Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Comments

• Judging by today's two results "dead rubbers" are anything but "dead rubbers".
  • Astonishig innings by Brathwaite.

SA v PAK today at Lords 
    PAK won toss and are 50-0 off 7.3
  • 88=1 off 16
  • I hate Kohli, such an oboxious fucker, and so far up his own arse he matches 1or 2 on this forum.

India captain Virat Kohli has been fined for his "aggressive" approach to an umpire during their 11-run win over Afghanistan in the Cricket World Cup.

Kohli has been docked 25% of his match fee and given one demerit point for breaching level one of the ICC code of conduct, for "excessive appealing".

The 30-year-old admitted the charge after advancing towards umpire Aleem Dar when appealing an lbw decision.

Kohli now has two demerit points on his record, after receiving one for aggressive behaviour towards umpires during a Test match against South Africa in Pretoria in January 2018.

Level one breaches carry a maximum punishment of a 50% match fee deduction and two demerit points. If a player accrues four demerit points within a 24-month period, they will receive a ban.

• It would be interesting if Kohli picked  up 2 more demerit points in the WC and was banned from the final

Would the ICC have the guts to do that though...
  • Amla is having a good tournament............
  • Pakistan 308
    SA 62-1   15
  • Why did AB de Villiers retire?  What's the *real* story?
  • Shocking WC by the Saffers
  • Can England get through the group?

Going to be tough with the remaining opponents.
  • Sponsored links:

• If Roy isn't fit for Tuesday then we should push Moeen up to open. He would be far more effective teeing off from the start especially with the early fielding restrictions, then Vince could bat 5 or 6 and come in when there maybe less pressure or play either Curren, Dawson or Plunkett at No.8 after Woakes which would also give us another bowling option.  
  • I think 6 bowlers are more enough, especially with Root being able to bowl a few overs. 

We don't need to panic, we have answered most questions asked over the last few years (in limited overs cricket anyway). I still believe we will make the semi-finals. 
  • Looking at the net run rates, you would imagine 1 more win would see us through. 
  • Probably get 1 point Tuesday due to the weather. 
  • I think 6 bowlers are more enough, especially with Root being able to bowl a few overs. 

We don't need to panic, we have answered most questions asked over the last few years (in limited overs cricket anyway). I still believe we will make the semi-finals. 
    I'm not saying we need more bowlers, my point is about using Moeen's batting more effectively, he doesn't seem to perform well when things are tight. 
  • If anything out squad seems like a batsman short, as we've got Curran and Dawson in our squad who are unlikely to play
  • Riviera said:
    I think 6 bowlers are more enough, especially with Root being able to bowl a few overs. 

I'm not saying we need more bowlers, my point is about using Moeen's batting more effectively, he doesn't seem to perform well when things are tight. 
    You mentioned playing another bowler in place of Vince, which gives us 4 batman and 7 bowlers (excluding Root). I get what you are saying about Ali, but this has been tried and he isn't good enough. 

I don't think we should be making changes to get the best out of Ali, he's not a good enough batsman to warrant doing that. 
  • Moeen opening in Roy's absence isn't a bad call. He gets out caught on the rope a lot so he'd have a better chance of not falling this way 
  • But really let's hope Roy gets fit tbh
  • Personally would rather leave Ali at 7. It's possible we may need him to do a job there later in the tournament. 

Imagine him coming in to open and scoring a ton but still struggling at 7!
  • Sponsored links:

• Whoever opens will have to be able cope with Starc. Indeed this WC has shown that the best fast bowlers are still massive weapons in this format
  • Leuth said:
    But really let's hope Roy gets fit tbh
    Shock and horror. 
    Leuth cheering on a Surrey player.
    The world is certainly changing. 
  • Probably get 1 point Tuesday due to the weather. 
    Bloody hope not, we're going.
    Rain is forecast to stop around 1pm.
  • Riviera said:
    I think 6 bowlers are more enough, especially with Root being able to bowl a few overs. 

You mentioned playing another bowler in place of Vince, which gives us 4 batman and 7 bowlers (excluding Root). I get what you are saying about Ali, but this has been tried and he isn't good enough. 

I don't think we should be making changes to get the best out of Ali, he's not a good enough batsman to warrant doing that. 
    I said Vince could bat lower OR add another all-rounder.
  • Riviera said:
    Riviera said:

I said Vince could bat lower OR add another all-rounder.
    Yes and replacing Vince with an all rounded would give us 7 bowlers like I said above. I never said you stated it was the answer. You raised it as a possibility, I gave my opinion that this is too many bowlers. 

Not quite sure how relevant the 'OR' is, you put it forward as an option. 
  • edited June 2019
    Tuesday weather looks better than it did, will certainly have some play but maybe a reduced overs match.
  • So Roy could be out for the rest of the tournament. 

When do we panic?
  • Laddick01 said:
    So Roy could be out for the rest of the tournament. 

When do we panic?
    Not worth risking him tomorrow as it's not do or die, we might as well give him 5 extra days to try and recover for the India match.
  • He has been batting in the nets at Lords. Will not play tomorrow but hopeful to be ready for India at the weekend. 
  • Lords drys pretty quick doesn't it ?
    If the heavy rain stops at 7am, how long do people reckon it will take to be ready for the start ?
    We're trying to decide what to do for tomorrow.
    We'll probably meet up Baker Street and have breakfast & beers, but no point getting there too early if play won't start until early afternoon.
    Obviously playing it by ear.