Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Comments

• McBobbin said:
    MrOneLung said:
    need a wicket

lost our review as 'umpires call'
    You keep the review if it's umpires call
    MrOneLung said:
    need a wicket

lost our review as 'umpires call'
    Wrong. We retained it.
    Cool, thanks.
  • We're in big trouble here.
  • They've been so so lucky...
    You just know we'd have been 15-3 had they put us in.
  • Disastrous first hour really.
  • Maybe we can actually chase a score down this time. Bairstow can’t go early or we are in trouble.
  • This is painful.
  • edited June 2019
    I fear this is one of those days when England chasing a decent total will crumble for about 150. It just has that feel about it. 
  • Total waste of the new ball.
    Pitch the bloody thing up.
  • Dont get the logic in playing Ali- we have a seamer friendly wicket, four quicks already and he always plays like a demented rabbit in games such as these. 
  • Aussies will get 350 here & England will be out fo less than 250
  • Sponsored links:

• Aussies will get 350 here & England will be out fo less than 250
    I’m liking that post because I agree with you, not because that’s what I want to happen. 
  • Up against it that’s for sure, can’ believe we could possibly be going out of the competition at such an early stage.....we are favourites FFS!!!
  • It's a knockout

for England.
  • Not any more, I'd wager!

Still think we go through just by beating NZ, which is easier said than done
  • This is a bit depressing, at least give us a couple of wickets to be hopeful. Looks like they are cruising, I hope when we chase 350 we have a real good go and just go for it!
  • Warner goes to Ali. At last!
  • A man who shouldn't be playing gets the breakthrough
  • Collapse coming.........maybe, pretty please?
  • Hopefully Khawaja will play one of his slow and dull innings and waste plenty of overs
  • Would have had Finch there too with actual boundary sizes. Same for both sides I guess
  • Sponsored links:

• The opening bowlers were consistently too short and Morgan just lets them get on with it.
    Then when the batsmen start finding their timing and a few gaps captain Morgan moves the field defensively, to protect the bowlers' bad bowling.  The ball was doing a bit, 4 bowlers have genuine pace but the sap lets the Aussies off the hook.  Yes Aus had a stroke or two of good fortune but rather than pressurising them while they're struggling, they're given time and space to find a way.  The fact that they accumulated at a fairly steady rate suggests that scoring freely ain't straightforward at all.  If Warner's wicket isn't followed by another within 3 overs the game is gone.  Morgan's muppets lack either guile or gumption, Roy's absence is significant, partnerships will not be built in testing conditions.  The margin of defeat will be large.
  • I've said it before and I will say it once again, Buttler is not good enough with the gloves
  • Been sloppy in the field, the pressure getting to England
  • I've said it before and I will say it once again, Buttler is not good enough with the gloves
    Burns for me.
  • The opening bowlers were consistently too short and Morgan just lets them get on with it.
    Then when the batsmen start finding their timing and a few gaps captain Morgan moves the field defensively, to protect the bowlers' bad bowling.  The ball was doing a bit, 4 bowlers have genuine pace but the sap lets the Aussies off the hook.  Yes Aus had a stroke or two of good fortune but rather than pressurising them while they're struggling, they're given time and space to find a way.  The fact that they accumulated at a fairly steady rate suggests that scoring freely ain't straightforward at all.  If Warner's wicket isn't followed by another within 3 overs the game is gone.  Morgan's muppets lack either guile or gumption, Roy's absence is significant, partnerships will not be built in testing conditions.  The margin of defeat will be large.

Do love an optimist.
  • edited June 2019
    Up against it that’s for sure, can’ believe we could possibly be going out of the competition at such an early stage.....we are favourites FFS!!!
    People forget that we got to number 1 in the rankings with an opening pairing that was usually Hales and Roy. Neither of whom are there. Vince and Bairstow isn't quite the same.
    Burns for me.
    Bairstow for white ball and Foakes for Tests should be the solution (providing Root is prepared to bat at 3 that is)
    Burns for me.
    That was a joke btw 
    Burns for me.
    That was a joke btw 
    Can't tell with you Surrey boys!

Wow I think we have been very unlucky, seems a bit over the top. We haven't been firing but also could easily have had a few earlier wickets, seems they have been getting away with a bit with where the ball is bouncing in the field.

Butlers mis-stump was criminal though