Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019/20 Champions League

Comments

• Options
    That's so true, their transfer policy has been nothing short of a disaster in previous years.

Three players alone bought for around ÂŁ350m and all of them on the bench last night..........one of them on Bayern's bench!

Having said that Setien got the tactics badly wrong. It's well known Bayern press high and fast, but he picked 4 central midfielders and had zero width. At the very least when it was obvious it wasn't working he should've changed it but by half time it was too late. Also contrast Muller and Lewandowski's effort and work rate with that of Messi and Suarez, 2 were all over the place harassing defenders and chasing back, the other 2 were just casually walking about.

It'll be interesting to see what Barca do from here as they have an ageing squad (Messi, Suarez, Pique, Busquets, Vidal, Alba and Rakitic are all over 30) and they don't have the money for a drastic rebuild. They've already agreed to swap 24 year old Arthur for 30 year old Pjanic who whilst a good player, probably has his best days behind him. 
  • Options
    I think Pep needs to use a better deodorant

• Options
    1-0 Lyon
  • Options
    Get Foden on at HT. Only watched since 30mins in but City look a bit slow to everything compared to Lyon
  • Options
    I do want City to win the CL and then never get close again.
    So their fans can never say they were there.😈
  • Options
    Really don't get Guardiola's team selection here.

City have midfielders like Bernardo, David Silva and Foden yet he picked 3 slow, defensive midfielders. They definitely need to change things soon.
  • Options
    Really don't get Guardiola's team selection here.

City have midfielders like Bernardo, David Silva and Foden yet he picked 3 slow, defensive midfielders. They definitely need to change things soon.
    Very odd team selection
  • Options
    Dont see anyone beating Bayern at this rate
  • Options
    I've not seen City look so toothless for years.
    Pep should have changed things after 15 mins, when it clearly wasn't working.
  • Options
    No Foden or Silva is incredible. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beautiful 
  • Options
    I think the goal was offside because I think the ball actually clips the heel of the other forward on the way through to Dembele who was offside at the time. Or have I got that wrong?
  • Options
    Surely Dembele fouled Laporte as he ran through?

It's also weird that we don't get to see the VAR replays, the cameraman just focuses on the ref standing there for 2 minutes.
  • Options
    Oh dear Sterling 
  • Options
    Wow. Sterling with the worst miss of the season. Literally a tap in and he fires it over the bar from 4 yards.
  • Options
    Least it wasnt a costly miss eh Raheem
  • Options
    Would love Lyon v Leipzig in the Final 
  • Options
    Bayern are going to smash this lot.

2 Germany v France semi finals.
  • Options
    Ederson is incredibly overrated 
  • Options
    Wow. Sterling misses an open goal, and Ederson then gives a goal away

France vs Germany in the semis. Twice 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's also weird that we don't get to see the VAR replays, the cameraman just focuses on the ref standing there for 2 minutes.
    Looked like a foul to me also. That goal made a massive difference as City the momentum then
  • Options
    Not for me. I want to see the bigger players and the best teams in the final.

Not teams who finished 3rd and 7th in their leagues.
  • Options
    Ha Ha. Enjoy Southalls!!
  • Options
    Pep got it wrong tonight. He was afraid that they would get hit on the counter so went ultra defensive on his line up. And in the end that happened anyway!
  • Options

Looked like a foul to me also. That goal made a massive difference as City the momentum then
    Disastrous last 10 minutes for City.

Conceded a goal that looked like a foul on Laporte. Sterling then misses a chance that is easier to score, and then Ederson just fumbles it out to Dembele.
  • Options
    I know it'll never happen but UEFA should consider straight knockout ties instead of 2 legs. These games have been so much better.

All 4 quarter finals have been superb with late drama in 3 of them and the other was one of the most amazing games the competition has ever seen.
  • Options

That horse bolted when it became the Champions League. It’s never coming back.
  • Options

Bored with the constant elite in the same finals nearly every year
  • Options
    At least that miss from Sterling will finally answer why Kane didnt square it to him in the Croatia game ;) 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Bayern Munich are so far ahead of the other 3 semi finalists it's ridiculous. Man City without Aguero and Sane did not have a out and out striker to bring on. Jesus just wasn't sharp and Sterling, did an impression of the player that couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo over those two years playing for England before he improved his finishing.
    Both Athletico Madrid and City were favourites in their QF but neither played that well over the 90+ minutes and Leipzig and Lyon had amazing fitness and organisation.

It won't happen next season because of the TV cash cow but one legged QF and SF are more exciting.