Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019/20 Champions League

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Pep is a great manager and sometimes great managers can out think themselves. It was a disaster matching up to an inferior team which negated the threat from City and added nothing to them defensively. It also brought Lyon closer to them. With 10 minutes of the first half to go I was calling for him to change. I can't believe how managers just write off time just before half time. 

But even so, they shouldn't have lost. The second Lyon goal should have been disallowed.  But an argument could be made that it was just a collision. 85% of refs (probably more) would have called a foul. VAR would have given a foul if the ref gave a foul. City really miss Kompany btw.

Stirling as such a good player, so naturally talented, doesn't do everything technically correctly. He doesn't have to as his touch is so good. But had a donkey of a player been in the position he was, they would have been thinking, 'keep it down, keep it down' and would have scored.

I know I should support the English side, but I was pleased for Lyon.  
  • Options
    Would love Lyon v Leipzig in the Final 
    Not for me. I want to see the bigger players and the best teams in the final.

Not teams who finished 3rd and 7th in their leagues.
    Bored with the constant elite in the same finals nearly every year
    PSG have never reached the final
  • Options
    Yes, it is refreshing. The German league is run a lot more fairly. Not perfect but fans have greater power and the French League isn't even in the top four.
  • Options
    Yes, it is refreshing. The German league is run a lot more fairly. Not perfect but fans have greater power and the French League isn't even in the top four.
    In terms of club ownership the Bundesliga is much better yes, but there's nothing great about a league that has been won 8 times in a row by the same club and where that club can spend more on one player than probably 14 of the other 17 teams have as an entire transfer budget.
  • Options
    I doubt he will come on as he didn't in the Quarter Final

But how great would it be if Leipzig still need a goal with 20 minutes to go to see Lookman in a Champions League Semi Final
  • Options
    I doubt he will come on as he didn't in the Quarter Final

But how great would it be if Leipzig still need a goal with 20 minutes to go to see Lookman in a Champions League Semi Final
    And then do this?  :#

• Options
    PSG are way too good for Leipzig.
  • Options
    VAR decisions are done so quick compared to Prem League
  • Options
    PSG into their first ever CL final.

First French club to reach the final since Monaco in 2004.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Neymar is so underrated
  • Options
    Neymar is so underrated
    He's a fantastic player.

Unlikeable tosspot too, obviously, which may be the issue for many.
  • Options
    Wonder if he still wants to go back to Barcelona?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Wonder if he still wants to go back to Barcelona?
    Personally i think he'll go back there. His PSG contract is up in 2022 and i'm not convinced he'll want to renew. So PSG will either have to take something next summer or lose him on a free in 2022. With Messi not getting any younger, i'm sure Barcelona will try and get him back at some point.

PSG are also in the same situation with Mbappe. His contract is also up in 2022 and it's no secret he wants to go to Real Madrid.
  • Options
    PSG/Bayern would make for an intriguing final
  • Options
    Unusually we can say that Lookman has been unCharltonised
  • Options
    Been watching all of these games and the Europa ones over the last few weeks. Compared to the European football I remember watching in the 70s and 80s it seems like a completely different sport!
  • Options
    This Bayern side are something else. Absolutely ruthless.
  • Options
    This Bayern side are something else. Absolutely ruthless.
    Sane to come in too. Frightening. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Lewandowksi must be sick there is no Ballon D'or, he would have been a shoe in to win
  • Options
    55! Goals for Lewandowski this season
  • Options
    He's played 46 games this season and scored in 38 of them. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    Bayern's starting XI tonight cost the same as Harry Maguire!
  • Options
    He's played 46 games this season and scored in 38 of them. Ridiculous.
    Incredible. Post lockdown alone he’s managed 16 goals in 14 games!
  • Options
    siblers said:
    Lewandowksi must be sick there is no Ballon D'or, he would have been a shoe in to win
    It most other eras he would be the star player of his generation
  • Options
    Anyone going for anything other than a Bayern win? PSG gave some great individual talent but Bayern are such a well oiled machine that I can’t see anything other than a Bavarian champion! 
  • Options
    Fancy a few goals tonight 3-2 Bayern
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Fancy a few goals tonight 3-2 Bayern
    Put a couple of nominal bets on to make it more interesting, included 3-1 Bayern.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Good chances for both sides so far but all a bit 100mph, helter skelter at the moment. Crying out for someone to put their foot on the ball and take control.