Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Comments

• edited July 2019
    Khawaja has done his hamstring and has retired hurt.  Are the wheels beginning to come off? 
  • Khawaja retires hurt. Looking more and more likely we'll face them
  • Smith gone!
  • Pommie Mbangwa wins todays Statin the Bleedin award for...

' If Rabada had caught it, that would have been out.'
  • Grand kids making me watch the Grinch. 
    Just as well no cricket or tennis is going on. 
  • Stoinis gone,
    97'3 effectively 4 as Khawaja has done a hammy
  • Great catch.
    Piss of Aussies 
  • Glenn Maxwell is one of the most overrated cricketers ever. 
  • 125-4 off 25 Maxwell now out.
  • Over 8 an over now needed off last 25 overs.
  • Sponsored links:

• 148-4 off 30.
    RRR now pushing 9.
  • If they win this, they really will feel that they are invincible.

Think India may be the better semi for us
  • Interesting, very interesting...
  • We face the Aussies
  • Unusual to see a South African team not choking 
  • Bring on the Aussies! 

It also means that both India and Australia will have to swap venues rather than staying where they are now
  • England v New Zealand in the final. 
  • SA played like a relegated West Ham denying Utd the Prem. Shame on them.
  • Interesting twist in the plot today!
  • It was brilliant at Lords yesterday , no queues for beer or bogs , shame it isn’t like that all the time ! 
    Although meant I got double pissed with no delays
    What was the quality of toilet paper at Lord’s........quite high nowadays I should imagine?
  • Sponsored links:

• Must admit, after having flown all night the previous night, I fell asleep about over 40.But sounds like a fantastic game by looking at the ESPN over by over. 
    Even though I am in SA, and the game involved SA, the resto I was in switched the channel from the cricket to local footy about the start of the Aus innings - never experienced that before in SA where cricket is a religion - shows the general apathy about the SA cricket team after their showing in this WC.

• It was brilliant at Lords yesterday , no queues for beer or bogs , shame it isn’t like that all the time ! 
    Although meant I got double pissed with no delays
    Agree! It was great. We left to get food from the nursery 5 overs before end of Pakistan innings. It was empty. Sat on the seats opposite the nets as we usually do and could actually see the picnic benches and grass and the verve clique tent in the food court was empty!! brilliant to see the Pakistan and Bangladesh fans gathering together to pray in the break. 
  • edited July 2019
    Quite an interesting scenario now, as everyone was expecting a IND v ENG semi. Never know, maybe B72's comment could happen with an ENG v NZ final. An interesting scenario also in that Wednesday (back up day) looks like rain all day in Manchester, whereas Tuesday also has some rain.Could be a D/L decision.
    In the other semi, Birmingham is also looking like a washout on Friday (spare day) with also some rain predicted for Thursday.
    Maybe one of those situations where batting second might be best?!
  • Khawaja and probably Stoinis out
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/48899638

Bit of a shame really as they are both not very good.
  • Is the rest day only used if the previous day is washed out?

ie if they can make a late start on day one with time for 30 overs each, do they play that, or do the team batting first just have their full 50 over innings with second team batting on day two ? 
  • Khawaja and probably Stoinis out
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/48899638

Bit of a shame really as they are both not very good.
    Shame for us as they're probably the 2 worst out of their top 6 batsmen. Gutted it wasn't Finch and Warner.
  • I see the ECB & sky have announced that if England make the final,  it will be shown free to air. Not sure how that'll work, but I assume it'll be on the sky sports website rather than terrestrial TV
  • I read It will be on a sky channel and also on more 4 (Channel 4 are showing the British Grand Prix that day so can’t show it on there) 
  • who fancies who ? 

for me Australia v India final .. Oz are the wizards
  • England v India final, England to win there first world cup at cricket