Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Comments

• If rain stops at 7 play will start on time but BBC currently showing rain till 9am. The ground will be covered but it's all the prep that needs to be done, that usually starts at 7am. 
  • The latest forecast on the local news, looks good if the rain is gone by 7am, I think there will be a chance of starting on time.

It should be a great game and a win for England, would gives us a lot of confidence for the rest of the tournament, have a  good day all those going

• edited June 2019
    Riviera said:
    If rain stops at 7 play will start on time but BBC currently showing rain till 9am. The ground will be covered but it's all the prep that needs to be done, that usually starts at 7am. 
    Thanks, what I thought.
    Trouble is if there's lightning around the ground staff probably won't be out at 7am.
    ITV local news shows rain finishing at 5am.
  • Bangladesh after 2 wins in a row are now just 1 point behind us although they have played a game more.

However in this (in my opinion) ridiculously long drawn out format, they now don't play again for 8 days before facing India and then Pakistan.
  • Going to my first England game since WG Grace made his debut. Normally only go to Canterbury and Beckenham or Lords if the mighty Kent are playing, I better move my arse as assumed they would Start at least an hour late ! We've had 12 hours of rain in the Surrey hills and thought Lords had the same.
  • Steady rain all night but not rained in NW London for an hour or two. With the brilliant drainage and reasonable temperatures I'd expect play to start on time or soon after
  • Steady rain all night but not rained in NW London for an hour or two. With the brilliant drainage and reasonable temperatures I'd expect play to start on time or soon after
    Ditto. I'm leaving in half an hour.
  • "Great news from Lord's, play starts on time!"

15 minutes later

"And that's the 3rd wicket gone as Root edges behind for 5"
  • Thanks lads, thanks CL.
  • Sponsored links:

• Winning the toss today could well settle the result. 
    Damp pitch that has been covered for the past couple of days  (Rob Key just said ).
    Overcast conditions. 
    The first hour will be a batsmans nightmare in my opinion. 
    Win the toss and win the match.
  • Wouldnt fancy Archer steaming in at me on a damp wicket after its been covered! 
  • Wouldnt fancy Archer steaming in at me on a damp wicket after its been covered! 
    Or facing Starc

Pretty gloomy outside at the moment too
  • Archer fit to play after morning  test on a side injury.  
  • England win toss and bowl. Big win that. 
  • A must win toss and must bowl first, so muggy in London, the ball will be swinging round corners you would have thought.
  • England win the toss :)
  • No surprise, they're going to field first.
  • FFS, my brain is clearly on some kind of delay!
  • Could do with Jimmy or Willey in those conditions. Get Warner early and we should restrict them to under 250. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Could do with Jimmy or Willey in those conditions. Get Warner early and we should restrict them to under 250. 
    Woakes with the new ball could be dangerous as he's more of an English style bowler
  • Slightly surprised Plunkett isn't playing. First game for Garry, in place of the mediocre Zampa.
  • East Croydon 9.40, in my seat by the 4th ball of 1st over.

Game on.
  • need a wicket

lost our review as 'umpires call'
  • Got a couple of close lbw shouts there
  • MrOneLung said:
    need a wicket

You keep the review if it's umpires call
  • MrOneLung said:
    need a wicket

Wrong. We retained it.
  • The rub of the green going against us at the moment
  • Could easily have had three wickets but Australia getting a good foothold here. Get one though and others could follow quickly. 
  • Need a wicket here, we seem to be bowling well just not getting that bit of luck.