Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Comments

• I'm sorry - as much as Roy didn't hit it, his behaviour subsequently was awful
    Cheated out of a century in a world cup semi-final. 
    I fully support him
    And that behaviour is replicated every Saturday afternoon - which is why so many teams turn up without an umpire
    Crikey it wasn’t that bad ffs. 

Really? This isn't football
    What’s that got to do with the price of fish?
    He was, quite rightly, angry & he had his say before he walked. 
    Can’t see what’s so bad about that. 
    He’ll get fined & feck all will be said about the umpire. 
    The difference is that this sort of behaviour in disputing decisions is expected with football. It isn't with cricket but has crept into the game over the last 30 years or so to the extent that grass roots cricket cannot get people who are prepared to officiate.

But in this instance, he just questioned his decision before he walked. 
    Why would that put off people officiating at grass roots?

You are meant to walk when you are given out. Not dispute the decision or swear at the opposition for appealing. It is this action that causes issues. Because on a Saturday, if a batsman disputes a decision, he is then told by one of the opposition fielders to "just fxxx off, you've been given out". And then the umpire doesn't just have to umpire but try to stop all hell breaking lose.

• Anyway ....................................

197-2    29 overs

England require 27 from 21 overs.
  • Bairstow should not be allowed to appeal again. 
    He appeals for everything when batting or keeping no matter how stupid the appeal is.
    If I was captain I would just tell him to bat and keep wicket but leave the appeals to others.
  • This isn't the dog and duck 2nd 11, against the Samaritans. I would hope that England would appeal against the Aussies in a similar situation..

Semi final of a cricket WC. Two reviews seem right to me for 50 over and test cricket. Bairstow and Roy didn't think that through but JB was great so let's not castigate the Yorkshire pudding too much.
  • i think Roy may also have been questioning the delivery as a no ball ...
    He appeals for everything when batting or keeping no matter how stupid the appeal is.
    If I was captain I would just tell him to bat and keep wicket but leave the appeals to others.
    Absolutely.

By all means appeal if you need 20 runs and are 8 men down. No need whatsoever to use your last appeal when you are 124/0 in the 18th over.
  • Sponsored links:

Absolutely.

By all means appeal if you need 20 runs and are 8 men down. No need whatsoever to use your last appeal when you are 124/0 in the 18th over.
    And chasing a very low score to win.
    Doesn't make sense. 
  • Can just visualize the sports pages in the Aussie press tomorrow!
  • Will Morgan let Root have the 50 hmmm
  • addick05 said:
    Can just visualize the sports pages in the Aussie press tomorrow!
    Right now (this isn't a joke) the cricket section of the Melbourne Age is leading with: Mark Taylor and Ian Healy have suggested Jason Roy could be in trouble for dissent
  • This has to go down as one of our best ever ODI performances.

Won't get many better all round than this. Pretty much perfect aside from Bairstow's review.
  • Eng win with 107 balls spare.
  • Absolutely thrashed the Aussies.
  • Chizz said:
    addick05 said:
    Can just visualize the sports pages in the Aussie press tomorrow!
    Right now (this isn't a joke) the cricket section of the Melbourne Age is leading with: Mark Taylor and Ian Healy have suggested Jason Roy could be in trouble for dissent
    We know he's in trouble.
    He'll get a fine & a disciplinary point.
  • Sponsored links:

• As opposed to the whole f******g Aussie team being in trouble. What a bunch of sore losers. Smashed them out of sight and this is the best they can come up with?
  • edited July 2019
    Someone tell Chizz England won,that will piss him off
  • Absolutely thrilled with that. 
    Just didn’t want that Australian side winning anything, as that imo sends out a far worse message to kids playing cricket than having a word with the umpire. 
    Good luck to them in the final. 
    Brilliant. 
  • Fabulous result, well done England!
  • What a complete demolition job. 8 wickets, nearly EIGHTEEN overs in hand!
  • The best part of that performance is the fact that a lot of the senior players stepped up to the mark.  Woakes and Archer were a far better opening attack than Berendorf and Starc; Wood thoroughly deserved his wicket; Rashid bowled even better than his figures suggest; Buttler's one key moment was utterly brilliant (to nutmeg the opponents' star player at the same time as running him out); Bairstow and (especially) Roy completely outplayed the Aussies; Root and Morgan completed the demolition with consummate ease.  It was *almost* the perfect performance.  

One more to go...
  • edited July 2019
    Woakes given motm.  That’sjust plain politics. Roy all day long. His reaction to being given out has done for him. 
  • England v New Zealand in the final. 
    Predicted on the 6th of July.

I thank you.