Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Comments

• Afghanistan game has potential.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Afghanistan game has potential.
    60 needed of 9 overs. 
    Could be close 
  • 167-6  41.5 Afghanistan
  • 193-7  32 from 24
  • Ooooo he's hit a 6

25 from 21
  • Going to be very close 
  • 24 from 3 overs 
    Come on Afghanistan 
  • 24 from 18
  • 23 from 16
  • 21 from 12
  • Sponsored links:

• 16 from 6
  • Something very satisfying about watching India go mad after beating Afghanistan.

Tournament is so open.
  • 213-8   12 from 3
  • 213-9  12 from 2
  • Oh well fun while it lasted 
  • 213 all out, a hat trick for Shami.
  • Absolutely classless from their fans. My 'anyone but Australia' has been upgraded
  • It's interesting that this last week has produced more close finishes than the earlier matches. I wonder if the stodgier pitches (after the rain) have helped even things out
  • Great effort by Afghanistan.
  • When I were a lad the Aussies & WI were the big teams.
    I even recall Pakistan being far stronger than India who were distinctly average.
    It was the WI fans who used to dominate at The Oval & Lords and maybe elsewhere.
    I don't recall a strong Indian support.
    Am I right ?
  • Sponsored links:

I even recall Pakistan being far stronger than India who were distinctly average.
    It was the WI fans who used to dominate at The Oval & Lords and maybe elsewhere.
    Am I right ?
    Plenty of Indian supporters. 
    But you are correct the Windies supporters dominated. 
    Am I right ?
    The Oval was the W Indies main ground. Not sure about the other grounds, but the W Indies cricket team was a real source of pride to the local communities.

India always had elegant batsmen and good spinners, but until Kapil Dev had rubbish pace options. Until they won the 83 WC, they were happy to watch slow Test matches on flat Asian pitches, where the likes of Gavaskar would slowly accumulate big centuries, but after that win things turned around so that limited overs cricket became dominant there.
  • Munro drops the big man twice in one over
  • Good fun seeing Gayle dropped three times, then hit double sixes.
  • I should be so Lockie
  • Big man taken by Grandhomme!
  • Man alive, how close was that?
  • What a finish!
  • I gave up on this game when Gayle was out. Just flicked back to it and saw the last two balls. Amazing finish.
  • A number of games have nearly caused upsets, it's only England who have actually lost them...