Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Comments

• Nice little comeback building here
  • Stokes is looking good. Poor 1st hour for England. But Typical response on CL by throwing the towel in early doors.
  • Finch will be kicking himself after that.  Gets his 100 then holes out next ball.
  • Jim Maxwell sounds a bit drunk on TMS
  • Jim Maxwell sounds a bit drunk on TMS
    Just sang Dream Lover
  • 310 is roughly what I've said we need to chase amongst mates. Anything more than that is a bit tall - we've generally agreed that a chase of 310-330 would be a cracking prospect.
  • Not convinced by  Stoinis, did nothing for Kent last year!
  • Tough but would be great to restrict them to 300ish 
  • Love a comedy run out
  • Comedy gold.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great chance if we can keep them below 300, looked like they were going to get 330 min but now we have pulled it back a bit. Could be a great game on our hands
  • Wood hitting his stride
  • Sandpaper Smith holes out
  • Really don't get not bowling Stokes more - his 5 overs have only gone at 3 an over
  • Really don't get not bowling Stokes more - his 5 overs have only gone at 3 an over
    Absolutely and now bowling Archer who's not fit and going round the park.
  • Come on England, I'm working from home today, so need to send out a random, previously drafted email to appear busy.

Already been to daughter's sports day, and had to take part in the dad skipping race. It's a "mixed" intake so was left standing by a few highly athletic Africans and 20 year old tradesmen. Had to settle for the private battle between me and and the ancient IVF dad, which I lost.
  • Considering how poorly England bowled in the first 20 over this has been a really good comeback. 
    330 plus looked on the cards earlier on.sandpaper boys cocked it up big time. 
    Absolutely and now bowling Archer who's not fit and going round the park.

Agree Archer has struggled today, not really bowling great lines and might be down to his injury it would have been better bowling him less in hindsight.
  • Superb comeback from us, they've finished about 50 short of what i though they were going to get.

At 173-1 in the 33rd over with Finch in and Smith and Maxwell to follow i thought they'd be getting 330-340.

To restrict them to 285-7 is good for us.

No idea why we didn't let Stokes bowl more overs though.
  • 286 to get. Normally a doddle for us, but our chasing has been questionnable this WC
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm very surprised. We've brought this back really well and think we're in with a huge chance now.
  • England have done very well there.  Very getable target 
  • McBobbin said:
    286 to get. Normally a doddle for us, but our chasing has been questionnable this WC
    I'd be confident if we had Roy and Hales.
  • I've no idea how good that 285 is!

Based on the first half of the innings, 285 is a low score. Based on how they struggled in the second half, it seems a decent score.
  • CHGCHG
    edited June 2019
    We will find out if 285 is a good score in about 3 1/2 hours...
  • Vince just not good enough at international level
  • Get fit soon Roy.
  • Off to a good start
  • Hales you twat.
  • How does this man still get in the side.