugger all the time they lack any of the chutzpah
    just about a rabble of flat track bullies, on a good day
    Aussies and India won't be losing a moment's sleep about this phoney piss weak dog and pony show
    Pakistan and Sri Lanka ain't gonna get close to winning this but they've both had plenty in hand over Morgan's muppets
  • Sponsored links:

• Yay. A Thundercock special. Just what we all needed 
  • Chizz said:
    Bowlers did well enough.

Tbf Malinga is the only bowler I've seen live, where I couldn't actually see the ball, after it left his hand (side on).
  • Sadly, seen it all before.....
  • Leuth said:
    Why is Ali always the scapegoat? He bowled a terrific spell and was clearly under instructions to play his shots. County top six batsmen Woakes and Rashid could hardly have been expected to fold to a part time offspinner 
    Agreed but when was the last time Ali played a decent innings? And he may be more economical than Rashid for the most part but he averages less than a wicket per match at nearly 50. 
  • the slightest hint of quality or fight in the opposition and this crop of superannuated charlatans piss their knickers and betray their utter lack of backbone
    when the squeeze came none of the thieving "senior" players bar Ben Stokes took an ounce of responsibility
    gossamer characters trading on ''there's always someone else who will get us over the line''
    balderdash and piffle
    favourites for the cricket world cup?  makes me puke
    they're as up to that job as the helmet is up to running an English football club and with all the integrity of a tory party leadership candidate

"playing smart cricket?" - christ knows if they've collectively got the grey matter, that won't matter a bugger all the time they lack any of the chutzpah
    just about a rabble of flat track bullies, on a good day
    Aussies and India won't be losing a moment's sleep about this phoney piss weak dog and pony show
    Pakistan and Sri Lanka ain't gonna get close to winning this but they've both had plenty in hand over Morgan's muppets
    I agree with the sentiment.
    We're certainly not showing the Aussies never say die attitude.
  • Chizz said:
    Bowlers did well enough.

Tbf Malinga is the only bowler I've seen live, where I couldn't actually see the ball, after it left his hand (side on).
    I can't see it when Moeen Ali bowls.  Especially in the late afternoons... 

*hic*
  • Play on a 350+ pitch, we win

Play on a stodgy pitch we struggle

How we do in the knockout phase might depend on what the pitch is like
  • Thought our days of getting Malinga’d were over. Guess not.
  • Leuth said:
    When we've beaten Australia, NZ and India, all of this will have been forgotten ;)
    Until we have to play Australia, NZ or India again.