Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Comments

• If Roy and Bairstow give us a good start we win.
    Lose a couple of wickets we lose.
    Simple as. 
  • Weather looks awful for tomorrow in Manchester but a lot better for Wednesday. Wouldnt if be better all round if they just forget tomorrow instead of everyone turning up & sitting in the rain waiting for it to clear.....and then waiting for the ground staff to dry the outfield. 
  • These are one off games. India have been the best team so far and as always expect England to choke. However, wouldn't be surprised if England and New Zealand made the final.
  • johnny73 said:
    These are one off games. India have been the best team so far and as always expect England to choke. However, wouldn't be surprised if England and New Zealand made the final.
    If it was T20 i'd say yes NZ have a chance but in the longer format, class usually tells in the end, with the West Indies being a perfect example. India to win easily for me.

Our game is 50-50 and it seems like the weather is going to play a major factor. Disappointing that Khawaja and Stoinis are injured as they've been 2 of their worst players. You just know the replacements will come in with a major point to prove and play a blinder 
  • Matthew Wade coming in for Khawaja would make life very difficult for us I am afraid.  He has been the best batsman here for the last year in all formats virtually.  Only not picked due to age but could come in for the semi and change the game.  I hope they still leave him out and bring in Hanscomb.  We shall see
  • Weather looks awful for tomorrow in Manchester but a lot better for Wednesday. Wouldnt if be better all round if they just forget tomorrow instead of everyone turning up & sitting in the rain waiting for it to clear.....and then waiting for the ground staff to dry the outfield. 

Forecast I have just seen, is nowhere near that bad, just a chance of some rain
  • NZ in to bat, which is probably what they needed to give them a chance. Can't live with Bumrah however, Guptill out 1/1 from four overs! No idea what the weather is like, but that's not exactly a flying start
  • McBobbin said:
    NZ in to bat, which is probably what they needed to give them a chance. Can't live with Bumrah however, Guptill out 1/1 from four overs! No idea what the weather is like, but that's not exactly a flying start
    The one and only thing Guptil did do for NZ is use up India's review - given that he's been a "walking wicket" in this tournament I am hoping that Kohli's decision to review will come back and bite him big time!
  • 83-2    25

Williamson 36 from 62
    Taylor 7 from 23
  • 94-2 first boundary since the 14th over
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm going to predict New Zealand will make 230.
  • I'm going to predict India will win this game & would say they are favourites for the World Cup.
  • I'm going to predict New Zealand will make 230.
    Sounds about right, but they could make 250+ if these two stay in for another 10 overs, need to start scoring though and quick. 
  • 134-3  35.2

Williamson 67
  • NZ playing a perfect test match innings here.
  • 162-4    41
  • 211-5   46.1
    Light drizzle stops play
  • Are NZ interested in winning this game......seem to be showing little or no intent if you ask me.
    If I was a NZ fan i’d not be at all happy with their limp wristed showing thus far.
  • New Zealand are 211/5 after 46.1 overs. It's raining.  So, if that's the end of the NZ innings, India's target will be 237 off 46 overs. 

Try explaining that to an American. 
  • Simple  -it reflects the fact the Kiwis missed out on the end of innings acceleration so takes that into account by reviewing the stats from a couple of thousand historic games.
  • Sponsored links:

• It feels unsatisfactory for such an important match.
  • So the most likely option right now is that we come back tomorrow, play will start at 10:30 BST and New Zealand will have 3.5 overs to add as much as possible to their current score of 211-5.

India will then have the full 50 overs to chase whatever New Zealand set.

The forecast for tomorrow isn't great. But hopefully should be clear enough to get a result - India's innings has to be at least 20 overs to constitute a full game, so we can use Duckworth-Lewis-Stern tomorrow.

If tomorrow is rained off as well, India would go through to the final because they finished higher than New Zealand in the group stage.

• My above post is correct. Play restarts 10.30am tomorrow.
  • edited July 2019
    Presumably that's the last time Manchester is allowed to host an important limited-overs cricket match 
  • Chizz said:
    New Zealand are 211/5 after 46.1 overs. It's raining.  So, if that's the end of the NZ innings, India's target will be 237 off 46 overs. 

Try explaining that to a woman. 

Fixed. 
  • Poke The Woke is the new hot internet sport, isn't it? Yawn
  • Leuth said:
    Poke The Woke is the new hot internet sport, isn't it? Yawn

I'll put on a brew. 
  • edited July 2019
    Chizz said:
    New Zealand are 211/5 after 46.1 overs. It's raining.  So, if that's the end of the NZ innings, India's target will be 237 off 46 overs. 

Fixed.
  • edited July 2019
    Chizz said:

Fixed.
    To say nothing about the number of Maidens that were bowled over.
  • India 4-1 chasing 239

Sharma gone early, could get interesting