Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• Options
    If they could use the material of today's shirts with the robustness of the le coq ones you'd have the perfect combination. Any shirt you have concerns about running through the washing machine isn't good quality in my opinion. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    These were and always will be the... well... King of football boots. 

The OG T90 were also fantastic. 
    Insane Total 90 II Inspired Nike Phantom Venom 39Future DNA39 2020 Boots  Released - Footy Headlines
    Not enough ankle protection, preferred these.

• Options
    Maccn05 said:
    DA9 said:
    Modelled on this? Prefer the original 
    A thing of beauty 
    all kits also look better with proper boots (Adidas World Cup / Adidas Copa Mundial / Puma King - delete as appropriate)
    I think you mean Nike Tiempo’s 😉
    The most uncomfortable boots I have ever worn. Had to buy them as the time as the god of boots Puma Kings were not available. But I guess a boots discussion could have its own thread :smiley:
    I never owned a pair of Kings but barring one pair of Ltd Edition Total 90’s and one pair of Copa Mondial’s (which lasted terribly) I always wore Tiempo’s you needed quite thin feet but I’d swear by them as the best boots ever. My last pair before retiring (my team played in yellow)
  • Options
    Looks like its got holly all over it, maybe their Christmas shirt?
  • Options
    Southampton's Hummel goalkeeper shirts

Southampton 21-22 Goalkeeper Kits Released - Footy Headlines
  • Options
    Ross said:
    They must be happy they've got Hummel this season. Their kits have been bloody awful the last few years! 
  • Options
    Tik Tok are Wrexham’s new sponsor.
  • Options
    Love that training top that Nigel is wearing in his latest video
  • Options
    Following on from Southampton's new keeper kits, here are Bristol City's:

Outstanding Bristol City 21-22 Goalkeeper Kits Released - Footy Headlines

I wonder if ours will be of a similar design...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ross said:

Rascal, but Bristol City have made a call that they want the loudest keepers shirts that Hummel can make
  • Options
    Ross said:

they look like tins of dragon soop
  • Options
    I'd love some loud keeper shirts but no doubt we'll get dull ones again. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Talal said:
    Depends if the keeper gets a say n the design as has sometimes happened in the past.  Big Mac wore a lovely neon effort at Pompey so maybe he isn't averse to making a statement.

I'd love to go back to the Jorge Campos styled shirts from my youth...awesome stuff

Looks like he made it himself
    Fkin parachute
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Talal said:
    Depends if the keeper gets a say n the design as has sometimes happened in the past.  Big Mac wore a lovely neon effort at Pompey so maybe he isn't averse to making a statement.

I'd love to go back to the Jorge Campos styled shirts from my youth...awesome stuff

As a goalkeeper myself (and around the time of this picture), this particular kit is tattooed into my memory. Love it. 
  • Options
    Rylo said:
    Swisdom said:
    Talal said:

As a goalkeeper myself (and around the time of this picture), this particular kit is tattooed into my memory. Love it. 
    It looks like a wicket keepers glove, as in it is way bigger than what is inside it. He may be trying to make himself look bigger or he hopes shots might stuck in his kit.

Biggest memory of him was he wasn't that great in goal but insisted on playing one half in goal the other upfront, where he was even worse.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Rylo said:
    Swisdom said:
    Talal said:

It looks like a wicket keepers glove, as in it is way bigger than what is inside it. He may be trying to make himself look bigger or he hopes shots might stuck in his kit.

Biggest memory of him was he wasn't that great in goal but insisted on playing one half in goal the other upfront, where he was even worse.
    Yeah, agree with the possibility that he wanted to appear bigger. I don’t think he was fantastic, but I admire his confidence! 
  • Options
    he design them himself, i think he was just an attention seeker 
  • Options
    Premier League match ball for the first third of the season 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why just for the first third of the season?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    So they can change the design for the winter yellow balls, and then change it again for the end of the season when the balls go back to being white. Why? So they can sell more footballs.
  • Options
    Thomas over today to launch the new shirts right?
  • Options
    So they can change the design for the winter yellow balls, and then change it again for the end of the season when the balls go back to being white. Why? So they can sell more footballs.
    Because of all the snow that we get in England.
  • Options
    The yellow ball has been a thing for years and years hasn’t it? More about being able to track the ball during the twilight hours than about snow. Orange and red balls for that.
  • Options
    The yellow ball has been a thing for years and years hasn’t it? More about being able to track the ball during the twilight hours than about snow. Orange and red balls for that.
    But they don’t have a yellow ball in the spring/autumn for evening games.
  • Options
    Ross said:

Blimey, they are appalling! But I spose a keepers kits are an opportunity to cut loose a little, so why not?

On a related matter, I know a city fan who used to work for the harbour master in Bristol. He once told me a story of how they got an emergency call to fish a dead cow out of the river down there. Serious stuff.
  • Options
    I remember reading that bright goalkeeper kits have an affect on players attacking the goal and it tends to draw the players to shoot towards the keeper.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Rylo said:
    Swisdom said:
    Talal said:

It looks like a wicket keepers glove,
    Is that like a wizard’s sleeve?