Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Comments

• I think the Aussies are going to win it, doing nothing spectacular atm but their still winning and will get stronger as the tournament goes on.
  • jondon76 said:
    I think the Aussies are going to win it, doing nothing spectacular atm but their still winning and will get stronger as the tournament goes on.
    I think India are the best team in it. But them or Oz to win it. 
  • Vince not doing his hopes of an Ashes spot much good either
  • Roy and Plunket are big misses. 
  • edited June 2019
    A shambolic batting display. 
    Showed how flaky this team actually is. Obviously never been a fan of Moeen and think that if Curran had played instead of him we probably would have won.

Moeen and Vince out and Curran and Roy in but know it wont happen (well, the Curran bit anyway). 
  • edited June 2019
    The problem now is that if we do qualify it is likely as 4th and likely v India in semis
    England fucked it up again. 
  • The problem now is that if we do qualify it is likely as 4th and likely v India in semis
    England fucked it up again. 
    If we do come 4th then the semi will be at Old Trafford though which will probably suit us better than Edgbaston where the other semi if being played, as Edgbaston is more of a slow spinners surface
  • the slightest hint of quality or fight in the opposition and this crop of superannuated charlatans piss their knickers and betray their utter lack of backbone
    when the squeeze came none of the thieving "senior" players bar Ben Stokes took an ounce of responsibility
    gossamer characters trading on ''there's always someone else who will get us over the line''
    balderdash and piffle
    favourites for the cricket world cup?  makes me puke
    they're as up to that job as the helmet is up to running an English football club and with all the integrity of a tory party leadership candidate

"playing smart cricket?" - christ knows if they've collectively got the grey matter, that won't matter a bugger all the time they lack any of the chutzpah
    just about a rabble of flat track bullies, on a good day
    Aussies and India won't be losing a moment's sleep about this phoney piss weak dog and pony show
    Pakistan and Sri Lanka ain't gonna get close to winning this but they've both had plenty in hand over Morgan's muppets
    the slightest hint of quality or fight in the opposition and this crop of superannuated charlatans piss their knickers and betray their utter lack of backbone
    when the squeeze came none of the thieving "senior" players bar Ben Stokes took an ounce of responsibility
    gossamer characters trading on ''there's always someone else who will get us over the line''
    balderdash and piffle
    favourites for the cricket world cup?  makes me puke
    they're as up to that job as the helmet is up to running an English football club and with all the integrity of a tory party leadership candidate

"playing smart cricket?" - christ knows if they've collectively got the grey matter, that won't matter a bugger all the time they lack any of the chutzpah
    just about a rabble of flat track bullies, on a good day
    Aussies and India won't be losing a moment's sleep about this phoney piss weak dog and pony show
    Pakistan and Sri Lanka ain't gonna get close to winning this but they've both had plenty in hand over Morgan's muppets

OTT from StigT but his diatribe contains a lot of worthy opinion .. we lack the class of the Indian team and the grit, determination and bloody mindedness of the Aussies and Kiwis
  • India 64-2   14.2 overs v Afghanistan
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought we only had to win one more game, but Sri Lanka was that game! Still, if we make it, having an edge on the games we play may help us.
  • If we lose to all of Australia, India and NZ, do we really deserve to be a) in the semi-finals and b) regarded as 'the best one-day team in the world'?

This was a blip. Still completely in our hands.
  • 123-3    26 overs
  • 149-4   34.3
  • Leuth said:
    If we lose to all of Australia, India and NZ, do we really deserve to be a) in the semi-finals and b) regarded as 'the best one-day team in the world'?

This was a blip. Still completely in our hands.
    Win the next five games and there won't be any doubt. 
  • 194-5  45 overs
    Good game.
  • Great bowling performance from Afghanistan  especially as India won the toss and decided to bat.
  • 224-8   50 overs.
    Best I've ever seen Afghanistan bowl (not that i'm an Afghan expert).
    I'd like to think they've got a good chance here, but India will probably roll them over.
  • Afghan 20-1 6.3
  • Afghanistan’s kit looks like Spider-Man is at the crease. 
  • Sponsored links:

• 61-1   16 overs
  • 64-2    16.5
  • They can do this, you know. Whether they will or not is another matter. But this from India is roughly equal (so far) in its embarrassment to England yesterday. International cricket isn't as easy as it looks!
  • Would love Afghanistan to win. They've just lost a third wicket though. 
  • I hate Kohli, such an oboxious fucker, and so far up his own arse he matches 1or 2 on this forum.
  • This is where Afghanistan fall in a heap, alas
  • Told you
  • Ian Gould has give the guy not out, then gone to third umpire with soft signal of out  !!!!!
  • 140-5  37

India looking very likely winners.
  • Sheldon Cottrell is brilliant - love him.