Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• Options
    Its not very nice, but always a lot of fuss over new kits, not too bothered what it looks like really
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Hmmm, the graphic says it's inspired by the sword, but to me it looks more like the featherheads of arrows?
    You’re looking at the inverse. The sword is upside down 
  • Options
    reasonably good but I think the 3rd kit will sell out first 
  • Options
    I like it
  • Options
    Snake’s tongues comes to mind 
  • Options
    It's not bad, a bit on the fussy side for me but then I don't buy them. I like the black detail on the collar.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    What past kit was that supposed to be modelled on? The weird chevrons/stripes are a big miss imo
  • Options
    Looks 95% the same as last year. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Looks 95% the same as last year. 
    Yep. See above and save yourself a few quid!
  • Options
    Like many will say, without going stripes, hoops and flashes, what else can you do with the home kit?  We have has several disastrous attempts at this in the past so I am happy with it.

BTW, were these not meant to be modelled by a couple of new signings?  (Tin hat, takes cover) 
    tbf the womens team did announce a player modelling the new kit so maybe the ITK info was lost in translation
  • Options
    It looks like a Charlton Home kit, that will do for me
  • Options
    not as nice at last year's .. it's ok .. it's who wears it and has great success that is important 
  • Options
    Red, white, red...fine. Looking forward to the second strip 'launch' tomorrow.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    What past kit was that supposed to be modelled on? The weird chevrons/stripes are a big miss imo
    The collar looks like 2005/6 season to me.  Is the bit of black using 91/92
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Looks much better in this pic actually

It's growing on us all already... Like the sleeve detail, very similar to the third
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Croydon said:

It's growing on us all already... Like the sleeve detail, very similar to the third
    Yep I'm liking the more I look at it. Do really like the black on the collar. 
  • Options
    Nice shirt. This season is gonna cost a fortune!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe I'm getting old, but I find the hype and fanfare for a 3rd kit a tad embarrassing.
    Also, it's a nice top, but £50 odd for a kit that the players will wear thrice?
    And after this season wearing it is not going to obviously identify you as Charlton is it. Like a Wolves top with a Charlton sword.
    Still, I guess it's not really aimed at the likes of me.
    Surely people buy a shirt based on whether they like it, not how many times the team will wear it?
    Yeh, that's a fair point mate.
    But for me on the, admittedly rare, occasions I wear a replica shirt I do it to identify myself with my team - so I am going to be mainly wearing the red at home games and whatever colour is our designated away shirt at the away games.
    Otherwise, with the black/gold  from a distance it would be like, who the feck does he support.
    But I get that it's probably just me and that people less fogey will wear them whenever it takes their fancy.
    I still think it's all hideously overpriced and overhyped though
  • Options
    Not a fan really. Don't like the neck at all. Other than that it's alright, the picture of Sophie Quirk wearing it looks a lot better because she's covering up the weird two colour/two level neck bit. It's red though, the shorts are white and the socks are red. Whatevs.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Croydon said:

Yep I'm liking the more I look at it. Do really like the black on the collar. 
    I wonder how many times this season RI will get to wear it.
  • Options
    Love it. Plain and simple. And no hoopy socks. Yippee.   Reminds me a bit of the 11-12 promotion kit. 
  • Options
    I like it, don’t love it. It’s good, not great, but I personally think the collar / shorts trim being all in white would’ve lifted it a bit more. At the end of the day, if they perform well in it and we end up promoted I’m not massively fussed either way!
  • Options
    don't like all the fading in the shirt - plain red please, but then again I ain't gonna buy it so not that fussed
  • Options
    I don't mind it – in fact I quite like it – but I'll be going for the third kit.
  • Options
    Not a fan at all. Looks a mess. Would be interested to see the other options which were presented.

Actually, I hate it. Far too busy.
  • Options
    Nah not for me, 3rd kit will be the best seller this year I think.